Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I just hope they finally completely remove insta-gib situations with reflect damage modifiers.
    Until they nerf the hell out of modifiers making them non-relevant, the issue is very simple: the ratio between EHP pool and player damage. Given how damage multipliers scale up way faster than EHP ones for any character/build i'm seeing around everyone strives for as big as possible EHP pools while mantaining high damage.

So you end with very high damage and a relatively small EHP. Thus even if reflect mechanics only take in consideration a small % of your damage, still it's way above your EHP. Anyway nerfing the reflect multiplier or making it consider less of your total damage would make them irrelevant, as again nearly any build goes leech, which again scales with your damage and not the EHP. This means that nerfing it would just make leech relatively more powerul to the point reflect can be ignored as you'll end healing yourself for more than the reflected damage.

They should also nerf leech at this point, but then you're taking out the most effective healing in game without any real reliable fallback.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Until they nerf the hell out of modifiers making them non-relevant, the issue is very simple: the ratio between EHP pool and player damage. Given how damage multipliers scale up way faster than EHP ones for any character/build i'm seeing around everyone strives for as big as possible EHP pools while mantaining high damage.

So you end with very high damage and a relatively small EHP. Thus even if reflect mechanics only take in consideration a small % of your damage, still it's way above your EHP. Anyway nerfing the reflect multiplier or making it consider less of your total damage would make them irrelevant, as again nearly any build goes leech, which again scales with your damage and not the EHP. This means that nerfing it would just make leech relatively more powerul to the point reflect can be ignored as you'll end healing yourself for more than the reflected damage.

They should also nerf leech at this point, but then you're taking out the most effective healing in game without any real reliable fallback.
    They just need to find that sweet spot where reflect still poses a credible threat if you're not careful, but without creating insta-gib situations. Maybe make damage reflect only up to a certain percent of your max hitpoints per hit or something.

They just need to find that sweet spot where reflect still poses a credible threat if you're not careful, but without creating insta-gib situations. Maybe make damage reflect only up to a certain percent of your max hitpoints per hit or something.
    Still leech needs to be addressed too. Otherwise you'll end with more healing than damage taken = reflect is no threat. Most skill combo unfortunately have a multihit component hence, it's not feasible. Given how leech is an HoT without VP, reflect could be treated with a cap on damage over a definite time frame - so you'lle have leech still working, and not instagibbing you but still being dangerous as multiple subsequent hits will enter in the same timeframe but timeframes open and close continuosly.

Example, the whole ES phenomena that rocked the last period and all meta builds were running ES. It was strong for two basic factors:
    a) ES being able to have a way bigger pool than HP so you could facetank even the strongest attack ingame
    b) damage scaling so high that via Vaal Pact you could istantly recover the whole ES pool in one attack.

Hence, you were nearly invincible. You could trivialize most bad stuff ingame. That has been solved simply making VP not functioning with Ghost Reaver (breaking the insta heal) and reducing the ES pool as a whole.

Instagib happens because you have lots of damage. Since scaling is different, you always have one curve above the other.

Reflect should get tossed out in every single ARPG. Gone.

Still leech needs to be addressed too. Otherwise you'll end with more healing than damage taken = reflect is no threat. Most skill combo unfortunately have a multihit component hence, it's not feasible. Given how leech is an HoT without VP, reflect could be treated with a cap on damage over a definite time frame - so you'lle have leech still working, and not instagibbing you but still being dangerous as multiple subsequent hits will enter in the same timeframe but timeframes open and close continuosly.

Example, the whole ES phenomena that rocked the last period and all meta builds were running ES. It was strong for two basic factors:
    a) ES being able to have a way bigger pool than HP so you could facetank even the strongest attack ingame
    b) damage scaling so high that via Vaal Pact you could istantly recover the whole ES pool in one attack.

Hence, you were nearly invincible. You could trivialize most bad stuff ingame. That has been solved simply making VP not functioning with Ghost Reaver (breaking the insta heal) and reducing the ES pool as a whole.

Instagib happens because you have lots of damage. Since scaling is different, you always have one curve above the other.
    I agree. Leech is problematic because of the reasons you mentioned previously: Damage output far outpacing effective health.

I don't even play hardcore modes in PoE anymore because of the imbalance. Which is actually ok, since even normal mode has penalties for death, so I guess it's a fair trade, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I think this is probably the correct solution. If they can't fix reflect to be a credible threat without insta-gib situations arising, then they should probably just not use it as a threat at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is probably the correct solution. If they can't fix reflect to be a credible threat without insta-gib situations arising, then they should probably just not use it as a threat at all.
    They should make it intermittent like Diablo 3 reflect and not work off screen. Leave it at the same damage levels so you can one shot yourself, just make it avoidable with careful play.

Its only a problem now because its always on, so there is no way around it unless something other than yourself does the damage (minions, totems).

Deleted
    I could not agree more, and now that we are at it, if we could also get rid of unavoidable damage at the same time, that would be perfect.

Well, the mechanic should be reworked. As said above, last iteration of D3 reflect makes you think about what to attack, safe for pets that go wherever but don't take basically any damage from it.

Passive % of damage as unavoidable backlash is a pretty outdated concept and is kinda useless given the damage scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I could not agree more, and now that we are at it, if we could also get rid of unavoidable damage at the same time, that would be perfect.
    Unavoidable damage is a good way to keep things in touch. May it be monsters base attacks, environmental damage or similar, it helps to keep players from going simply glass cannons and makes survivability/defense stats more valuable. Obviously needs to be balanced, but makes the choices matter more.

Deleted
    Unavoidable damage is a good way to keep things in touch. May it be monsters base attacks, environmental damage or similar, it helps to keep players from going simply glass cannons and makes survivability/defense stats more valuable. Obviously needs to be balanced, but makes the choices matter more.
    I do not like it, i understand what you say but IMO, the penalty for being a glass cannon should be that a minor mistake is enough for killing you, but getting one shot by a mechanic you can not avoid with perfect timing, skill or a good strategy, it is simply not fun for me.
    Yeah, i know it has been part of Arpgs like forever, but still i do not like it, i would rather it be unforgiving if you make a mistake, but not unavoidable.

getting one shot by a mechanic you can not avoid with perfect timing, skill or a good strategy, it is simply not fun
    Tat's not unavoidable damage, that's simply wrong/broken. I agree with everything you said - unavoidable damage should be present so you cannot "perfect" (= beat an encounter not taking any damage) a boss; however if you managed to do a perfect execution, this should end with relatively small total damage taken.

It needs to be enough so you don't ignore it, but you shouldn't be dying of it until you pretend to soak everything.

Any News on how the new leveling process will be with all the new zones and other info?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Any News on how the new leveling process will be with all the new zones and other info?
    There is a ton of info in POE forums, and quite a bunch of details all over youtube, but to be honest i am trying to avoid all of them, thankfully i played the game very little in the past, and everything is pointing on the direction i am gonna have hours upon hours of things to look at, once the expansion hits.
    I must confess i am totally hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Holy fuck. Call about shaking the economy or it's at least how i read it - less common currencies become slightly more common. Just good for me as SSF only.

Deleted
    My hype it is getting worse XD.

- - - Updated - - -

Just good for me as SSF only.
    You too?, it seems the SSF mode it is gonna become the most popular one.

My hype it is getting worse XD.
    Yes, i'm really hyped too at this point. Cannot wait to roll the new char and see the story. Harbringers look really cool and i wonder what new uniques we will have available. Too bad the Unique jewel for VS is on Standard - i'll get that when this league ends (or drop another )

You too?, it seems the SSF mode it is gonna become the most popular one.
    I don't know, maybe it's "stupid" but SSF as an official mode has a very peculiar feeling. It's (for me) all about "this is my char, and all i have is earned through effort and time spent". It feels truly mine. I'm not aginst trading, but it will always look like a shortcut to avoid farming. And i like farming.

But again, it's me. I'd like that SSF will receive seperate rules to make some kind of stuff more manageable without going all out "free lot" or crap like that. Harbringers should help, but it's mostly about things that are balanced around the possibility of trading with others. Anyway, one can always opt out of SSF so it shouldn't be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that sounds excellent. LOVE the idea of Harbingers, they sound like they'll be a lot of fun and then to cap it all off with some Challenge related MTX rewards. Sounds great!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

how long is a league typically?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Damn that sounds excellent. LOVE the idea of Harbingers, they sound like they'll be a lot of fun and then to cap it all off with some Challenge related MTX rewards. Sounds great!
    I never bothered with challenges usually, but DAMN those glowing eyes effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Development Manifesto regarding these changes on the Beta.

Another quick note: Power Charges now grant 30% increased Critical Strike Chance per charge (down from 50%) and 4% more Spell Damage per charge,
    and Frenzy Charges now grant 4% more damage with Attack skills (as opposed to 4% more Damage). You can see these changes in the Charges page of the Charcter Panel.
    On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    how long is a league typically?
    3 months. In Legacy they added a month instead of having a new 1 month league before the launch of 3.0