Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    How many Apple OS PCs are there vs PCs with Windows ? Which would be the bigger problem ?
    So? The fact is the problem can still arise on Apples end.

End of the day MS don't care what you are doing on Windows 10. They don't care if you are watching a cat dance on Youtube or playing WoW.

It's literally paranoia. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few people in the thread saying not to waste money on Win10. You do know that you can still get it completely free by saying that you use Accessibility Software, right? You don't have to provide any proof other than ticking a box to say you use it: it doesn't ask you for any previous windows keys, just checks your system specs are good enough.

Yes, it only works for 7 & 8 upgrading to 10 and it may not be around for ever, but for now you can get a free version of Win10 from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/acce...ndows10upgrade
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't have any ads on Windows 10 right now. Start menu consists of a calendar, mail app and a few things I pinned. Not once have I had an ad pop up.
    last time i've been using 10 i've got my file explorer ask me to buy shitty one drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Because once it's not supported it's also not protected by cheats or simply game(breaking) bugs anymore.
    It will probably run just fine until they make some major change (expansion) and upgrade architecture that's no longer supported on XP. For example, bumping up the Directx version. Even then people find ways to hack around that. Blizzard won't officially support you though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I see no reason to switch to W10 on the desktop tower. Especially now that it would cost me hundreds of euros.
    See my link above.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They do, that's one of the reasons they gather it.

Because they are overpriced, underperform for their costs and are unupgradable. It's just a laugh material for gaming and thumbs up for marketing, they seriously did a great job and spreading gaming laptops.
    So "they do" is your only source here? Alright then I guess...... Good to know your word of mouth here is a source that MS are watching me play WoW.....

And again some people want the portability and ability to game. I bought mine because I mostly don't do anything intensive when it comes to gaming on PC. I like that when I'm away on work stuff I can use my laptop and chill with GTA 5.

Also that laptop I linked runs a few intensive games quite well on Med/High actually.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-21 at 09:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Quite a few people in the thread saying not to waste money on Win10. You do know that you can still get it completely free by saying that you use Accessibility Software, right? You don't have to provide any proof other than ticking a box to say you use it: it doesn't ask you for any previous windows keys, just checks your system specs are good enough.

Yes, it only works for 7 & 8 upgrading to 10 and it may not be around for ever, but for now you can get a free version of Win10 from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/acce...ndows10upgrade
    You have to call Microsoft on the phone now for this. They removed the automated portion shortly after a million articles were published on how to receive the free upgrade.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You have to call Microsoft on the phone now for this. They removed the automated portion shortly after a million articles were published on how to receive the free upgrade.
    Hmm is that regional, because I upgraded 2 windows 8 laptops in the office last week and it didn't ask me to that (EU here).

Hmm is that regional, because I upgraded 2 windows 8 laptops in the office last week and it didn't ask me to that (EU here).
    Did you upgrade using the Win 8 product key?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you upgrade using the Win 8 product key?
    Nope, just downloaded the executable and followed the prompts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So key word here is can yet they don't? Ok then. Also last I checked Apple were in the OS industry as well. You think they couldn't do that either?
    I'm fairly sure that people came up with solutions for this, but last time i've checked windows10 at least gathers your biometrics (just like many other smart devices), and doesn't give you an option to turn it off unless you buy enterprise version of windows. Stuck with Home version? Well sucks to be you if you don't want us to get some "feedback" from you
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm fairly sure that people came up with solutions for this, but last time i've checked windows10 at least gathers your biometrics (just like many other smart devices), and doesn't give you an option to turn it off unless you buy enterprise version of windows. Stuck with Home version? Well sucks to be you if you don't want us to get some "feedback" from you
    If you are referring to Windows Hello that is completely optional on both PC and Tablets. If not then expand upon the biometrics part for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to give it a shot on my daughter's laptop. I swear on my grave it stopped working shortly after as I was like nice going idiots for ruining a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

The anniversary update gave you a lot more customization for changing privacy settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The anniversary update gave you a lot more customization for changing privacy settings.
    But it still connects to bing at various points for some reason... even when you turn them off... haven't bought enterprise version, maybe it doesn't do it there, but paying extra for MS to stop recording what, when and how i type is just ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

If you are referring to Windows Hello that is completely optional on both PC and Tablets. If not then expand upon the biometrics part for me.
    The same googles gets off their google keyboard app - your "secondary" biometrics - your voice, typing and other parameters

But it still connects to bing at various points for some reason... even when you turn them off... haven't bought enterprise version, maybe it doesn't do it there, but paying extra for MS to stop recording what, when and how i type is just ridiculous
    And where is your source that they are recording that?

10+ Year Old Account
    And where is your source that they are recording that?
    it's... behavioral analysis, that's what modern companies do on the internet, are you living in the past? The problem is that they bring it into your PC. Keep it to the browser window and it's fine

it's... behavioral analysis, that's what modern companies do on the internet, are you living in the past?
    No actual source then? Ok. Provide one or this is pointless.

Show me that Microsoft are watching what I do, what I type and if I'm watching a funny cat video on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    My computer is no where near low spec and takes Next to no time to start up not that I count. which I do once a day when getting ready for work takes less then 5 sec to come out of sleep when I get home. Once again what reason do I have to possible upgrade.
    My rig does a cold start that fast with W10. W10 is a hell of a lot more responsive and faster than W7.

10+ Year Old Account
    No actual source then? Ok. Provide one or this is pointless.
    you want a source that keystroke dynamics exist? what the fuck? Literally first like from google after typing "keystroke logging windows 10"

you want a source that keystroke dynamics exist? what the fuck? Literally first like from google after typing "keystroke logging windows 10"
    Thank you. And good thing it can be turned off isn't it? Optional settings are the best thing ever.