Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    PPl play the nostalgia card every time they can, is the new hisper thing on the internet for any game.

-------------

By they way is cool how much WoW is dying still around, hell just point other game as success as WoW. is been 12 years guys and the game still go strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Also Russell Brower didn't even work on Vanilla soundtrack.
    I decided to leave this fact out. It's just funnier to see these wannabe connoisseurs lie about shit

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    The ship has been "sinking" since the end of Cata. Let's not pretend otherwise.
    It's been "sinking" according to the Negative Nate-crowd since TBC was announced. Let's not pretend otherwise.

In every REAL sense of health however, the ship is sailing smooth.

this mest up man I blame holinka and celestalon

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I decided to leave this fact out. It's just funnier to see these wannabe connoisseurs lie about shit
    People are just desperate for venues to poke at this game/Blizzard on.
    How long was it after GC quit that people began saying "He's leaving this sinking ship and he was with it through the golden days when I enjoyed it!!!"...? I don't think it was more than a few posts.

People forget 2 things;

1) It's never a 1-man job making this behemoth of a game, from design of ground foliage to the music.
    2) When someone leaves, there will be hundreds waiting to fill the spot.

With the success of a “sound de-centralization” initiative, my current position of overall Sr. Audio Director/Composer is no longer relevant and is being eliminated.

So they're outsourcing music now?

But they had some of best music in the business so why fuck it up?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    You started playing in vanilla mainly because of the music? I find this to be quite a sensational exaggeration.
    So did I, the game was cool, but the music made me wan't to keep playing.

Deleted
    Since when is beeing let go the same as leaving? ^^

So basically they wont have an on campus sound team anymore, but they will contract the same people they used to have on site?

Not much will change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    With the success of a “sound de-centralization” initiative, my current position of overall Sr. Audio Director/Composer is no longer relevant and is being eliminated.

He says in his own message that he is very likely to be one of the people they outsource it to. They just don't want to have a full time music team when it isn't a full time job outside of development cycles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Since when is beeing let go the same as leaving? ^^
    If I ask you to leave some place you still have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

Savings of course. Cheap gigpaid freelancers come, well, cheaper tha regulars on a constant payroll.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Except he did. AQ40. Caverns of Time. Naxx.
    Unless every source I've ever seen on the subject is wrong, of course.

Nevertheless, it's sad to see him go. Matt Uelmen was always my favourite Blizzard composer, but Brower also put out some stellar stuff. I'll always have a soft spot for Karazahn's music in particular.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean he was made to leave? Big difference in my opinion. Elimination and leaving.

He made some damn good music. What a shame!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If you want to hear from people with deep insight into why things went the way they did, you read Ghostcrawler.
    This is the best joke I heard all day. Thanks man.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Now THAT is a loss. Most other jobs can easily be replaced, but music is another thing. It sounds like blizzard will be buying their audio from another source.

Yeah, hence Blizzard hiding their quarterly numbers now.
    They're not hiding their quarterly profit numbers in any shape or form. If you, and I sure hope so, meant to say sub numbers, those are not the only way to gauge the health of games I hope you know. It's telling though that people just assume out of wishful thinking that them remaining true to their decision must equal that the game is still bleeding subs. Meanwhile, profits manage to go up somehow...

Wonder if you people be as eager to sing this same old tired song 10 years from now when we've had 5 more expansions and the game still keeps ticking.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-21 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They're not hiding their quarterly profit numbers in any shape or form. If you, and I sure hope so, meant to say sub numbers, those are not the only way to gauge the health of games I hope you know. It's telling though that people just assume out of wishful thinking that them remaining true to their decision must equal that the game is still bleeding subs. Meanwhile, profits manage to go up somehow...

Wonder if you people be as eager to sing this same old tired song 10 years from now when we've had 5 more expansions and the game still keeps ticking.
    Subs are going down, but they are milking money elsewhere.

They're hiding the sub numbers because they are way, way down from the peak times and look bad at earnigs calls and thus focus on other things. Kinda shame since as a player, healthy population number is much more important information than how much money they investors will be getting this quarter.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-07-21 at 07:22 PM.

Then why hide them when for years you proudly boasted them? Oh maybe because they were dropping with every expansion....yeah that kinda makes sense now doesn't it. It's not a healthy game anymore, look at top end guilds just saying "buh bye" in recent years. But keep on pretending that WoW is going to go on for 10+ more years.
    Top end guilds =/= the overall health of the population.

I'll be playing this game 10 years from now. If I can be assed to remember it, I'll be sure to swing by and laugh at people thinking it would ever last for a shorter time than far less successful games. The game isn't financially successful through a dying playerbase and interest, that's just a fact.

Deleted
    It's been "sinking" according to the Negative Nate-crowd since TBC was announced. Let's not pretend otherwise.

In every REAL sense of health however, the ship is sailing smooth.
    Sure. Who cares since WotLK they where all right, when the long term trend of hard facts was very clearly drawing a line that screams 'sinking'. Quite contrary to your 'real' emotions or denial.

They're not hiding their quarterly profit numbers in any shape or form. If you, and I sure hope so, meant to say sub numbers, those are not the only way to gauge the health of games I hope you know.

Wonder if you'll be as eager to sing this same old tired song 10 years from now when we've had 5 more expansions and the game still keeps ticking.
    You don't need to pretend they are not hiding them. Most of us arent that naive and dumb as the same fanboys, that screeched before how Blizzard revealing their subs made them credible and its the only valid proof of a MMOs health, now try to pass everyone off, with this blind defense of Blizzard making a cut on the bad news. They never replaced them with any 'more' accurate/fitting figures as they claimed for damage controll. They just kept it dragging until the 'sinking' was undeniable and the fans excuses on the net turned more and more to excuses rather than denial only a few dead beat fanboys still seem to carry on with.

I hope you don't really think your emotions or denial are worth a damn compared to the hard numbers they keep for themself now and we all know why.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2017-07-21 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Subs are going down, but they are milking money elsewhere.

They're hiding the sub numbers because they are way, way down from the peak times and look bad at earnigs calls and thus focus on other things. Kinda shame since as a player, healthy population number is much more important information than how much money they investors will be getting this quarter.
    And from playing the game rather than spending my time doomsaying about it on a forum, I can say that Legion is far more active than WoD was during those final months. Even at its worst, this game held 5 million players. And yet we have clowns sitting around saying "Hurr it'll be dead in 5 years tops!".

Yeah, just as how "it'll be dead after WOTLK" was the go-to argument for the doomspeakers way back when. You people are more repetitive than Jehova's Witnesses constantly moving their goalposts for the rapture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Sure. Who cares since WotLK they where all right, when the long term trend of hard facts was very clearly drawing a line that screams 'sinking'. Quite contrary to your 'real' emotions or denial.

You don't need to pretend they are not hding them. Most of us arent that naive and dumb as the same fanboys, that screeche dbefore howBlizzard revealing their subs made them credible and its the only valid proof of a MMOs health, now try hard to pass us off, in defense of Blizzard making a cut on the bad news. They never replaced them with any 'more accuarte/fitting' figures as they claimed for damage controll. They just keept it dragging until the 'sinking' was undeniable and excuses on the net turned more and more to excuses rather than denial.

I hope you don't really think your emotions or denial are worth a damn compared to the hard numbers they keep for themself now and we all know why.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, on account of the frightful spelling and vapid points.

But the profits numbers are public, and WoW is a financial powerhouse. Get over it.

The only emotional arguments being made, comes from people such as yourself trying desperately to cling to this idea that WoW will be dead within a set amount of years. It goes against logic AND the cold, hard figures.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-21 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, on account of the frightful spelling and vapid points.

But the profits numbers are public, and WoW is a financial powerhouse. Get over it.
    Cool unsubstantiated claims or should I say vapid points. Im sure thats why avoided to quote WoWs profits and earnings to proof back your opinions with some facts.

Still not over the fact they are hiding both WoWs revenues and subnumbers? Take your own advice.

The only emotional arguments being made, comes from people such as yourself trying desperately to cling to this idea that WoW will be dead within a set amount of years. It goes against logic AND the cold, hard figures.
    Are you talking about the hard figures that spelled 'sinking' no matter how you turned them before Blizzard stopped reportint any exclusively WoW related figures and started hiding them in a large pool of other revenues or some numbers you made up in your head?
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2017-07-21 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Cool unsubstantiated claims or should I say vapid points. Im sure thats why avoided to quote WoWs profits and earnings to proof your denial until now.

Still not over the fact they are hiding both WoWs revenues and subnumbers? Take your own advice.
    Hahaha!! They're not hiding the revenue, that'd be quite illegal and it's just desperate of you to try and pretend that they are.
    I've linked to the financial reports many times before on this forum, and you can find them through just googling.
    As I said, your points are vapid.

At the rate that doomspeakers feel the need to bitch and whine about this, I might just make the financial reports part of my sig...

Link to a thread where I proved another person in denial hilariously wrong. You're welcome.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post46516353
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-21 at 07:38 PM.