Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    A mix of Voidwalker forms coupled with Old God type flailing tentacles, eyes, and numerous maws. In 7.3 there are Voidwaker models in Mac'Aree on Argus who have shadowy tentacles whipping around on their bodies, referred to as "Void Aberrations."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A mix of Voidwalker forms coupled with Old God type flailing tentacles, eyes, and numerous maws. In 7.3 there are Voidwaker models in Mac'Aree on Argus who have shadowy tentacles whipping around on their bodies, referred to as "Void Aberrations."
    My only issue with voidwalkers is that... well, they aren't "scary." None of the "void things" we've seen are. Maybe it's because they've all "looked" like banal enemies. Void walkers look like other elementals, and void lords just look like void walkers wearing hoods. Hell, even the "dark naruu" just look like wraiths.

Hopefully blizzard steps up their void god game in the design area.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    My only issue with voidwalkers is that... well, they aren't "scary." None of the "void things" we've seen are. Maybe it's because they've all "looked" like banal enemies. Void walkers look like other elementals, and void lords just look like void walkers wearing hoods. Hell, even the "dark naruu" just look like wraiths.

Hopefully blizzard steps up their void god game in the design area.
    I would hope so as well - although from what I've seen it looks like the terror of the Void might be more psychological than the type of visceral body-horror tropes that the Old Gods seem to be going for. Where the Void is concerned there is lots of talk about voices, madness, and having one's selfdom stripped away. That being said I'm sure the two things could be mixed and match for appropriate scares.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Pretty much. but yeah they're just planetsized blueberrys, but kind like Amon, or dark archons from StarCraft.

Still kinda irked they flubbed the chance to give them a proper name with Chronicles.

I guess maybe if I was hopeful something like Giygas.

Deleted

Voidwalkers with tentacles?

I like to imagine the most powerful ones are giant, Galaxy sized clouds latching onto the WC universe.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Knowing Blizzard, they'll mostly look exactly like in-game models we already have and a few will have new, higher detailed ones that will be reused and recolored and next expansion after that they'll be all over the place as leveling mobs.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I hope they go all out and make them crazy, scary and unique!!

Deleted
    Azathoth with more black and purple.

I'm intrigued as to how Blizz is going to strike the balance between the void creatures we know ( Entropius, WL Pets ) and Old Gods.
    Because right now I think Old Golds look way more intimidating than purple Elementals.

Then again, I'm a sucker for Lovecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    I imagine them being like this...

Wow! That's awesome!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    that's n'zoth.

All I could find on Zoid Lords

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

But weaker.
    That's a Mug Lord, it would kill every naaru and void lord in mere picoseconds if its true power was ever unleashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always pictured a black/purple orb of thick goop covered in maws, eyes and tentacles that can change shape at will.

Think the 'Little Man in the Flask' from Fullmetal Alchemist, but bigger, goopier and less humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No, this is N'zoth
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hea...5b8ec03a7fdac6

That is the Ancient One (and looks near exactly like an MTG eldrazi
    I wonder if they will keep to this when N'Zoth appears considering Hearthstone is meant to be non-canon to the Warcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part, incomprehensible abhorrent... things.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it is a great looking design tbh
    I have to agree with you on there. I do wonder what his agents will be like. Y'shaarj got the Mantids and C'thun got his Aqir... Was it Yogg that had the Forgotten?