Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What a shame. Suicide is never the answer.
    You Die anyway

Suicide IS the Answer

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    You Die anyway

Suicide IS the Answer
    Probably the stupidest thing ever read on MMO-C, and that's saying a lot.

At least Linkin Park is relevant again... for the first time in over a decade. So they have that going for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Probably the stupidest thing ever read on MMO-C, and that's saying a lot.
    Oooh poor little Boy cannot accept that Death is what awaits us all

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oooh poor little Boy cannot accept that Death is what awaits us all
    Trust me, i've faced death far more times than you have, i'm aware that when its my time, its my time. Condoning suicide however, makes you look like a complete fucking idiot. Its one thing to die, its another to kill yourself, and abandon your responsibilities and family.

Poor little boy, cant accept that the world doesn't revolve around your shitty life.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's hard for some people to seek help. So many people in society do not take mental illnesses like depression seriously and often just tell people to get over it. I have bipolar disorder and am often told to just get over it by people who don't care to understand what it means. It can also be really hard to find a therapist that is trustworthy.
    no debate there, i have several friends that deal with it, some get help some rely on myself and others. I have my own demons that i don't get help for. i'm just a bit biased over the out pouring of grief for someone that had the resources to get help vs those that don't.... esp. vets stuck in the VA queues.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    no debate there, i have several friends that deal with it, some get help some rely on myself and others. I have my own demons that i don't get help for. i'm just a bit biased over the out pouring of grief for someone that had the resources to get help vs those that don't.... esp. vets stuck in the VA queues.
    As a veteran I haven't had a problem with the VA ques. Perhaps it's just where I live. The problem I have is that they only do the bare minimum to help you. Though that's not limited to just their mental health department.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Hybrid Theroy was the first album I bought as a kid. Linkin Park has been present in my live since then.

Usually when famous people die it doesn't affect me much, but when I saw this I have to say I felt my heart stopping.

You will always be in my heart Chester.

I'm going to get a lot of flak for it, but why are we idolizing this guy?

I love their music, and it was a major part of my teenage years, but this was a multimillionaire who killed themselves. He has essentially unlimited resources to deal with his problems, and chose to kill himself rather than work through them.

We should be criticizing this type of behavior rather than boo-hooing over it. Take your tens of millions of dollars and figure out how to be a normal person rather than killing yourself and making it seem like life is so difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

I love their music, and it was a major part of my teenage years, but this was a multimillionaire who killed themselves. He has essentially unlimited resources to deal with his problems, and chose to kill himself rather than work through them.

We should be criticizing this type of behavior rather than boo-hooing over it. Take your tens of millions of dollars and figure out how to be a normal person rather than killing yourself and making it seem like life is so difficult.
    Its not idolizing, its about recognizing someone was in pain and sad and tragic that his life ended this way, he is a public figure so of course people will talk about this, even though millions of *normal* folks go through this and kill themselves every day.

People can also empathise with him, what he went through, as many of us are going through similar in our own lives, money cannot cure depression, you can have all the help in the world, and it still not fix what needs fixing.

We should be lookig at what happened to him early on in life that started down this road, the abuse he suffered, and why didnt anyone see that a child of 7 was being abused, perhaps if it had been dealt with back then, then he wouldnt have had so many demons.

Just take a few moments to think about someone elses life, that it may have been very different from yours, that mental health issues do not get fixed by throwing money at it.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family, and its tragic he felt suicide was the only option.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, the severely depressed often believe they are not worth wasting other peoples time/effort.

I guess maybe we should rethink the thought that money equals happiness. People who are extremely depressed don't think rationally.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I guess maybe we should rethink the thought that money equals happiness. People who are extremely depressed don't think rationally.
    I have no sympathy for someone worth $30M who doesn't get professional help and fix their life, they have absolutely no reason they can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Trust me, i've faced death far more times than you have, i'm aware that when its my time, its my time. Condoning suicide however, makes you look like a complete fucking idiot. Its one thing to die, its another to kill yourself, and abandon your responsibilities and family.

Poor little boy, cant accept that the world doesn't revolve around your shitty life.
    Oooh Poor little boy talks about People they dont know. Keep it up Internet Warrior

Your Life must be so shitty

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sad when I learned the news yesterday.

In another way, it's not extremely surprising considering the lyrics in his music... but still, it's a shitty way to go.

Mental Health stigma is still something that we need to tackle as a society and this is the proof that this issue is not limited to a given group of people.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Am I too late to be edgy? Shit. His vocals were as powerful as his end.

I have no sympathy for someone worth $30M who doesn't get professional help and fix their life, they have absolutely no reason they can't.
    How much money does a person have to have before you lose sympathy for them? Where's the cutoff?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oooh Poor little boy talks about People they dont know. Keep it up Internet Warrior

Your Life must be so shitty
    Yeah man, my life is so shitty, that's why i'm the one who thinks suicide is a good idea lmfao.

- - - Updated - - -

How much money does a person have to have before you lose sympathy for them? Where's the cutoff?
    On these forums, i think it starts around $50k a year?

15+ Year Old Account
    Favorite song of each album! Go!!

Hybrid Theory - A Place for My Head
    Meteora - From the Inside
    Minutes to Midnight - In Pieces
    A Thousand Suns - Blackout
    Living Things - Castle of Glass
    The Hunting Party - Rebellion
    One More Light, Im still feeling odd about this album
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because professional help doesn't always fix anything? Because we really know so little about mental health still that our idea of 'treatment' is often throwing a bunch of darts in the dark and hoping that one of them happens to hit on something that works? Because sometimes the damage is too great to be fixed at all?

Throwing money at a problem doesn't guarantee a solution to it.

Edit: If anything, we're talking about it /because/ he had money and success. The very fact that people like Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Kurt Cobain, or Robin Williams can fall victim to these types of issues puts into perspective just how far away we are from having good, solid, reliable treatments for it. It reminds people that there is a great need for improvement when it comes to mental health care. Bluntly, the world simply doesn't care if a homeless bum offs himself (hell, a lot of people on these forums would cheer at a poor people doing it). It takes rich and famous people dying for the populous to actually say "Okay, maybe there is a problem".
    Last edited by Lynarii; 2017-07-21 at 05:50 PM.