Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The funny bit is, this is true for many parts of the world. It's not white women being racist against black people, though, it's fucking princesses thinking they own the world and the planet will rearrange to clear the path for them. Trust me, they wouldn't budge for any colour.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Its not a race issue its a gender issue. Many woman get treated like princesses in our society so they think they dont have to dodge.

It's funny how folks are thinking that both the author of the article and the reporter in question are both female... when at least the reporter mentioned in the article is male. I can only judge that by the authors name that they are also male.

Shit like this makes you wish that after slavery was abolished, they would have all been put back on ships and sent back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Shit like this makes you wish that after slavery was abolished, they would have all been put back on ships and sent back home.

Oh yeah that comment isn't stupid or racist at all.../s

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What do you think was "racist" here? I realize that we've defined "racist" so broad as to be nearly meaningless, but there's not actually anything racist about saying, "it seems like a lot of white women just walk straight at me instead of moving - why do they do that?".
    Why does "x race that's not me" do "something negative" especially when it's observation and not actual science is most likely racist.

Man I read everything on that link and just don't see what you're all upset about. It's people writing in their experiences and their subjective viewpoints on why things are happening around them. The hell is there to be mad at? News agencies post all kinds of things like this across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why does "x race that's not me" do "something negative" especially when it's observation and not actual science is most likely racist.
    Not really. I mean, I realize that this is the way it's being used in modern parlance with increasing frequency, but it's not really what the word means. My impression is that Asian women really are worse than average at driving - is it really "racist" to have noticed this? I suppose some people think so, but I'm not inclined to engage in the war on noticing things myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Racism" literally means that one believes that a particular race is inferior/superior to another. So unless you're able to demonstrate that belief, using "racist" colloquially like that is, at best, hyperbolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Man I read everything on that link and just don't see what you're all upset about. It's people writing in their experiences and their subjective viewpoints on why things are happening around them. The hell is there to be mad at? News agencies post all kinds of things like this across the country.
    Oh please if some white had written about how black men are more aggressive with white women he'd get fired and have protestors outside of his house already

Oh please if some white had written about how black men are more aggressive with white women he'd get fired and have protestors outside of his house already
    Probably the closer comparison would be if some white dude wrote an article about how black women expect him to move for them, asking if it's racism. That person would probably be disregarded as silly by most people.

Also let's be real that story I made up would pick up way more support from white dudes than this dude did from anyone anyhow because white victimization is all the rage these days.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2017-07-21 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    NYT. Fake news

This. 10chars/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    white victimization is all the rage these days.
    Probably because you have people that say, with no sense of irony, that you cannot be racist or bigoted towards white people, and that "whiteness" is an endemic problem. I don't know a better way to galvanize a sense of collective indignation and create a true monster, than to do exactly what these people are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Racism" literally means that one believes that a particular race is inferior/superior to another. So unless you're able to demonstrate that belief, using "racist" colloquially like that is, at best, hyperbolic.
    Dude, S "every little slight is a racism" J "white males talking to me gives me PTSD" Ws "men staring at me is literally rape" would never resort to hyperbole.

Lots wrong with that article, starting with the notion that broads not acquiescing for anyone walking towards them is a race thing. It's not. Instead, it's more of a "the entire world revolves around me because that's what I was taught growing up" thing, and it encompasses way more than just females.

Frankly, some people just need to be bodychecked.

Because a certain segment of the population eats news like that right up.

The NYT is as Andrew Klavan calls it, a former newspaper. They are now just a bunch of op-eds posing as news.

Now now now...
    That isn't necessary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where'd your family originate from. I'm sure we can raise some money for you to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    I literally laughed so hard at this reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Where'd your family originate from. I'm sure we can raise some money for you to go back.
    You pay off all my debt and I will move wherever you want me to.