Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wasn't yesterday Chris Cornell's birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Because professional help doesn't always fix anything? Because we really know so little about mental health still that our idea of 'treatment' is often throwing a bunch of darts in the dark and hoping that one of them happens to hit on something that works? Because sometimes the damage is too great to be fixed at all?

Throwing money at a problem doesn't guarantee a solution to it.
    Even the medication designed to help with mental health issues don't always work. It often takes months to get on the right combination of medications to treat many illnesses. It took me probably 4 years to finally get at a dose of my meds that worked.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooo. Linkin Park was one of my favourite bands during my teen years RIP. Can't imagine it being the same with a different lead singer. But I said the same about Nightwish, yet it was still good.

It's so odd though when super popular celebrities commit suicide. You'd think fame and money could buy you whatever it is you need to become happy. Unless it was just that, drugs. Lots of them. Especially if you have 6 children too O_O Or however many it was.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Even the medication designed to help with mental health issues don't always work. It often takes months to get on the right combination of medications to treat many illnesses. It took me probably 4 years to finally get at a dose of my meds that worked.
    I've been trying for 20 years and am still looking. Another person I know just recently found one that is working after a 14 year search. Other people get one that helps on their first try. Nothing is guaranteed.

I've been trying for 20 years and am still looking. Another person I know just recently found one that is working after a 14 year search. Other people get one that helps on their first try. Nothing is guaranteed.
    SAme here. It took so much trial and error to figure out that a really high dose of seroquel plus gabapentin works for me. At least for the most part. Unfortunately even finding the right combo of meds there is no 100% guarantee on how long it will work.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    For those that don't know, Chester was in a very good place at the beginning of this year, even saying so him self in many interviews. But when Chris Cornell killed himself, mike claims he was changed.

The date Chester killed himself, was Chris Cornell's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How much money does a person have to have before you lose sympathy for them? Where's the cutoff?
    Pretty much anyone who can afford to do whatever they want in life without worrying about how to pay for it.

At that point, take your millions of dollars and deal with your mental health problems. I can sympathize with someone who can't afford treatment, or doesn't have time because they have demands, but someone worth $30M could do nothing else but work on their well being for every waking moment and their lifestyle wouldn't change.

- - - Updated - - -

Because professional help doesn't always fix anything? Because we really know so little about mental health still that our idea of 'treatment' is often throwing a bunch of darts in the dark and hoping that one of them happens to hit on something that works? Because sometimes the damage is too great to be fixed at all?

Throwing money at a problem doesn't guarantee a solution to it.
    This is a bullshit excuse. We're talking about someone with the resources to do basically anything they wanted. People around you are bothering you? You can just get on a private jet, abandon everything and make a new life in another country. Fans don't like your album? Oh no, you have to enjoy spending $30M for the rest of your days doing whatever the fuck you want and not having to care two shits about what anyone else in the world says or does.

Your friend died? That sucks, you can donate tens of millions of dollars to suicide prevention, never work another day in your life, and volunteer the shit out of every suicide charity that has ever existed.

People with this kind of wealth have the power to do whatever the fuck they want, suicide by someone like this is selfish and disgusting, and they should be chastised for it, not fondly remembered as a troubled soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    For those that don't know, Chester was in a very good place at the beginning of this year, even saying so him self in many interviews. But when Chris Cornell killed himself, mike claims he was changed.

The date Chester killed himself, was Chris Cornell's birthday.
    I have seen interviews even since then, let me find them, which have him in good spirits and a positive attitude. Though the fact that they are even talking about the topic does sort of betray the fact that depression was a going concern. He was probably just alone at the wrong time.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Depression is awful, and i truly do not understand what it feels like to be in state where you decide taking your own life is the best option. However, when you decide to take your life, especially when you have a wife and SIX children, its not just your decision. His suffering will now pass on to his children, who have to grow up without a father, and a wife, who never gets to see her husband again. If you're I need of help, please seek it, suicide is NEVER the answer, and is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Also, for the people trying to justify his action, just stop. When i was in the military, i had to bury 3 friends in their early 20's from suicide, it makes nothing better.
    Non in this thread is trying to justify he's action at all. But some times the person just can't see any other way out of he's pain and in that moment, the person thinks it's the best thing to do for all who is invault.

I had a really good friend who took he's own life. He's was getting help and some days was better then others, but in the end he just could not handle it any more. The pain in he's head was just too much for him. I was so angry at him for a really long time, but then i began to read about Depression and i now understand why he did it and i don't blame him for any thing any more. We did alkl we couild for him, but in the end, it was just not enough because of the pain he was in
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Yeah man, my life is so shitty, that's why i'm the one who thinks suicide is a good idea lmfao.

- - - Updated - - -

On these forums, i think it starts around $50k a year?
    Yes Suicide is a fucking awesome idea if you dont wanna continue this Shit Life

I guess it wouldn't be the MMO-C forums without people coming in with their opinions about how the world around them should work, eh? At least we can all hope that his family and friends are able to move forward from this moment in their lives with perspective. As well, we can all continue to hope and wish that mental illness receives the attention it deserves, and that these kinds of tragic stories soon become only written about in history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Pretty much anyone who can afford to do whatever they want in life without worrying about how to pay for it.

At that point, take your millions of dollars and deal with your mental health problems. I can sympathize with someone who can't afford treatment, or doesn't have time because they have demands, but someone worth $30M could do nothing else but work on their well being for every waking moment and their lifestyle wouldn't change.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bullshit excuse. We're talking about someone with the resources to do basically anything they wanted. People around you are bothering you? You can just get on a private jet, abandon everything and make a new life in another country. Fans don't like your album? Oh no, you have to enjoy spending $30M for the rest of your days doing whatever the fuck you want and not having to care two shits about what anyone else in the world says or does.

Your friend died? That sucks, you can donate tens of millions of dollars to suicide prevention, never work another day in your life, and volunteer the shit out of every suicide charity that has ever existed.

People with this kind of wealth have the power to do whatever the fuck they want, suicide by someone like this is selfish and disgusting, and they should be chastised for it, not fondly remembered as a troubled soul.
    I implore you to actually do research on depression and mental illness as your statements are incredibly ignorant and just false. You're completely ignoring the science behind it.

It's a chemical imbalance and isn't voluntary. Do you know why there are so many different medications out there for depression? Because they haven't found an all around fix. For some people it requires many years of trial and error to find something that works. It's brain stuff, unfortunately science has a long way to go when it comes to understanding the brain and that includes mental illness. Same thing with therapy, why do you think there are so many types of therapies out there? Because we don't know enough about the brain to determine what's best for certain individuals.

Money has nothing to do with it, absolutely nothing. If bad enough, some doctors will classify it as a chronic illness, because again, brain chemistry. You wouldn't tell a diabetic millionaire that they have the money to just fix their disease, because unless there's a cure, it's not going away. Chronic Depression works the same way.

It is classified as an illness, a disease, etc. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean Chester's actions are "selfish."
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I implore you to actually do research on depression and mental illness as your statements are incredibly ignorant and just false. You're completely ignoring the science behind it.
    When did I say anything about depression?

Chester's actions were selfish, cowardly, and he sets a terrible example by killing himself rather than accessing his essentially unlimited resources to work through his issues.

He could have done literally anything he wanted to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Chester's actions were selfish, cowardly, and he sets a terrible example by killing himself rather than accessing his essentially unlimited resources to work through his issues.

30m ain't a lot of money friend.
    I'm sorry but they really ain't especially when you have 6 kids and a wife.

Because he was diagnosed with depression? It's an illness, it's something that can be diagnosed, it's something that WAS diagnosed. Did you not read any of my posts? All the money in the world won't net you treatment that works. Time will, but mental illness doesn't like to wait until someone finds the right treatment.

Try asking a doctor how much it costs to cure depression. He won't give you an answer because no amount of money can. Brain chemistry, that's what it's all about. Money isn't a chemical in the brain.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

When you are in the state of mind to end your own life, you're NOT thinking logically. No how much money a person has, they can have something going that they can not see past and may believe it's pointless to try to fight it.

You're coming across as anti rich. That just because they have money they should know to seek help and fix their problems with all the money they have. Which again, logic in their mind doesn't work like others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never was a fan of them or Nu Metal in general. But it was tragically poetic to learn he was friendly with Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots. Weiland had lost his battle with substance abuse, a different form of suicide.

Deleted
    He got so successful and famous and lived a good life. But in the end it didn't even matter and he killed himself. I don't understand how that's possible. He had a big family too, with six kids. Seems really selfish and weird to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumors are that the investigators are suspecting foul play, shit's getting interesting.