Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If it's a witch hunt and going to produce nothing, then let the investigation go through.
    Just like it happened with Clinton.

Pardoning these people and then trying to pardon yourself, basically admits guilt.
    Just like it happened with Clinton. And then in the end... nothing.

Those are quite costly exercises in obtaining nothing.

And if Republicans were worried about multi-year investigations and millions in tax payer money, they would have stopped the LITERAL witch hunt in the Benghazi Investigations. They did 8 investigations into that and found literally NOTHING.
    So you want Democrats to do the same?

How are they going to win 2018 if they are going to be undistinguishable from Republicans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's not really a witch hunt if the thing that prevents them from testifying their obvious innocence is fear of self-incrimination.
    How does that Flynn thing is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    In the meanwhile: Mueller-watch.
    Trump's lawyers are working on it. Trying to find something, anything to attempt to discredit Mueller or people on his team to get them fired.

Trump is scared shitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Rats jumping ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Given how Flynn wanted to testify only with an immunity, I'm not sure how he goes against what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how Flynn wanted to testify only with an immunity, I'm not sure how he goes against what I said.
    Is he under some investigation right now? What exactly is waiting him?

It looks like Congress just went with trying to get info from his companies rather then himself (as companies cannot plead 5th), but even that isn't certain to produce anything.

Just like it happened with Clinton.

Just like it happened with Clinton. And then in the end... nothing.

Those are quite costly exercises in obtaining nothing.

So you want Democrats to do the same?

How are they going to win 2018 if they are going to be undistinguishable from Republicans?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, nothing happened with Clinton. There were 8 investigations with Benghazi and nothing was found. And no, Bill Clinton didn't do anything like this, even before his impeachment and acquittal.

And no, the Democrats aren't doing the same as Republicans did with Benghazi. They didn't like that their own reports showed that Clinton wasn't guilty of anything, but with the Russian investigation, there is evidence that things have happened, that collusion happened. It isn't my fucking fault that your government got caught colluding with the Dumbass Jr. Emails, but you saying that this is the same as the fucking Benghazi investigation is fucking asinine.

But what do you expect from a Putin apologist?

10+ Year Old Account
    And then this happened
    Let's not read too much into that. Kasowitz has been Trump's lawyer for years, and defending against collusion, treason, and/or impeachment was something he was never really prepared for. Him stepping down for someone who is better trained, better equipped, more experienced with these matters actually makes sense...again, more so if Trump is actually guilty.

Basically, this fight needs a Disc healer, so they're asking the Healadin to sit out. This is progression, after all.

I'm sure Kasowitz can find other things to defend against. I hear good things about RICO.

Is he under some investigation right now? What exactly is waiting him?

It looks like Congress just went with trying to get info from his companies rather then himself (as companies cannot plead 5th), but even that isn't certain to produce anything.
    We know that Flynn has been the subject of investigation for quite a while now. That is why he resigned. Trump fucking admitted that he fired Comey for the Flynn and Russian investigations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let's not read too much into that. Kasowitz has been Trump's lawyer for years, and defending against collusion, treason, and/or impeachment was something he was never really prepared for. Him stepping down for someone who is better trained, better equipped, more experienced with these matters actually makes sense...again, more so if Trump is actually guilty.

Basically, this fight needs a Disc healer, so they're asking the Healadin to sit out. This is progression, after all.

I'm sure Kasowitz can find other things to defend against. I hear good things about RICO.
    Wasn't Kasowitz also subject of the Russian Investigation since he was part of a lawsuit with a Russian company?

Trump is such a clown. A successful clown

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Kasowitz also subject of the Russian Investigation since he was part of a lawsuit with a Russian company?
    You might be thinking of Michael Cohen. Or it could be both, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You might be thinking of Michael Cohen. Or it could be both, I guess.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/tr...an-corruption/
    Mark Kasowitz defended the bank that has Kremlin ties Sberbank. Sberbank was also the one that sponsored the 2014 Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow. If he isn't under investigation, he should be.

If he starts pardoning people who are under investigation for russiagate then that's hands down proof that Trump is guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBF he did threaten a guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    If he starts pardoning people who are under investigation for russiagate then that's hands down proof that Trump is guilty.
    Sadly, it's not proof. The argument could be carefully crafted that Mueller's investigation is distracting from the GOP agenda -- which is true -- and that removing him in some way will help -- which is true. It'd be like me giving the blonde with large breasts in the front row an A and never showing anyone her final exam. That's not proof she failed and slept with me, but it's unethical as fuck and I could get fired for that part alone.

It will, however, signal the end of his effective presidency, and could be taken as an act unpresidential enough to call for impeachment.

Sorry, nothing happened with Clinton. There were 8 investigations with Benghazi and nothing was found.
    That is exactly my point, thanks for agreeing.

- - - Updated - - -

We know that Flynn has been the subject of investigation for quite a while now. That is why he resigned.
    Or he resigned because he lied to Pence and then got Pence defending him based on those lies.

But then... didn't FBI have no questions to him in the end? As far as i see Congress is only pursuing him now because FBI doesn't.

Trump fucking admitted that he fired Comey for the Flynn and Russian investigations.
    As he had every right to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is exactly my point, thanks for agreeing.
    Your point is 8=0?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I've been thinking about this on and off this week.

After Trump, I can think of half a dozen constitutional ammendments we need to modernize our checks and balances.

Three in particular I think are relevant here.
    - It's insane to me that the Department of Justice, the FBI and the Attorney General are all political positions attached to the Executive branch, rather than non-political positions attached to Judicial Branch. The execution of the nation's law enforcement should not be political in nature.

-The power of the President to remove subordinates and cover-up wrongdoing is far too kingly and needs substantial reform. For example, if the President elects to fire the FBI director, it should only be valid upon a majority vote in the Senate confirming it. Something like that.

-The entire White House national security apparatus (namely the National Security Council) and the National Security Adviser, along with all these other powerful, unelected and not-voted-on-by-the-senate White House advisors ALL need to go away. When the NSC had a staff of 20 people, it made sense. WHen it has a staff of 400 people, and not subject to a confirmation of vote, it became too powerful.
    I mean we've been talking about executive power creep for decades but nobody ever listened because oh that sounds boring.

And now look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or he resigned because he lied to Pence and then got Pence defending him based on those lies.
    What was the lie?

But then... didn't FBI have no questions to him in the end? As far as i see Congress is only pursuing him now because FBI doesn't.
    Flynn is part of the Russian investigation. I'm not sure what else you want. We don't just toss people in jail, then beat them to death, because FBI thinks their guilty.

- - - Updated - - -

As he had every right to do.
    No, that's would be an obstruction of justice, which would lead to an investigation. Feel free to change would, to did...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What was the lie?
    I'm more interested in current situation. Whatever Flynn did, there still doesn't seem to be much going against him.

Best bet is him getting caught in some lobbying regulations violations with Turkey.

Flynn is part of the Russian investigation. I'm not sure what else you want. We don't just toss people in jail, then beat them to death, because FBI thinks their guilty.
    Hmm, checking again it looks like Flynn is part of Congressional investigations but not FBI ones (at least as far as public information goes).

Which "Russian investigation" by who exactly are you talking about here?

From "Fake News and "nothing-burgers" to seing if he can pardon himself and his family..