Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Hopefully she's not in a state that can fire you for whatever. If so her name is at the top of the list.
    It still has to be lawful if you state the reason. If the employer kept it to themself, it would be completely different.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    If it's a private company, just fire her ass. Who does she think she is to make demands on her employer? Fcuking victim mentality everywhere.
    Who are you to say that people are their employers slaves?

Or are you just salty because, our boss forces you to suck his dick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, I really appreciate being allowed to show up in a tank top, shorts, and flipflops if I so chose. Ahh, working for a progressive company is blissful.

Deleted
    Religious views and icons should be kept out of the workplace. Save it for the Church/Mosque or at home. She's in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It still has to be lawful if you state the reason. If the employer kept it to themself, it would be completely different.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people aren't getting this. Even in at-will states, employees can make a case that they were fired inappropriately if they have evidence of discrimination. In order for employers to take advantage of at-will employment, the employer basically needs to fastidiously avoid the appearance of discrimination and then terminate the employee with a big bag of nothing letter that basically says, "in accordance with at-will employment, we are terminating your employment effective blah blah blah". If you say, "we're firing you because of your stupid hat", whether that's legal or not will come into play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Religious views and icons should be kept out of the workplace. Save it for the Church/Mosque or at home. She's in the wrong.
    As mentioned earlier, the law disagrees with your opinion. This has been to court in the past and was ruled in the applicants favor. Im sure this case will be treated the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks like a man dressed up as a woman whether in cosplay or not. Its probably a transvestite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people aren't getting this. Even in at-will states, employees can make a case that they were fired inappropriately if they have evidence of discrimination. In order for employers to take advantage of at-will employment, the employer basically needs to fastidiously avoid the appearance of discrimination and then terminate the employee with a big bag of nothing letter that basically says, "in accordance with at-will employment, we are terminating your employment effective blah blah blah". If you say, "we're firing you because of your stupid hat", whether that's legal or not will come into play.
    Exactly, it is best to say nothing at all in these situations.

Ive applied at places before and have not been given a reason. I sucked it up and moved on. People isually don't question it. Ive also been let go for no given reason, which I sucked it up and moved on. Most won't bother chasing a reason if one isn't given.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    She looks like a man dressed up as a woman whether in cosplay or not. Its probably a transvestite
    You seem to have odd taste in women. She is quite attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get fired and grift a settlement for being an asshole would be my guess, based on this line:
    The EEOC will just laugh her off. They deal with true discrimination (race, creed, age, sex, national origin, weight) They dont deal with people who dont like the dress code. She would only have a case if she was told she couldnt wear the scarf but everyone was allowed to wear one

- - - Updated - - -

Guidelines cannot controdict the law or constitution though. The employer here is likely going to lose this case.
    Except there is no law regarding scarves. She isnt wearing it for religious purposes. She is wearing it because she is too lazy to do her damn hair

Exactly, it is best to say nothing at all in these situations.

Ive applied at places before and have not been given a reason. I sucked it up and moved on. People isually don't question it. Ive also been let go for no given reason, which I sucked it up and moved on. Most won't bother chasing a reason if one isn't given.
    The other thing that's built into that is that if you're fired without cause, there really isn't any way (or reason) for the employer to contest unemployment. Sure, it's irritating to be fired and told, "because we decided to go another direction", but on the bright side, you can very safely assume that they're not going to show up in court to try to keep you from getting unemployment.

The lack of feedback does suck though. I've had positions I applied for where I really wish they could have told me I did something wrong or have just said, "well, you know, you did great, but Pat's just really awesome and you're not as good - better luck next time".

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the scarf looked nice .

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Not by any standard of beauty thats ever been presented to me in a modern society. You cant blame people for not thinking shes pretty when she dosnt meet any of the conventions of beautiful that society pushes. TLDR, shes ugly, but thats probably just because she isnt "TV pretty" to the masses.
    Not every women looks like a 12-year Japanese school girl. Take it from someone who actually lives in a modern society: she's hot. Sign me up. Her butt fits inside her pants, and those legs go alllll the way to the floor. (Bellbottoms!) I'd be useless if I had to sit across from her in that Zoe outfit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Not every women looks like a 12-year Japanese school girl. Take it from someone who actually lives in a modern society: she's hot. Sign me up. Her butt fits inside her pants, and those legs go alllll the way to the floor. (Bellbottoms!) I'd be useless if I had to sit across from her in that Zoe outfit.
    Good, im not alone. I too think she is quite pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    She's... well, she's OK. Basically all reasonably fit women that don't look old at least somewhat attractive. In a society filled with the grotesquely obese, her being in reasonable physical shape does probably put her above average, but this is mostly a commentary on how ugly the average American is at this point.

Her face is pretty unremarkable though. She's just a normal person physically.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Then it's good that you are not in charge of the constitution. Banning headscarf based on bigotry or islamphobia is unacceptable and does nothing but generate more hate.
    As opposed to a government-mandated acceptance, which will definitely foster acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    If it's a private company, just fire her ass. Who does she think she is to make demands on her employer? Fcuking victim mentality everywhere.
    I think the demand of 'stick to the fucking contract' is pretty reasonable, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

As opposed to a government-mandated acceptance, which will definitely foster acceptance.
    You beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Who's in the wrong here? I understand you'r boss telling you he doesnt like your head scarf isnt nice. But being a child about it and deliberately coming to work dressed like that and hurting the business is something to be fired over. Thoughts?
    That might actually HELP the business, I'd come by just to see what she was wearing today...
    Anyway, she is fighting back clear discrimination by being clever. I applaud that!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Doesn't matter that they're not require to, the overwhelming majority of jobs do indeed have rules when it comes to firing people which means "at will" gets trumped by the company's rules and you can indeed sue, or arbitrate.. unless you opted out of arbitration.
    well, from an earlier post it looks like she sued and won, and is no longer working there. case of both sides getting what they want, imo.
    Last edited by spanishninja; 2017-07-21 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    12 yo Japanese...wtf. Your a sick phyco. I'm talking about American society. Hollywoods beauty ideals you freak show.
    You're going to need to give more examples of "American" beauty ideals if she counts as ugly to you. Boobs down to her knees? Shaved head? A beard? Are we talking Halle Berry levels of ugly here?