10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Brady for Montana/Nebraska is interesting. Not exactly sure how those happened.
    1) Brady has been going to Montana for training/vacation for several years now. This year much publicized, cuase he brought several of his buddies from the team.

but mostly

2) Fewer number of jerseys sold. These maps are per month, far as I know, they've done them several times, and in a given month there might not actually be that many jerseys sold in Montana, making it easier for a random person to end up winning it (Like Thielen in North Dakota)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

interesting question. Easy to say the play in SB49, I'd be a hipster and say the play that Avril got hurt. Brady didn't have time to pass the ball till that point. Anyway, passing the ball was the right call. The play was not. Having Kearse try to block Browner + Butler wasn't putting your players in positions to win.
    I like how everyone goes after the Patriots with this one.

Mine would be very predictable and easy too. Eli doesn't escape the scrum and gets sacked and the Helmet catch never happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    My one change? Have Devonta run the damn ball in the final drive during superbowl 51. XD XD XD

/slitswrists

Things actually happened.

Panthers released Michael Oher. Sounds like it is related to his concussion issues. Plus, Cards re-signed Chris Johnson, Panthers extended Trai Turner and Mr. walks out of the back of the endzone to preserve 0-16 signed with the Rams. If Goff doesn't drastically improve that might actually be an upgrade.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-07-20 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oher was the only person sad to see Gettleman go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refs rigging 2002 WCC in NBA. Also not NFL related, but Sacramento should have won that series, and the NBA Championship following.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    CB Adam Jones of the Bengals suspended 1 game for his behaviour when arrested a while back (spitting on people and so on). He's appealing it (cause of course).

Deleted

interesting question. Easy to say the play in SB49, I'd be a hipster and say the play that Avril got hurt. Brady didn't have time to pass the ball till that point. Anyway, passing the ball was the right call. The play was not. Having Kearse try to block Browner + Butler wasn't putting your players in positions to win.
    The Stefan Bellof crash in Spa.

NFL related the 2011 NFC Championship game. Most frustrating fan experience of my life.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Flag stays on the PI call during the Lions -Cowboys game 2014, or the refs actually penalise Dez for running onto the field without his helmet, remonstrating with the officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be hitting maximum football withdrawal, I watched an episode of "All or Nothing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, oh the tangled web we weave. Roger Goodel is getting pressured to suspend Ezekiel Elliot. Cause, you know, he has been having run ins with the law and players have been suspended for less by Goodel's hardline approach.

So some owners are pressuring him now to get the Cowboys and Elliot, cause THEY have been punished in similar matters in the past by Roger.

And some other owners, knowing the NFLPA will likely argue that nothing bad has happened while he was in the NFL and that the domestic case from college happened when he wasn't an NFL employee yet, are pressuring him now with "Don't suspend Elliot, cause that's how we got into Deflategate, when we had a shaky case and the NFLPA went after us"

So Goodel is either pissing off a lot of fans and owners cause he suspends Elliot on shaky evidence and a case he might not actually be allowed to be judged on OR he;s pissing off fans and owners for NOT suspending him, when he's previously suspended players for the same petty shit.

I know in the end it's all just billionaire owners having infights, but it's glorious to see the public face of their bickering (and the guy who chose to go after the Saints and Patriots just to satisfy a select few of his bosses that were pissy, when there was NO EVIDENCE) will get his comeuppance sooner or later when he needs to scratch backs on both sides of an argument among the owners and gets to be the fall guy in a power struggle.

Can't wait!

So in other words being consistently inconsistent is causing problems. Never would have seen that coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say pissing off the owner who just made the Jall of Fame due to making the NFL what it is is probably a bad idea unless there's evidence (there's none that isn't directly contradicted)

- - - Updated - - -

I also hope the nflpa drag it out as long as deflategate. Because all this does is give power to a bunch of whores who want money, and if they don't they scream assault

10+ Year Old Account
    Tamba Hali went on a twitter rant asking at some point "Am I even needed in KC?". Not sure what is in the water in KC, but that club is seemingly falling apart for no apparent reason (unless losing to the Steelers in the playoffs caused it).

Source: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...45930698608640

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hahahaha, oh the tangled web we weave. Roger Goodel is getting pressured to suspend Ezekiel Elliot. Cause, you know, he has been having run ins with the law and players have been suspended for less by Goodel's hardline approach.

So some owners are pressuring him now to get the Cowboys and Elliot, cause THEY have been punished in similar matters in the past by Roger.

And some other owners, knowing the NFLPA will likely argue that nothing bad has happened while he was in the NFL and that the domestic case from college happened when he wasn't an NFL employee yet, are pressuring him now with "Don't suspend Elliot, cause that's how we got into Deflategate, when we had a shaky case and the NFLPA went after us"

So Goodel is either pissing off a lot of fans and owners cause he suspends Elliot on shaky evidence and a case he might not actually be allowed to be judged on OR he;s pissing off fans and owners for NOT suspending him, when he's previously suspended players for the same petty shit.

I know in the end it's all just billionaire owners having infights, but it's glorious to see the public face of their bickering (and the guy who chose to go after the Saints and Patriots just to satisfy a select few of his bosses that were pissy, when there was NO EVIDENCE) will get his comeuppance sooner or later when he needs to scratch backs on both sides of an argument among the owners and gets to be the fall guy in a power struggle.

Can't wait!
    Keep biting the hand that feeds, and Goodell will get shit canned. So I kinda wana see Zeke get suspended to piss off Jerry Jones. If that happens, shit might get interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tamba Hali's salary is guaranteed this year, otherwise you think he wouldn't make the team with how little they used him. He probably isn't sensing much change to his role for this year.

Cowboys stuff is boring, I doubt the Saints are a team that would put pressure on Goodell to discipline unless they knew it would help bring about his doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that Titans OL Sebastian Tretola has been shot near a bar in Fayetville, AR https://twitter.com/td_barnes/status/889018913094283265

https://twitter.com/scottmbrewster/s...33109391503361

Not really any information right now, but could be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB less drama, more football. Any takers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Seems that Titans OL Sebastian Tretola has been shot near a bar in Fayetville, AR https://twitter.com/td_barnes/status/889018913094283265

Wtf? /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    WTB less drama, more football. Any takers?
    I'll take a double helping.

4 days for the Patriots to start camp. Ready to hear which surprise names start on the PUP and which players I have to worry about to make the season. Ready for overhyped practices in shorts and shells before the pads come on. Ready for failed conditioning runs from some linemen (either side of the ball). Ready for pass statistics from 7-7's that DEFINITELY prove that Jimmy G. will never be a succesful QB in this league (or definite proof that he is).

I'm ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Follow up: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-in-shooting/

Nothing too bad happened. He was grazed by a bullet and had to be treated, but he's alright.

You have to wonder though how he got into a situation where someone was shooting at him, or near enough someone who was being shot at. There will probably be more updates to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You have to wonder though how he got into a situation where someone was shooting at him, or near enough someone who was being shot at. There will probably be more updates to this.
    Bah, stop victim blaming.

Elway signed a 5 year deal, surprised it didn't happen earlier since it isn't like he was going to go someplace else.

David Bruton is retiring. Never was the same after that Steelers o-lineman dived head-first at this leg and broke it.