[Megathread] Fortnite (Sandbox Survival game by Epic Games)

It releases at 10AM EST today (Friday 21st) for $60 but will be f2p in 2018. It will be on PC (Steam) PS4 and XB1.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I believe there's a mega thread about this game already here somewhere

This game looked interesting to me but not 60$ interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I believe there's a mega thread about this game already here somewhere
    Ya I wasn't 100% sure if there was, If there is a mod can merge them if they want.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    This game looked interesting to me but not 60$ interesting.
    Pretty much this. It's definitely not worth $60. I'd say $20-$30 at best.

So the game is only 40 dollars for standard, not 60. However all of the "bonuses" for the different packs makes me think this thing is going to be heavy "freemium" without it actually being free.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So the game is only 40 dollars for standard, not 60. However all of the "bonuses" for the different packs makes me think this thing is going to be heavy "freemium" without it actually being free.
    If you are buying it on console there is only the $60 bundle.

It will be f2p in 2018 tho, I would buy it for $60 if it had a SP offline mode.

Just FYI, Early Access starts July 25th if you buy the standard edition (which is 40$), however, if you purchase Deluxe Edition you can join Early Acess July 21st (today) for 60$. I bolded the Early Access part because thats what it says in smaller letters on the website. Im guessing the game is going to be F2P and fully released next year, just you can buy and play their Early Access version now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you are buying it on console there is only the $60 bundle.

It will be f2p in 2018 tho, I would buy it for $60 if it had a SP offline mode.
    There is a standard version for consoles that you can purchase from their website.
    Last edited by Raone; 2017-07-21 at 08:22 PM.

Usually studios make one very great game and then that's it.

Unreal Tournament was a very great game.

Quote Originally Posted by francisbaud View Post
    Usually studios make one very great game and then that's it.

Unreal Tournament was a very great game.
    So was Gears of War. (1-3)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-unique-style

closing as we already have a thread discussing this game, let's keep discussion there.