Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    EVERY state should have a good Samaritan law like Vermont's. It, not only protects people from being responsible/liable in court if they help, but also requires them to help if they see something.

The kid the police interviewed who showed no remorse, should be accidentally left in a jail cell for a few days and forgotten until he can at least feign remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Just before I clicked the video I was wondering if the people laughing would be black... my suspicions were confirmed. This doesn't surprise me at all.
    Really? You really just came here to this particular story to make a racist comment? If anyone wasn't entirely sure that a part of society sucked from watching these kids, your comment sure goes further to solidify that fact.

Deleted
    The problem with drowning people is that there's a high chance they'll take you down with them.

But what the fuck these piece of shit people and their reactions... I can't even imagine myself just laughing at the shoreline when someone's busy drowning in front of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even something as simple as calling 911 would be enough. I mean fuck they had a phone and only used it to record his death...
    In their defense they may not have known the number for 911...sigh...

But seriously, I dont know how they can look at themself in the mirror.

I don't understand, I thought only white people could be this cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    In America, we watch people die for entertainment, apparently. And that's ok.
    You even elect people to make sure of it.

They should be charged with a hate crime. They didnt help him because he was disabled.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They could have called 911.
    It wouldn't help. There is no way to prove the man drowned because no one has called 911.
    “There was no remorse, only a smirk,” Martinez said.[/I]
    What should he feel remorse for? For disrespecting the sacrament of death?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. People actually tend to get into trouble if they get involved before the authorities. I've heard stories of good Samaritans who were sued by the people they saved because of "X" injury they caused in the life-saving process.

Then my best wishes to you that no one is lethally threatened within the circumference of your person.

Why? Why should it be illegal to put your own safety above others?
    You dont have to put yourself at risk a simple 911 call would have been the humane thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What should he feel remorse for? For disrespecting the sacrament of death?
    Are you fucking human?
    Laughing and making fun of someone dying in front of you?

Smirking when confronted with the police as if it was something funny?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Are you fucking human?
    Laughing and making fun of someone dying in front of you?

Smirking when confronted with the police as if it was something funny?
    I guess we've found another piece of crap who'd rather record someone suffering than actually helping.

There is no other way to say this, if they would identify certain aspects of the teens their is a high probability they may not have been able to swim. So maybe saving him wasn't an option. Can't really standing there and laughing is any better. but it may explain why no one went in.

Based on some of the comments made to the man as he drown and what the teens were doing at the time, I can make guesses.

A cursory glance at Google shows roughly 70% of a certain race in our country cannot swim. Don't take my word for it, go look for yourself.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-07-21 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    There is no other way to say this, if they would identify certain aspects of the teens their is a high probability they may not have been able to swim. So maybe saving him wasn't an option. Can't really standing there and laughing is any better. but it may explain why no one went in.

Based on some of the comments made to the man as he drown and what the teens were doing at the time, I can make guesses.
    Infraction incoming. This comment is too woke.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

I was thinking that, like 20% of the population can't swim. Also even if you can swim trying to save a drowning man is very dangerous and a good way to get yourself killed.

But they could've called 911, I'm sure one of them had a phone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    cocoa is a shithole i've lived in or near the city my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I was thinking that, like 20% of the population can't swim. Also even if you can swim trying to save a drowning man is very dangerous and a good way to get yourself killed.

But they could've called 911, I'm sure one of them had a phone.
    It is way more than 20%, try closer to 70% of that population. I edited my post to clarify that.

Morally wrong, but in the USA, there is no duty to rescue, so the teens were in their right so long as they did not actively interfere with any rescue/attempts of aid (which according to the video, they didn't).

While this video is a more extreme example of not having such a law, I tend to agree with it. I don't believe people should be legally compelled to assist someone in danger of dying.

EDIT: I did some more digging, there are situations where the duty to rescue applies in narrow situations in a couple states, usually involving sexual assault, link to the list here: http://volokh.com/2009/11/03/duty-to...port-statutes/ (also this was posted in 2009, so may be out of date).
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-07-21 at 08:04 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

These scumbags don't deserve to grow up a long the likes of decent people. Send em to juvi. I can't imagine what things they will do to decent people when they are older. It's one thing not to help, but to sit there laughing and not trying to get anyone else to help, says something about them. Despicable. The worse part is they won't learn. They won't change. They'll get away with this and their parents are probably the same type of people who would also sit and laugh while someone dies, so there will be nothing learned here. This man's death should at least serve as a lesson, but instead he will die in vain.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-07-21 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    These scumbags don't deserve to grow up a long the likes of decent people. Send em to juvi. I can't imagine what things they will do to decent people when they are older. It's one thing not to help, but to sit there laughing and not trying to get anyone else to help, says something about them. Despicable. The worse part is they won't learn. They won't change. They'll get away with this and their parents are probably the same type of people who would also sit and laugh while someone dies, so there will be nothing learned here. This man's death should at least serve as a lesson, but instead he will die in vain.
    It did serve a lesson though. It taught them not to go into the water if they can't swim.

they are facing a misdemeanor charge under Florida Statute 406.12 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    they are facing a misdemeanor charge under Florida Statute 406.12 now.
    Had to look it up

406.12 Duty to report; prohibited acts.—It is the duty of any person in the district where a death occurs, including all municipalities and unincorporated and federal areas, who becomes aware of the death of any person occurring under the circumstances described in s. 406.11 to report such death and circumstances forthwith to the district medical examiner. Any person who knowingly fails or refuses to report such death and circumstances, who refuses to make available prior medical or other information pertinent to the death investigation, or who, without an order from the office of the district medical examiner, willfully touches, removes, or disturbs the body, clothing, or any article upon or near the body, with the intent to alter the evidence or circumstances surrounding the death, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland