Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Getting a bad legendary shouldn't feel like getting punched

Just making this clear that it isn't really a rant or a quitting post. I just need a place to express how it feels to play with this system.

After spending weeks of clearly every raid on heroic and doing both n/h tos + doing weekly M 15 along with multiple keys above 15, it feels like all that time was wasted. The AP gained is insignificant. The gear gained doesn't compare to what a good legendary could give.

I really hope Blizzard removes this system in the next xpac or I don't think I can justify playing this game because it's not fun. I enjoy playing alts and they have made that very difficult to do. I used to enjoy PvP but they took the fun out of it for me in WoD with class gutting. I'm not a top 1000 player, but I enjoy seeing my character progress and I try to get the best gear I can possibly get. I have had to lower those goals with the titan forging system which has made it essentially impossible to obtain BiS. I'm sitting on my 8th legendary and I don't even have the top 3 for my spec.

It's faster to boost to 100, level 110, and take a chance at the first 2 on the new toon. Gearing from fresh to 900 can be done near instantly and getting 900-910 can be done in a couple of raids. That is only if you get BiS legendary, which if you don't you can just boost another toon. It shouldn't be like this Blizzard. How do you turn a legendary into something that makes you feel like shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    It's faster to boost to 100, level 110, and take a chance at the first 2 on the new toon. Gearing from fresh to 900 can be done near instantly and getting 900-910 can be done in a couple of raids. That is only if you get BiS legendary, which if you don't you can just boost another toon. It shouldn't be like this Blizzard. How do you turn a legendary into something that makes you feel like shit.
    Spending $60 on a character boost isn't not faster. Even more so when doing it a second time. Think about that for a second. You are willing to spend $120 (or 8 tokens for 1,024,000 gold). That is not "faster". Blizzard hasn't turned anything into something that makes you feel like shit. Players have. It is the problem in the players mind that there is BIS and Crap with nothing in between. It is in the players mind that if they don't get BIS on the first two legendaries then everything else in the game is crap.

No amount of system change by Blizzard will change that mindset of the player. If Blizzard changed the system they would just find a way to apply that mindset to the new system or apply it to a different system that is now ruining the game for them. Its fine to not like something but until you realize that majority of the issue lies with the player you won't begin to move on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You want the best gear, without beeing one of the best. Seriously, you can't expect to spend 2 hours a day and be even with someone who spends 8 etc. And the difference between bis legendary and average one is about what 2-5%? Getting a bad trinket proc is a way bigger loss than that. Just man up and realise that you can't get everything for free with the:"BUT MY ALT CANT COMPETE" bullshit. If your alt can't compete with a main, that's actually good design and should be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    This is what happens when the screeching of a handful of whiners directed Blizzard's design philosophy to cater to the casual player.
    You do know if it was blizzard catering to the casual player everyone would be getting their BiS legendaries easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No amount of system change by Blizzard will change that mindset of the player.

If the difference between the BiS and everything else wasn't so extreme it really wouldn't be a problem... But right now the BiS legendaries are a massive increase.

What needs to happen to the legendary system is to remove all throughput legendaries, if we only had legendaries with utility effects, it would be fine.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Spending $60 on a character boost isn't not faster. Even more so when doing it a second time. Think about that for a second. You are willing to spend $120 (or 8 tokens for 1,024,000 gold). That is not "faster". Blizzard hasn't turned anything into something that makes you feel like shit. Players have. It is the problem in the players mind that there is BIS and Crap with nothing in between. It is in the players mind that if they don't get BIS on the first two legendaries then everything else in the game is crap.

No amount of system change by Blizzard will change that mindset of the player. If Blizzard changed the system they would just find a way to apply that mindset to the new system or apply it to a different system that is now ruining the game for them. Its fine to not like something but until you realize that majority of the issue lies with the player you won't begin to move on.
    So you mean there is no correlation between drastically increased survaivabiltiy or DPS and specific legendaries and it's all in our mind?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    Just making this clear that it isn't really a rant or a quitting post. I just need a place to express how it feels to play with this system.

After spending weeks of clearly every raid on heroic and doing both n/h tos + doing weekly M 15 along with multiple keys above 15, it feels like all that time was wasted. The AP gained is insignificant. The gear gained doesn't compare to what a good legendary could give.

I really hope Blizzard removes this system in the next xpac or I don't think I can justify playing this game because it's not fun. I enjoy playing alts and they have made that very difficult to do. I used to enjoy PvP but they took the fun out of it for me in WoD with class gutting. I'm not a top 1000 player, but I enjoy seeing my character progress and I try to get the best gear I can possibly get. I have had to lower those goals with the titan forging system which has made it essentially impossible to obtain BiS. I'm sitting on my 8th legendary and I don't even have the top 3 for my spec.

Ugh, always hated the people whom has the belief that if they don't get their BiS legendary, then they just have to reroll. Guess what, you might not get it with the new character either. You could even get the legendary you need with the old character faster. All RNG in the end. And really, you make yourself feel like shit if your feeling is so because of a legendary.

To be honest, at this point I rather we have utility legendaries only, no BiS shit, for people just tends to complain more and more. Tough luck, buttercup, we can't always get exactly what we want, and we have to work for it.

And just to throw some real examples up, I have seen people believing in rerolling to get faster legendaries, just to take even longer to get a single one.
    I have seen people believing in rerolling to get faster legendaries, just to get the same ones again.
    I have seen people believing in rerolling to get faster legendaries, just to see that they finally got the one they wanted on the previously discarded and soon to be deleted character.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So you mean there is no correlation between drastically increased survaivabiltiy or DPS and specific legendaries and it's all in our mind?
    Nah, of course not. That survivability/dps increase is very real. But it's not necessary, and it's up to players to change their own mindset that high dps is required for fun.

I see a lot of people who focus on their dps compared to other players of their class. WarcraftLogs makes this easy, and it provides an option to compare only to players who are close to you in item level. I am satisfied with my ability when I do well in my own bracket, and I don't concern myself with players who are 10 or more item levels above me.

I think WarcraftLogs should provide similar comparison tools to see your rank based on specific builds, legendaries, and gear such as trinkets and tier. That would allow us to further isolate skill and tactics, and hopefully take off some of the pressure that players feel about getting specific items. After all, if you play well and do as much damage as is possible without that Mantle of the Master Assassin, you should feel good that you did well -- not bad that some other player who does have that item does more damage than you do.

I got a legendary last evening. This morning, when I got out of bed, I had trouble breathing, felt like one my ribs was broken. So I totally get when you're talking about.

Let's be real, this attitude of wanting our bis legendaries is a legitimate want/need to stay or at the very least feel competitive. This is something blizzard should have addressed by now with the possibility of the last raid tier on the horizon. Now I'm not going to propose spoon feeding us all mighty orange items on a daily basis but maybe an actual targeting system or some type of trade in is warranted. For example an alt character I play has 3 utility legendairies, it would be nice to be able to trade all 3 in for something I might deem desireable according to the way I play the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    That isn't even close to what I said. Your character is still viable and able to be a productive member of a group with out those BIS legendaries. As I said there is more then just BIS legendaries or I need to reroll once or twice.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Aren't bis legendaries, compared to utility ones, are just around %5 dps increase for most specs? I sim various combinations with my BM hunter, and the best leggos give me around 40k dps increase over my Sephuz + shitty boots at ilvl 905. At higher item levels, I imagine the gap will widen into around %7 - %8. That's only meaningful for progressing Mythic raiders, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Aren't bis legendaries, compared to utility ones, are just around %5 dps increase for most specs? I sim various combinations with my BM hunter, and the best leggos give me around 40k dps increase over my Sephuz + shitty boots at ilvl 905. At higher item levels, I imagine the gap will widen into around %7 - %8. That's only meaningful for progressing Mythic raiders, isn't it?
    Some classes don't really function properly

Arms
    Havoc
    Current BoS
    Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    This is what happens when the screeching of a handful of whiners directed Blizzard's design philosophy to cater to the casual player.
    Always blame the casual player. It always their fault.

Oh well. I guess someone has to blame someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't enjoy the game without BiS legendaries you probably don't enjoy the game. I switch mine up from fight to fight as resto. It's usually trinket/ring or trinket/bracers but I use the pants on Host since there is little movement. I also use the neck if a fight has burst damage.

My warrior alt only has 3 so I have less options but I change them between fury and protection.

Deleted
    If you play the game you basically get a legendary every 2 weeks, its not hard to have all of them. Also be interested to know what class you play that your being so heavily hindered while having 8 legendaries to pick from

I agree. I've received mainly the worst possible legendary(s) for my 3 classes played at 110. It's maintain a place on the raid team, when your main receives Sephuz's Secret, Valeera's Will, and The First of the Dead, as their first 3 legendary(s). Blizzard should return to the old way of obtaining legendary items.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If the difference between the BiS and everything else wasn't so extreme it really wouldn't be a problem... But right now the BiS legendaries are a massive increase.

What needs to happen to the legendary system is to remove all throughput legendaries, if we only had legendaries with utility effects, it would be fine.
    Exactly! If people would think about it for a moment they would agree. Do people bitch and whine that they have the optimal talents, or do they just pick it and play? Nobody complains that they had to take the "best" talent outside of a rare occasion where the most mathematically powerful talent is somewhat boring to actually play. It would be EXACTLY the same with Legendaries if they were easy to obtain.

The problem(as has been stated MANY times) is the disparity between BiS legendaries and everything else. Bad luck protection being under the hood and completely untrackable also contributes. Having "utility" legendaries be on the same bad luck protection as the BiS is equally infuriating.

Blizzard REALLY wanted legendaries to feel cool when they drop, and they are WHEN they drop. But the other 9 times out of 10 when it doesn't it just generates salt. The system of acquiring legendaries is garbage and should be completely reworked. People should not EVER feel like it's more efficient to re-roll a character in order to more quickly obtain items.

I got three crap legendaries in a row so I quit the game. If I wanted to deal with random crap loot, I'd go play Diablo.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

It doesn't.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.