Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

BTW, fun fact, people here are saying that they started playing in Vanilla because they liked the music. Vanilla was the only time in WoW history when Blizz actually didn't use live orchestra to record the soundtrack. Everything was synthesised.
    PPl play the nostalgia card every time they can, is the new hisper thing on the internet for any game.

-------------

By they way is cool how much WoW is dying still around, hell just point other game as success as WoW. is been 12 years guys and the game still go strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Honestly, this is probably the saddest "Leaving Blizzard" post besides Metzen's for me. His music has been there for half my life, and my entire gaming lifetime. Certainly shaped my tastes more than basically anyone else in music. Will miss him.
    This.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well I am kinda a guy who consider music as a main thing to pull me in almost everything not only video games. Same goes with tv series, movies, anime, and almost everything.

I'm with you, music is an essential part of my gaming and other experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    I'm with you, music is an essential part of my gaming and other experiences.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    BTW, fun fact, people here are saying that they started playing in Vanilla because they liked the music. Vanilla was the only time in WoW history when Blizz actually didn't use live orchestra to record the soundtrack. Everything was synthesised.
    Also Russell Brower didn't even work on Vanilla soundtrack.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The music has always been a great part of the game thats always been consistent in quality. Sad to see him go after doing such a great job for a long time.

Pretty much this.

Music is one of the things that has been consistently amazing in WoW, in addition to their cinematics.

I'd say lets post all his his tweets on the front page......... not sure why but at this point I'd like to see anyone over freaking Ghostcrawler.

Deleted
    Music is a huge reason i love some of the games i do. Wow is not one of them. It utilizes music only in cutscenes to invoke some sort of emotion or as ambient background. When i played ff14 and raided briefly it made me realize that music can work very well in dungeons and raids to amplify the atmosphere, even when its more on the foreground, Oh well, looks like wow wont get any cool boss battle music.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Did people really like the Legion soundtrack? Cata? WoD?

The music has been the same thing over and over for some time now. Very generic.

come on... just listen Canticle of Sacrifice

I'd say lets post all his his tweets on the front page......... not sure why but at this point I'd like to see anyone over freaking Ghostcrawler.
    ^Sounds like a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    You sound like a mindless loser. Sorry for both of you and B.R.'s leave
    And you sound like a butthurt fanboy. I just don't see the point in making an article every time someone from blizzard quits,gets fired, moves in or whatever. How is this news? 90%of you didn't even know this guys name before today and now people are posting like it's a state funeral. Ya....I'm the mindless one.....

If you want to read from people who are uninformed about the game, you have plenty of them on this forum already to choose from. If you want to hear from people with deep insight into why things went the way they did, you read Ghostcrawler.

Even more interesting is that there is no official post on the subject on the forums yet. The source for this story is his facebook page.
    Holinka leaves, and we get a sticky for months (one which probably directly resulted in the removal of downvotes on the forums - lol).
    Russell Brower is made to leave, and and not a peep. It's very disrespectful.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say you will be missed because my sound has been muted since 2008.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I strongly suspect that Blizzard will come to regret this. Brower has been the shaping force driving much of the music coming out of Blizzard for a very long time now.

He'll be fine. It won't be long before you see his name popping up as music composer for major movies.

Blizzard? Hard to say. They have a very talented team but Brower was more or less the leader of that team. I think it's a mistake myself.
    Very well said. My thoughts exactly.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Put Jason Hayes back to work. Made a lot of the Vanilla scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    I'll miss him, but I am curious of this 'sound de-centralization' process he mentions. Sounds like an interesting thing; this is just speculation, but I assume this process makes it easier for new composers to join the team; a lot of new composers popped up in MoP, WoD, and Legion.
    It's a euphemism for outsourcing.

Shame the dude lost his job, but tbh I was finding his music to be a bit annoying in Legion. It's really loud and tries too hard to be epic, especially since the epic music happens in the wrong spots imo. Plus, the main theme for the Legion is just the same notes over and over again and is a bit nauseating. I kinda hope Blizz goes back to more ambient music like in Vanilla and BC.

Well, that sucks.