Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there's one thing I've learned it's that popular features will be one-and-done while Garrisons live on.

Cynicism aside.

I have to imagine we'll see world quests even while leveling in 8.0. Blizz tinkered with the idea with the Legion invasions and I think it does a TON to vary up the leveling experience.

Class Halls/Garrisons will just get copypasta'd over some new skin. Probably boats or a shipyard 2.0 since it's gonna be Kul'tiras/Azshara/N'Zoth/South Sea next.

Artifacts is the system I'm curious about. Blizz has all but confirmed our artifacts will be put in the bank after we hit 111, but the idea of an alternate advancement system, even at max level, is an idea I've advocated for a LOOOONG time. Maybe we get a new talent-esque, artifact-esque system that kicks in at 120?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    So what do you think about how the Class Order Halls will change in 8.0?
    Class Orders might continue in some way. It makes sense for us to have a central hub for individual classes. I mean, they sort of have to be brought forward in the case that new classes are added in the future, right? I'm not sure.

What will the new artifact system look like?
    I made a post here with some details about an expanded leveling system that's available both before and after max level.

What will World Quests look like in 8.0?
    I believe World Quests will be expanded on in the future. We've seen some minor bleeds of the technology in the old world with the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. Granted, sharding broke the event so it had to be updated. They will continue to cycle on the Broken Isles even after the next expansion drops. The new areas will have them, and possibly more of the old world. We shall see.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

I hope they scrap everything from Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    First of all, M+ is absolutely gonna carry over. I mean they want to turn it into an esport.

Things that may carry over:

+ The whistle to warp you to the nearest flight master.
    + World Quest system.
    + Suramar-style questline (altho i hate it with a passion).
    + the unrelenting shower of epics.
    Agreed. I see these definitely carrying over, especially the Mythic +.

I think the level where ever you want scaling system style will continue, and they might even end up going back through all the old content as well to make it similar, which would also help with the discontinuity of Cata level Azeroth -> Back in time to Outland -> Back in time to WotLK -> Back to the future of Cata and so on. If you can just stick to Azeroth at that point, you can ignore the time travel discontinuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hopefully the WF/TF system sticks around, but I could see them scrapping it
    Hell no set that shit on fire. I hate AP but I'd be willing to accept it again if gear goes back to having only one version or two versions (just warforge no 4000 levels of titanforge).
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I like it as well, but I hate they are pretty much abandoning Order Halls mid expansion when I felt it was better used than Garrisons. I would have liked some customization in the Order Hall ... or something. Maybe a phased second for just your character ... like the Farm.
    Same. Order halls are way better than garrisons. Other than some extra missions in 7.2 they've been virtually abandoned. I guess theres not much to them, but class specific stuff and a base for you and other people of your class is cool.

Deleted
    World scalling - 1-110 for whole world (or something like Durotar 1-110, Barrens 10-110, Draenor 90-110 etc.), 110-120 for new zones. Now thats something i dont wanna see, if make zones only scale between 5 or 10 lvls like legion zones fine enough but evry zone scaling to max lvl absolutly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    World scalling - 1-110 for whole world (or something like Durotar 1-110, Barrens 10-110, Draenor 90-110 etc.), 110-120 for new zones. Now thats something i dont wanna see, if make zones only scale between 5 or 10 lvls like legion zones fine enough but evry zone scaling to max lvl absolutly not.
    I also think this will happen. I think it's a pretty good change, thought. Makes your leveling path much more enjoyable as you can't outlevel zones, and you can also skip the shitty ones. I think they'll also make older expansions into alternative paths, like both TBC and WotLK content being 60+, so you can choose one of them and focus on it.

Since old content will max out at 110 and new content will be 110-120, by max level you'll still be one-shotting most mobs in old zones.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should be done in "clusters" , like 1-60 for vanilla zones (depending on revamp 8.0 if they go back to old zones or new ones), 60-90 for TBC/Wotlk/Cata/Pandaria.

Draenor could be more dynamic as doing tanaan intro/frostfire ridge 10+ times is boring even with the treasure XP.

For me scaling is about choosing your own leveling path, right now it feels really forced, TBC you can sort of bypass Hellfire by overleveling vanilla to 61, not ideal. Netherstorm you usualy never even reach before skipping zones.

Same for wotlk/Cata/MOP , you usually do 1-2 start zones, no choice to doing the later zone like storm peaks, twilight highlands, dread wastes without either skipping or overleveling.

WoD still has 1 entry point too.

Leveling 109 to 110 in the current barrens or elwynn would make no sense tho.

I honestly hope everything is scrapped and they just start over. It won't happen, obviously and most stuff from Legion will carry over - especially a progression system like artifacts and stuff like WQs.
    • Loot is currently generic, boring, and random now - oh boy, I got the same exact generic piece of loot I already have, but 5 ilvls higher, how exciting.
    • There is no prestige to raiding and/or loot anymore. Hate to beat a dead horse, but raids shouldn't be for everyone (I have never been a raider, btw).
    • Raids, however, should not be the end-all-be-all of endgame gameplay like it has been. More resources should be spent on challenging, compelling, and rewarding non-raid content - stuff non-raiders can actually work and strive towards.
    • More of the main story should be told through non-raid content instead of just relying on LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Should be done in "clusters" , like 1-60 for vanilla zones (depending on revamp 8.0 if they go back to old zones or new ones), 60-90 for TBC/Wotlk/Cata/Pandaria.

Draenor could be more dynamic as doing tanaan intro/frostfire ridge 10+ times is boring even with the treasure XP.

For me scaling is about choosing your own leveling path, right now it feels really forced, TBC you can sort of bypass Hellfire by overleveling vanilla to 61, not ideal. Netherstorm you usualy never even reach before skipping zones.

Same for wotlk/Cata/MOP , you usually do 1-2 start zones, no choice to doing the later zone like storm peaks, twilight highlands, dread wastes without either skipping or overleveling.

WoD still has 1 entry point too.

Leveling 109 to 110 in the current barrens or elwynn would make no sense tho.
    if they do it in clusters id be fine with it, but to scale to even starting zones to 110 or whatever is cap next expansion just no.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    if they do it in clusters id be fine with it, but to scale to even starting zones to 110 or whatever is cap next expansion just no.
    I agree, killing level 109 scorpids outside of Razor hill is just no for me too.

And before people bring in "leave starter zones 1-10", even if mobs are 110 anywhere kalimdor/eastern kingdoms it would still feel weird somehow as it's the recent expansion maximum.

Seeing level 60-90 scorpids in durotar (or lions in barrens or whatever) wouldn't feel too wrong if level cap is 120 however, but 100-110 would mean skipping the broken isles as previous expansion.. Even if they removed all the artifact stuff.

Some Silithus cultist mobs actually scales to 110 now (loot and quests don't but the tech is certainly there outside of broken shore (AQ even had event world quests, and STV fishing has a WQ).

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We should keep level scaling, apply it in brackets to the entire world. Add WQ to all continents.

Keep class halls.

Keep legendary system (haters be damned).

Rework artifact talents as Path of the Titans and reintroduce weapon drops again.

Keep M+ system, expand on TW raids.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.