Question What was your reaction when you saw the KJ defeat cinematic?

Hello, fellow monsters, ol' Arena25 is back with another "How did you react to this" thread. Today's discussion point revolves around the Kil'jaedan defeat cinematic.

By now, you've either seen a leaked version of it, or otherwise witnessed it in-game. And so far, the reactions have been mixed. One YouTuber said he "can't do this, I'm quitting WoW". Some were like "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy...(bawling ensues)". And still others were utterly confused by the cinematic. In fact, it was so confusing, not even TradeChat could figure out the cinematic during her stream of the defeat cinematic.

So, what was your reaction to the KJ defeat cinematic?

I'll tell you my reaction, and then I'm going to shut up, cos I talk too much. My reaction was "Thanks for making my job 90 times more difficult, Illidan.", followed by slamming my headphones into the table in complete anger and stomping out of the room.

Now, what was your reaction. Ready, set, DISCUSS!

Arena25

"Well, that was definitely better than the garbage-tier SoO one"

In all seriousness, it was pretty awesome, esp when Illidan did his wooshywoosh to bring Argus a lot closer to us.

(spoiler just in case)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Idk why some of you are so emotional about it?

I liked the Illidan part, he said the same thing in WC 3 with the hand of fate, so there's the tribute.

Sometimes I watch reaction vids and it bugs the fuck out of me how people are "confused" by this. I guess some people auto-pilot through the game and don't really know what the hell is going on most of the time. Dunno why you'd even play the game at the point but....

As for me I would have liked to have seen KJ stay defiant til the end. "Hand of fate must be forced" got goosebumps from me. The Illidan opening cinematic of TFT was one of my all time favorites, so the call back really hit home for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen this and am not in a position to seek it out and watch it out the moment. Could someone please provide a brief summary in spoiler text?

Deleted
    I was very excited to see it posted online, but the cinematic itself was a bummer for me.

Other than the confirmation of our eventually traveling to Argus, it wasn't any interesting at all. It felt very short, at first I thought that it wasn't any longer than a minute, and it only had action and some fluff here and there; no lore except for an out-of-character Kil'Jaeden.

On Kil'Jaeden, you could understand him only by his voice. His words had nothing to do with KJ and how we know him and if the voice actor was different, everyone would wonder who was this new character being introduced.
    The leveling cinematics were definitely better.

Edit: I mean, as a Demon Hunter, it felt good to see the Sargerei Keystone in action and Illidan pose and do his things, but that's it. The cinematic should end KJ's story better imo.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-07-20 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I haven't seen this and am not in a position to seek it out and watch it out the moment. Could someone please provide a brief summary in spoiler text?
    You could always watch it on Youtube...

Kil'jaeden is dying, admits he was always jealous of Velen. The demon space ship they're on is crashing into Argus, but Illidan uses the Sargerite Keystone to tear a hole in reality to Azeroth. Velen rest his hand on Kil'jaeden's head, seemingly comforting him/forgiving him. Khadgar teleports them through the tear as Kil'jaeden inexplicibly explodes.

Back on Azeroth, the tear rips fully open, revealing Argus in the sky. Turns out this was Illidan's plan to attack Argus. Khadgar looks pissed.

I wish Blizzard stopped with the "oh you worked so hard to kill the boss for the phat lewtz now let's pretend for 0,5 min that we pity him", these last moment confessions are a bit out of place in case of thousands of years old demon who destroyed worlds and enslaved or extinguished whole races.

KJ was extremely underwhelming. Basically, Velen patted him on the head in pity as he died in regret. They ruined Kil'Jaeden.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

A lot of KJ's cinematic was overshadowed by the Argus reveal and had a lot of the spotlight stolen by Khadgar and Illidan when it felt like more time should have been devoted to just Velen and KJ. In the end it didn't feel so much like the final defeat of a long-time villain but instead just another dead eredar followed by the tag-along heroes telling us about the next patch.

Just another dead draenei. I've killed thousands of them space goats. Nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It was very underwhelming. Just like every Legion cinematic with the exception of Varian getting disenchanted, that one was epic.

It was pretty cool. I don't see a problem with it.
    I get that a lot of people have problems with change but they just have to deal with it.

I'm glad we might actually get to move on and fight something new. Been way too many demons in WoW.

You have to wonder the blizzard thought process. That was a horrible resolution to the kiljaeden story. They made him look weak and pathetic. I would be totally embarrassed to write a story like that. Yet they actually make a cinematic of it which takes time and effort! I think the writing team is totally lost.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You have to wonder the blizzard thought process. That was a horrible resolution to the kiljaeden story. They made him look weak and pathetic. I would be totally embarrassed to write a story like that. Yet they actually make a cinematic of it which takes time and effort! I think the writing team is totally lost.
    It didn't though. His fight was pretty cool and the cinematic showed that his character made certain choices because he, at the time, 25,000 years ago believed he was in the right (10,000 years ago?) and after millenia of war, he's having second thoughts. He gave his world, literally, to Sargeras as a vessel for his soul to reside in.

KJ one of the most notbale vilain in the Warcraft universe having only 2 or maybe 3 apperence in a LEGION them expansion before exploding.
    While we have to endure Khadgar bad jokes.

That's fucking brilliant, fucking brilliant major epicness, another trash ending.

Or yet, another expansion starting with a good storie and turning into shit in the middle with a crappy ending