Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Really sad to see him go..the fact that WoW music is the main reason I started playing WoW back then in vanilla makes his leaving even sadder...
    You started playing in vanilla mainly because of the music? I find this to be quite a sensational exaggeration.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Wow is a sinking ship, they want to get away before it's too late
    I was right didn't take long for the haters to pipe up.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    You started playing in vanilla mainly because of the music? I find this to be quite a sensational exaggeration.
    Music can be a key factor in wanting to play a game. Don't see an issue with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expansions have been very varying in terms of quality, but I feel like the one thing that has always been top-notch has been the music. I've always said that the best thing to come out of WoD was the opening cinematic music (granted it was composed by Neal Acree, but still produced by Russel). So hats off to this man. Really sad to see them take this direction.
    Last edited by Seregon; 2017-07-21 at 11:36 AM.

better great ppl like RB stay away from a company like what Blizzard became. professional ppl like him dont match any longer that cost-effective cashcow-milking greedy assholes piss place, Blizzard is since years. better find yourself a new home RB and keep being creative and professional as you are. thx for all the great work, best wishes and may the force be with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Damn, the music was ALWAYS top notch in every expansion.

I can understand that sometimes you just want a new challenge.
    that underlined how less ppl even read these days. half of the comments here didnt even realize that it was not his choice and whats going on. wether they read his twitter nor they really read the article or comments.

those ppl make me agressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I was right didn't take long for the haters to pipe up.
    but it takes even less long as idiots like you pop up, defending everything what Blizzard do, regardless how obviously greedy, bad for the game, stupid, or whatever, it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    better great ppl like RB stay away from a company like what Blizzard became. professional ppl like him dont match any longer that cost-effective cashcow-milking greedy assholes piss place, Blizzard is since years. better find yourself a new home RB and keep being creative and professional as you are. thx for all the great work, best wishes and may the force be with you.

- - - Updated - - -

that underlined how less ppl even read these days. half of the comments here didnt even realize that it was not his choice and whats going on. wether they read his twitter nor they really read the article or comments.

those ppl make me agressive.

- - - Updated - - -

but it takes even less long as idiots like you pop up, defending everything what Blizzard do, regardless how obviously greedy, bad for the game, stupid, or whatever, it is.
    Haha, wow, imagine being this angry at a company that makes video games. And the irony of insulting others of being idiots..

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly does the “sound de-centralization” initiative even mean?

Sad to see him having to go, I enjoy listening to the OST from time to time.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    I mean, there have been a few games that I tried out purely because of the music, so I don't see anything wrong with that statement.

Good luck to everything you do you legend and I hope you make more music for WOW. My favorite soundtracks ever!

People are passionate about WoW and always liked/disliked one element or another, but the music has been the single universal deeply beloved part, it's been appreciated by players and non-gamers alike. I can't imagine the corporate dynamics that would make Rusell Brower's role "redundant". I've seen him live on Blizzard concert, he is passionate about his music and it shows. I hope he will continue to write for Warcraft, but either way the magic of his music will endure and wherever he goes next he will always find the love of the people he inspires.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post

Sounds like outsourcing to me. Or possibly they're moving their sound department to France or some other place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im actually kinda glad he is leaving. Don't get me wrong, he is great artist responsible for one of most iconic aspects of wow. Its just that after WoTLK, his work on wow became very...repetitive ? MoP had few good tracks, but both WoD and Legion really felt like more of we already have.

I really hope someone with compltely fresh approach will work on music for 8.0 onwards.
    I think MoP had a different vibe, mainly because most tracks were (for the most part) directed by Jeremy Soule, or in other words the guy who did the Skyrim Soundtrack (hopefully just among other things, it's the only 2 things I know him for).

another rat fleeing the sinking ship

Sound quality has been going down since wotlk and on where it just ended up being that fantasy epic generic that sucks the life out of a setting and everyone uses now so not seeing this as a big loss.

Deleted
    Bad decision by Blizz. Oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    Sounds like outsourcing to me. Or possibly they're moving their sound department to France or some other place?
    Sounds like throwing some pennies at young unknown freelancer artists who are glad they get their stuff published.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Haha, wow, imagine being this angry at a company that makes video games. And the irony of insulting others of being idiots..
    i am not angry about a company. i am angry to live on a planet full of naive idiots. wether that ppl have even worked 1 day in companies like blizz, nor they really read stuff. what they do is hopping in, read nothing, piss some halfbaked statement into forums, without really thinking about whats going on or questioning things, and then leave to play another game after 2-8 months, just to jump into forums there and post the same idiotic BS there.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-07-21 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So fired instead of keeping his job in the new structure?

Bit strange given his merits in making the stellar OSTs in Blizzard games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post

Probably a way to cut costs by outsourcing the composing to freelancers with less pay than a regular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am not angry about a company. i am angry to live on a planet full of naive idiots. wether that ppl have even worked 1 day in companies like blizz, nor they really read stuff. what they do is hopping in, read nothing, piss some halfbaked statement into forums, without really thinking about whats going on or questioning things, and then leave to play another game after 2-8 months, just to jump into forums there and post the same idiotic BS there.
    So? Most people have no clue about most topics on this earth. And still people talk about them and exchange opinions. Negativity and rejection ire just part of the game called life, don't take them too serious. Especially video games and media overall attracts millions of narrow minded people who express theirselves. If you want more in-depth argumentation look at other places and not MMO-Champ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope they can have another musician as great as he was! Good luck to him for the future.