Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    I did see that picture. Remind me where i said she looked like a radical? Hell, i posted one of the cosplays in the OP didnt i? Had to go trough the others. But nice rage there. The reason you know she's muslim (aside from the way she wears her headscarf) is the fact that it woulnd have made the news if it was a christian or a jewish person.
    So, what you are saying is that A: you have absolutely no idea what a muslim headscarf actually looks like when worn by an actual human being, and B: you are utterly clueless as to why this actually made the news (hint, it was posted under Humor on the website that linked it, that alone should tell you exactly how "omg serious" it is). Also, Wtf is up with the Radical comment? You seeing words on screen that don't exist or something? You should probably get some sleep if that is the case, delirium can't be good for you. Ohh, wait. Never mind, I get it. You automatically conflated Fundamentalist with Radical. Whelp, that pretty much tells me everything I needed to know.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-07-21 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol she's a dead ringer for Zoe (Firefly) in that photo, really good.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Companies are allowed to set their own standard of dress. Really my only opinions on the matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    http://mymodernmet.com/june-rivas-co...iscrimination/

Who's in the wrong here? I understand you'r boss telling you he doesnt like your head scarf isnt nice. But being a child about it and deliberately coming to work dressed like that and hurting the business is something to be fired over. Thoughts?
    How is she hurting the business?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Some people just don't value being employed.. Have a problem? Go to HR, show up in cosplay? I would fire you in a heartbeat.

You would hear "go back home" before the door had time to close behind you.

If a boss is asking you to do something out of contract there are ways to deal with it, she is being a bitch since now everyone thinks just cause they might have an audience online they can act up and get support from other anonymous brats.
    I hope you will enjoy the wrongful termination lawsuits coming your way.

Ah who am I kidding, none of you ''I would fire her in a heartbeat'' commenters have actually worked a day in your lives, let alone have a position where you are able to fire people.

Deleted
    People like her can start their own business and dress up as silly as they want.
    Working for someone else that's paying your salary and work-related insurances? You work by their rules.

"He who pays the piper calls the tune."

Looks more like a bandana, then a scarf. And I agree, id buy pretty much anything she is selling, if she wore that Star Trek costume xD

Quick Edit: Only thing that would put me off, is her really thin arms, id buy her lunch, but im afraid, she would just order a salat, with salad on the side :-/
    Last edited by Svad1287; 2017-07-21 at 10:33 AM.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her. This is a brilliant way to protest. People like her make me wish I owned a business so I could hire her.

Seems a bit wierd but if it is a office job where she doesn't interact with clients in person I don't see how it hurts the business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Because i don't care about how people look. I care about qualifications. If some tatted up biker got 20 years of experience in the banking business, i will trust him with my money, because that's the only thing that matters, and the only thing that should matter.
    I can agree with this. I'd rather have the person who knows what they're doing over the one who looks like they know what they're doing.

She looks pretty cute in that scarf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was a way to tell "head scarfs are ugly, pls realise this".

i wish i could wear saiyan armor at work

Dress codes are stupid and... they don't have one so... yeah.

I don't see what's so outrageous about a headscarf anyway. Seems like her boss is just a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    omg a woman is wearing a headscarf! Run for your lives you goddamn pussies!

- - - Updated - - -

that is fine if it's a fast food chain. But a workplace shouldn't dictate religious practices. I don't see any fuss about indians wearing a turban to workplaces. and frankly, turbans have more room to hide a bomb.

Those goddamn pussies.
    I am not allowed to wear anything but my uniform save for casual fridays

Granted I work at a shop most of the time but it holds true. Businesses are allowed to set standards of dress it is up to them.

How to get fired and never get another job again, 101.

I mean, every single recruiter does a search on your name when you apply. This will now come up for hers. Hopefully she enjoys welfare, though, then again, getting on that might've been the point as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    I hope you will enjoy the wrongful termination lawsuits coming your way.

Ah who am I kidding, none of you ''I would fire her in a heartbeat'' commenters have actually worked a day in your lives, let alone have a position where you are able to fire people.
    Oh there are ways to fire her that are technically legal.

Your position is being merged with "X". Sadly you are no longer needed.

If she is in a right to work state, they can simply just fire her for the cosplay outfit without having a dress code in place.

I don't think you have any idea what an actual business can do legally if they want.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-07-21 at 01:23 PM.

From this glimpse on her personality, I wouldn't doubt she might have chosen this job BECAUSE it doesn't have a dressing code.

Anyways, if the company chose not to have a dressing code deliberately, sounds like the boss is unaligned with the company values, not her. If they just did a poor job at making their contract, it should become pretty clear as new contracts are made with rigorous dressing codes, and then she screwed it up for all future employees.

It's all about transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    From this glimpse on her personality, I wouldn't doubt she might have chosen this job BECAUSE it doesn't have a dressing code.

Anyways, if the company chose not to have a dressing code deliberately, sounds like the boss is unaligned with the company values, not her. If they just did a poor job at making their contract, it should become pretty clear as new contracts are made with rigorous dressing codes, and then she screwed it up for all future employees.

It's all about transparency.
    Wouldn't those future employees just face the exact same issue in that case? I don't see how she could have "screwed it up" for them in the theoretical case that the dress codes existed but were not present on her contract. Sounds like she's saved them the trouble if anything.

If they wanted a dress code, it should have been on her contract.

The original outfit is fine, i don't see a problem.

The cosplay shit is distracting and she should be fired for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================