Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager
    snap
    Anduin as a gay character... well... would give some backbone to him and would open the doors to some great Wrathion-Anduin thing if planned correctly. I'd love this much more than "TYRANDAAAH" "MALFURION, MY LOVEE" thing. Especially considering some shady thing was happening between them in MoP, writers could easily expand that.

Am I fucking pairing a dragon with a paladin/priest human king?
    well...

Arthas had the best story arc and development. But my favorites are Velen and Genn(for different reasons). They both are pretty well written (by wow standards).

Jaina is the best written character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Anduin as a gay character... well... would give some backbone to him and would open the doors to some great Wrathion-Anduin thing if planned correctly. I'd love this much more than "TYRANDAAAH" "MALFURION, MY LOVEE" thing. Especially considering some shady thing was happening between them in MoP, writers could easily expand that.

Am I fucking pairing a dragon with a paladin/priest human king?
    well...
    Back bone for gay characters? Yes, they do that quite a lot.

Jokes aside that could be one way to develop a character. I mean the development wow characters get pretty much boils down to fighting. How, what, why and how well?
    Alphinaud (the closest equivalent to Anduin in FFXIV) is known to be a wannabe womanizer who can't swim, is afraid of ghosts, can make very lifelike drawings and looks so much like his sister even one of his ex girlfiends mixed them up.
    Since Anduin isn't much of a fighter I could see him getting similar life details to flesh him out more.

As for the dragon . human priest pairing: If Jaina and Kalec can work I don't see any problem with Wranduin.

The Player Character

At least the shaman one, can't really talk for other classes..

So this might be a bit cheating, but i rather enjoy the player-characters development for the last couple of expansions, going from a simple adventurer to a commander, to the leader of their own class faction. It's a very natural progression for someone who brought down the Lich King, Deathwing and the Firelord (twice!)
    I've no idea what to write here.

All the characters from the Welcome to the Machine series.

Gamon.

Medivh.

Deleted
    so true.. arthas linestory was amazing and in wotlk he acted very limited, same as illidan now..

Sylvanas, Jaina and Garrosh tied together.

I agree with Anduin being gay. There needs to be a gay warcraft character.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

In all of Warcraft history? Probably Arthas. He did go a bit too comic book supervillain in Wrath but he remained awesome from beginning to end. And before becoming the Lich King he actually had a (gasp!!) consistent and fairly believable character arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

There is. In Azsuna

There needs to be a gay warcraft character.
    No matter what you say, It'll always sound forced to me.

In Anduin's case, at least.

Arthas. He has the Shakespearean tragic characteristics and I believe he is one of the best-written characters in video game history. The other, in my opinion, is Garrosh Hellscream. The depth analysis of his motive, dialogues (esp. in Nagrand cinematic), characteristics and his lines in War Crimes would reveal a well-developed character rather than just a warmonger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chromie. What's better than a temporally confused dragon who disguises herself as a Gnome? Answer: nothing. Want to buy World of Chromiecraft.

I'd say either Varian or Greymane.
    Not that they are shining beacon of literature, but they are at least entertaining and consistent. Nearly all other characters were ruined at one point or another by dumb twists or such.

The Lich King would have been up there if Blizzard had kept the Frozen Throne "fusion" ending instead of some sort of retarded "Arthas dominated Ner'zhul and if not for the comically bad "it was all on purpose to make you stronger" garbage.
    Samely, Illidan would be probably there if not for the TBC plot stupidity and the "back from the dead" fanservice in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you definetly, who is the worst written character.

Thrall after CATA aka shaman cry baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    That's pretty much Maiev though isn't it? She is also a sort of outcast who dose a lot of questionable shit that would make Sylvanas uncomfortable, because she believes that is what is needed to protect/restore the Night Elf society to glory.
    Even though I like Maiev for being a different than a stereotypical elf, I can hardly say she is well written.

Her extreme overzealous personality is never really explained and the explanation we received, doesn't seem justifiable. On top of that Knaak decided to make her even bigger monster in Wolfheart, but in Legion I think they did pretty good job with her. She definitely has a potential.

However I think she is good example of character Blizzard has trouble writing. Whenever there is a more grey character, they put it on rollercoaster of commiting insane atrocities followed by cheesy redemption stories just to ruin the appeal of character.

All characters who were in grey area, apart from Arthas who reached his ultimate evolution back in Frozen Throne, was butchered by stupid decisions followed by another decision to keep the character in 'good' spot in case they can use it in future. Just look at Illidan, Garrosh or Sylvanas (Who will most likely get a crappy redemption story, given her popularity).

In recent years, Bizzard succeeded only with Greymane from established lore characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Even though I like Maiev for being a different than a stereotypical elf, I can hardly say she is well written.

Her extreme overzealous personality is never really explained and the explanation we received, doesn't seem justifiable. On top of that Knaak decided to make her even bigger monster in Wolfheart, but in Legion I think they did pretty good job with her. She definitely has a potential.

However I think she is good example of character Blizzard has trouble writing. Whenever there is a more grey character, they put it on rollercoaster of commiting insane atrocities followed by cheesy redemption stories just to ruin the appeal of character.

All characters who were in grey area, apart from Arthas who reached his ultimate evolution back in Frozen Throne, was butchered by stupid decisions followed by another decision to keep the character in 'good' spot in case they can use it in future. Just look at Illidan, Garrosh or Sylvanas (Who will most likely get a crappy redemption story, given her popularity).

In recent years, Bizzard succeeded only with Greymane from established lore characters.
    Yeah, Blizzard doesn't do grey characters very well. Or for long. Garrosh and Varian were both grey in Cata, but they developed into the two extremes for MoP. Now we have Jaina and Greymane as morally grey. Let's see how long it sticks.

Zul'Jin for me.

I have such a huge sympathy and understanding for him. It's such a shame how Blizz thrown him away, and how enormous plot armor had to be used to justify Silvermoon's existance and that belves are still there.

Who knows where WoW would go if Blizzard wouldn't screw up this big with first expansion.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

needs to be
    Because sex and romance has always played an extremely vital role in the Warcraft series!

Sylvanas ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)