Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    mythic+, world quests and the artifact system will be around next xpac most definitly
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Mythic+ is here to stay.

Artifacts won't carry over. They may reiterate on some form of post-max-level character progression, but I think it will be a toned down system (kinda like Class Halls are toned down garrisons).

World Quests will be back for sure, but I think they'll be de-emphasized (maybe no emissary quests; only rare/elite WQs coupled with more traditional story-driven dailies)

Legendaries won't carry over. They should just add new talent rows instead (Legendaries are essentially 2 extra talent rows that you need RNG to acquire and extra gear to swap).

Mob level scaling will be retained and even expanded to older content, but I think zones will have minimum levels so there's a sense of progression between zones (so you start with fewer choices, and more are added as you gain levels).

My suspicion is blizzard will regrade things:

LFR and Mythic will be outright removed, but Normal will be made more casual friendly while heroic will have the option of "Heroic +" for both dungeons AND raids in order to allow blizzard to create more raids/dungeons and not just more difficulties.

World Quests will continue to exist, but we will likley get a more frequent version of them (We see some elements of this in Broken Shore) where they are not just dead after a few runs.

Pathfinder wont make it into the next expansion as it is, its very probable due to the rage people have had towards it, flying will simply go back to MoP style *or* it will simply have *one* pathfinder option which will enable flying once unlocked.

Weekly story quests are a heavy-hit-miss thing with many loving and others hating them. Its likely blizzard will try to weave a compramise here somehow.

Rep grinding will need a massive overhaul, im hoping, fingers crossed, for account wide reputation.

There will be some kind of valor/honor mark farm like there was in WOTLK and MoP as Legions *heavy* reliance on RNG has made the game unplayable and simply unfun for a good two thirds of its playerbase.

Tabard rep grinding is likely to make a return to help tackle the lack of rep farmability and peoples extreme anger towards not being able to progress.

A new BG, is almost 100% definate, given that we are overdue a new world large pvp area.

Garrisons will die in the fire of bad ideas they existed in to begin with, theres talk of warcraft getting a mobile game, im betting its a form of garrison game that will replace the garrison system now.

Blizzard will likely bring Cata's Path of the Titans into the next expansion, and artifact power will become a thing for that, rather than artifact weapons. In essence, we become the artifact.

It is highly unlikley we will get another set of artifact weapons, as they were not well recieved by alot of people, people miss attainable weapons in raids/dungeons/pvp content.

Legendarys definatley wont carry over in their current form, but I can see another legendary ring style thing, maybe a Legendary Amulet this time.

Mob level content will likely be expanded to older content, I also suspect- they will revamp older zones finally, such as TBC zones which have been used alot in Legion.

For Order Halls I think we'll see Missions develop some kind of gameplay instead of just being a click and forget menu.

For Artifacts, I expect AK and artifact xp to be automated. Meanwhile, relics and traits simplified but more "important".

World Quests may focus on power rewards like gear, food, flasks, enchants, gems, etc. going forward.

New Invasions will hopefully be refined to be as enjoyable as the Pre-Legion Event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I hope the follower system fucks off and dies.

i like the artifact system, and hope it carries over. I know they said artifacts themselves will go away in 8.0 but they can still carry over the system and not tie it to an item and make it something like path of the titans was supposed to be.

we should have world quests but in towns from npcs. So pretty much dailies that always have respawns? idk but having a little bubble with an npc pop up with dialogue is not a good replacement for the old feel of questing. this is an rpg after all..

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Hope the pace of updates carries over to 8.0 aswell. That has been one of Legion's best things.
    You say that now, but the dreaded 14 month of nothing is fast approaching.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    You say that now, but the dreaded 14 month of nothing is fast approaching.
    What do you mean?

If we follow the routine we have now we'll have:

A release date for 7.3 in August
    A release date for TBT in November
    A expansion reveal either Gamescom/Blizzcon
    Beta early 2018 (Feb, Mar)
    Expansion 7 gets Fall release

And the raid will last for 5-6 months they said bringing it into late spring making it only 4-5 months of actual non-content.

Quote Originally Posted by DRenziboy View Post
    What do you mean?

And the raid will last for 5-6 months they said bringing it into late spring making it only 4-5 months of actual non-content.
    That's the dream, Blizzard has always had a year long gap after the release of the final raid tier.

What do you mean?

There's also a small chance of a 7.4 (or would it be 7.3.9?) minor patch to bridge lore between expansions.

I really hope Artifact goes away, There are only so many good weapon transmogs in the game, not adding new ones has killed that in Legion. i cant stand how my artifact looks for most of my classes and am stuck mogging to old weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

only 4-5 months of actual non-content.
    That is WAY too much time with no content, that will decimate the overall player base. For the people that dont raid seriously that would be nearly a 1 year drought

Follower/Garrison system will be axed completely

There will be some sort of artifact/legendary/max level character progression. We have essentially had this system since MoP with the expansion long legendary quest line, don't see it going away, maybe less intrusive than the artifact system though.

Hopefully a way to level alts faster out of the gate. Very few people like doing the story quests 12 times. The invasions have been a godsend for leveling, hope we get something like that at launch rather than 2 patches in.

M+, scaling leveling zones, Vantus runes, flying via pathfinder should all remain.

Ridiculously spread out profession quests and slow as molasses leveling of professions, stupid AP style grinds, and the color green need to go.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legion introduced many new systems, it's actually impressive how well most of them are received. My ideas to expand/improve existing systems:

1. Artifact. To be honest, I would love if we just get new spec weapons. I like knowing what spec has other player when I just look at him. I like that I don't have to care about my off spec weapons (but it is probably illusion, because now I have to look for 3x relic instead of 1/2x weapon).

But I think we will have regular weapons in 8.0 (Artifact could return later on, who knows). Of course AP system (post-max level progression) won't go away. Maybe it will be attached for some kind of class relic, maybe not. I would like to see this changes:

a) no more consumable stuff, AP is like currency
    b) progression is per class, not per spec
    c) AK system is no longer work order, it's global and change with every reset day (good news! they actually implemented my idea in 7.3)
    d) no paragon points, paragon levels cost always the same and give loot box/honor token/gold etc.

2. Legendaries. It's most hated system, but it certainly keep people playing. Thanks to that I know every corner of Broken Isles, every dungeon and raid. I don't think AP alone would encourage me to do this. But this system really screw min-maxers and people that love to often change specs/chars:

a) there are too many legos, in 8.0 there should be around 3 per class on launch (and around 7 after last patch)
    b) all legos should be unique for class (something like class ring, function change between specs), no more spec legos, no more utility ones
    c) we should be able to target our first legendary (only first) and we can change it with some questline (like one for upgrading 940->970)
    d) legendaries drop should be higher for alts, for example, if my main have 4 legos, my alts have higher drop for first 3 or 4.

3. Prestige/honor - make it account wide. Yeah, that's it.

4. Professions. Questlines are great. Not so great for alts. I think Blizz should introduce Profession Tab. It would be like that:

a) all recipes are account wide, if you find rare recipe drop, you learn it for whole account
    b) fishing/archeology/cooking/archeology - account wide
    c) no more recipe levels, all progress is through questlines anyway
    d) you can pick two active professions from tab, reroll cost 1k-2k gold (exactly like it is now in Legion, but now sadly you lose pre-7.0 recipes).

5. Mythic+, world quests. I think they are almost perfect. But I would love it to be expanded for Timewalking/events. For example for BC timewalking, emissary don't appear on 8.0 continent (wq stays there), but on random BC zone, new each days, of course new wq pop there. Similar with events, for example on Silithus or Ungoro event emissary goes there.

Same with Mythic+, for timewalking we should get another key for old dungeons, and another bonus chest after week is done.

6. Reputations, similar like now, but we should get extra questlines for Honored/Reved/Exalted that conclude story of zone attached to that rep.

7. RNG/Titanforge/difficulty.

a) Titanforge should cap on current heroic raid gear, mythic raid should have loot table with static stats and no warforge, but it drops only 1-2 pieces per boss.

b) Difficulty levels are great, but no one should have reason to play lesser difficulty if it's below his skill and gear. For Legendary chances, if you for example kill Mythic boss (and you haven't kill it on any difficulty this week), it would be like you kill it on LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic at the same time; if you kill it only on Heroic, you got 3 lego chances; if you kill it on LFR and later Heroic, 1 and then 2 chances, etc.

8. World scalling - 1-110 for whole world (or something like Durotar 1-110, Barrens 10-110, Draenor 90-110 etc.), 110-120 for new zones.

Deleted
    are ppl aware artifacts are your vanilla style talents? i think they are experimenting with talent trees again, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    are ppl aware artifacts are your vanilla style talents? i think they are experimenting with talent trees again, imo
    They are not. You dont really make choices, you just light every talent
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    + the unrelenting shower of epics.
    Well, that one is hardly something new from Legion.

An achivement to unlock flying in the middle of the expansion
    A patch involving an island
    Gating new raid for at least 8 weeks. 16 weeks for LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    First of all, M+ is absolutely gonna carry over. I mean they want to turn it into an esport.

Things that may carry over:

+ The whistle to warp you to the nearest flight master.
    + World Quest system.
    + Suramar-style questline (altho i hate it with a passion).
    + the unrelenting shower of epics.
    I feel like we need to just get rid of the color/grade system and just focus on ilevel exclusively. Then again, it's just used to let players know when they're at the end-game or have something good relative to their current level.