Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    it seem that a pure skeleton build will not be the top one, im sad about that, that will certainly take a few season before they are really good like the witch doctor (it took him a few seasons of patch before the pet build had to be good)
    i saw a build about bone armor and the big thing who aoe, i will certainly do that

that one : https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necroma...-2-6-season-11

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    it seem that a pure skeleton build will not be the top one
    Trag'oul Blood Lance is the best build, but Rathma is better than Inarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Trag'oul Blood Lance is the best build, but Rathma is better than Inarius.
    blood lance seem to be the best one on boss but not on aoe, well that was the guy said on the build, less fun anyway than bonestorm

and for rathma , you talk about the build of skeleton mage rathma ? because..i see it like on 4-5th place

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    and for rathma , you talk about the build of skeleton mage rathma ? because..i see it like on 4-5th place

I'm having a blast with the Necro, didn't expect it to be so much fun. I'm playing a pet build with corpse explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, still using Mirinae. Even post-nerf, the healing is worth it, and the other options to swap to don't have DR or healing to back them. Not pushing higher GRs yet, still farming for some better-itemized drops in T13 (comfortably, could push higher if I wanted to, probably). I gotta re-assess and see if I need those purple gems in my chest/pants still, but it won't swing things THAT much.
    Curious why you're using a 1h if you're doing bonestorm? and I've found bane of the powerful to be a pretty good replacement for mirinae. Its offensive as well as defensive just like mirinae used to be. But to each his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Curious why you're using a 1h if you're doing bonestorm? and I've found bane of the powerful to be a pretty good replacement for mirinae. Its offensive as well as defensive just like mirinae used to be. But to each his own.
    1H plus Iron Rose. It's the Iron Rose that I'm using the 1H for. Bone Storm boosts ALL damage you do, so the free Blood Novas are all boosted damage. It also justifies me using Blood Siphon, which gives me some extra regen (and as I've said before, I'm playing on Hardcore, so not-dying is a big deal).

I'm mostly just testing out some alternatives with Inarius builds before the season hit, and farming up gear for that testing; it's not a build that could push higher GRs I don't think.

Mirinae's not a BAD gem, it just doesn't proc at a glitchy rate any more, which the launch Inarius build relied on; Mirinae procs were your primary damage. Here, I was using it for some additional healing/damage while my constant PBAoE wore everything down. I was trying an Aura of Frailty thing for farming, but it's not as effective at higher GRs as running with Corpse Lance/Land of the Dead for burning down troublesome elites/rift bosses.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-20 at 06:09 PM.

Mirinae's not a BAD gem, it just doesn't proc at a glitchy rate any more, which the launch Inarius build relied on; Mirinae procs were your primary damage. Here, I was using it for some additional healing/damage while my constant PBAoE wore everything down. I was trying an Aura of Frailty thing for farming, but it's not as effective at higher GRs as running with Corpse Lance/Land of the Dead for burning down troublesome elites/rift bosses.
    Not disagreeing with you at all, though for the sake of entering the deatils, the Inarius fix on procs dropped it around 10 GRs of power. 10 GRs difference is a 4.8 multiplier on monsters HP - this means that with the pre-fix Mirinae the build was doing nearly 5 times the damage. And still, Current Trag'Oul corpse lance ugly-as-ass build was already stronger of prenerf Inarius.

There's some degree of power creep that's insane running around. It's not a "viability" issue, it's literally some builds doing 10 times the damage of others.

EDIT: strictly on gems, running a BotP would net you more survivability and it's generally one of the best gems hands down for anything that's not 85/90+ (where Stricken is needed).

- - - Updated - - -

1H + OH means being able to stack one more legendary effect. Only a few builds don't use this setup due to not having relevant legendaries to use.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    1H + OH means being able to stack one more legendary effect. Only a few builds don't use this setup due to not having relevant legendaries to use.
    I thought the bone storms used reilana's but I forgot about blood nova bonestorm.

And can I just reiterate that simlancer is the shittiest play style possible? Yeah it pushes higher grifts (I can push 90+ with no augments around mid 700 para.. my gear rolled disgustingly good) but while I'm playing its stressful, tedious, and just plain lame.

I thought the bone storms used reilana's but I forgot about blood nova bonestorm.

And can I just reiterate that simlancer is the shittiest play style possible? Yeah it pushes higher grifts (I can push 90+ with no augments around mid 700 para.. my gear rolled disgustingly good) but while I'm playing its stressful, tedious, and just plain lame.
    Well, many builds use that but mostly cubed since the bones spikes part isn't really doing wonders. It's the more damage per essence point that does wonders (especially with the Rathma Singularity build).

For the rest, i just fully agree with you. I cannot stand that build or basically all best build that are running around, save for said Rathma Singularity which is a standard pet gameplay with no generators and passive regen. They're all about porting around until LotD comes up. Since ladders are useless and you need only GR75 if you're interested in the journey, basically any build can do that.

I'm going to play this https://www.d3planner.com/610156811 for my seasonal Necro, let's see how it goes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not disagreeing with you at all, though for the sake of entering the deatils, the Inarius fix on procs dropped it around 10 GRs of power. 10 GRs difference is a 4.8 multiplier on monsters HP - this means that with the pre-fix Mirinae the build was doing nearly 5 times the damage. And still, Current Trag'Oul corpse lance ugly-as-ass build was already stronger of prenerf Inarius.

There's some degree of power creep that's insane running around. It's not a "viability" issue, it's literally some builds doing 10 times the damage of others.

EDIT: strictly on gems, running a BotP would net you more survivability and it's generally one of the best gems hands down for anything that's not 85/90+ (where Stricken is needed).
    Wasn't trying to say the nerf wasn't huge, just saying the post-nerf Mirinae is pretty comparable, damage-wise, to stuff like Wreath of Lightning for the Inarius build; it's comparable to other gems. Pre-nerf, it was most of your damage, which was the issue. And while I know the Trag build is stronger than Inarius, Trag is also SUPER risky for Hardcore. I'll probably stick with Rathma this season.

Wasn't trying to say the nerf wasn't huge, just saying the post-nerf Mirinae is pretty comparable, damage-wise, to stuff like Wreath of Lightning for the Inarius build; it's comparable to other gems. Pre-nerf, it was most of your damage, which was the issue. And while I know the Trag build is stronger than Inarius, Trag is also SUPER risky for Hardcore. I'll probably stick with Rathma this season.
    Did they fix the bugs with Iron Rose?

Well, many builds use that but mostly cubed since the bones spikes part isn't really doing wonders. It's the more damage per essence point that does wonders (especially with the Rathma Singularity build).

For the rest, i just fully agree with you. I cannot stand that build or basically all best build that are running around, save for said Rathma Singularity which is a standard pet gameplay with no generators and passive regen. They're all about porting around until LotD comes up. Since ladders are useless and you need only GR75 if you're interested in the journey, basically any build can do that.

I'm going to play this https://www.d3planner.com/610156811 for my seasonal Necro, let's see how it goes.
    I was mostly referring to this build for running reil.

And I went back to my old faithful monk. I just enjoy the balance of being able to do everything. I may roll a necro later in the season

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I purchased Necromancer and got it to 70.

I noticed that while using Jesseth -set, my skeletons will only heal from very first monster and stop afterwards. So I'd need to use command all the time, wasting essence on it instead of skeletal mages. Because of this issue, I'm a bit of stuck since Dark Mending was supposed to be my way of getting healed.

After quick Google'ing, I saw bug reports of it from month away, a bit worried that they might not fix this anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

I noticed that while using Jesseth -set, my skeletons will only heal from very first monster and stop afterwards. So I'd need to use command all the time, wasting essence on it instead of skeletal mages. Because of this issue, I'm a bit of stuck since Dark Mending was supposed to be my way of getting healed.

After quick Google'ing, I saw bug reports of it from month away, a bit worried that they might not fix this anytime soon.
    Late response but I think this is why the LPS build with freezing skeles rose up in popularity. It doesn't seem to be a reliable health regen with dark mending until they fix the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Wouldn't this be remedied by the item(can't remember if it's a set or legendary) that constantly makes Skeles command target switch to a new target when the old one dies? Making them constantly re-target and re-command without cost?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Wouldn't this be remedied by the item(can't remember if it's a set or legendary) that constantly makes Skeles command target switch to a new target when the old one dies? Making them constantly re-target and re-command without cost?
    He's talking about it. The Jesseth set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He's talking about it. The Jesseth set.
    Derp derp! Hahaha. I don't know how I missed that. It's literally one of the first things he says. "I noticed that while using the Jesseth set...." XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    I'm having a blast with the Necro, didn't expect it to be so much fun. I'm playing a pet build with corpse explosion.
    Same. Necro is quite possibly, objectively the best class in Diablo 3 now.

Its so versatile and very refreshing to play a class that has you pushing more than 2 buttons to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Same. Necro is quite possibly, objectively the best class in Diablo 3 now.

Its so versatile and very refreshing to play a class that has you pushing more than 2 buttons to win.
    1. LotD
    2. Corpse Lance
    3. ????

I can't find a third button.