Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Who's in the wrong here?
    Depends. Assuming the boss has no ownership in the company, I doubt he can change work dress codes on the fly. If she has evidence that the boss is targeting her specifically (i.e. not getting on others case for wearing hats), she is most likely in the right.

However, the business owner should always have the final say. A shop owner can allow or deny headwear or certain colored shirts or sandals and etc. at any time really. Maybe there is a specific uniform that the owner(s) has just ordered, they can require their employees to wear them at work.

Having said all that, I like that lady's approach.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You made the claim, now prove it.
    You have to be pretty daft if you need explained that some religions dont exactly see eye to eye. And chances are it hurts business when someone openly expresses religious preference. How hard is this really? It's like people prefer antisemitism over dresscode here.

Would it be more clear if I explained it like this:
    Some Jews would/could have a problem buying goods from a person wearing a Swastika? Would you agree when a boss says he doesnt want his people wearing Swastika's? Or would that create another discussion on how the swastika originally wasn't a Nazi symbol?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-07-21 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Not by any standard of beauty thats ever been presented to me in a modern society. You cant blame people for not thinking shes pretty when she dosnt meet any of the conventions of beautiful that society pushes. TLDR, shes ugly, but thats probably just because she isnt "TV pretty" to the masses.
    ???

I'd date her.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    ???

I'd date her.
    She's not ugly, but I wouldn't say she's particularly attractive, either. For as far as that's relevant.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

The problem is a person causing this much trouble over dress code is likely to also cause problems over a litany of other issues. Eventually she'll cross the line on the wrong one and get herself fired.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    You have to be pretty daft if you need explained that some religions dont exactly see eye to eye. And chances are it hurts business when someone openly expresses religious preference. How hard is this really? It's like people prefer antisemitism over dresscode here.

Would it be more clear if I explained it like this:
    Some Jews would/could have a problem buying goods from a person wearing a Swastika? Would you agree when a boss says he doesnt want his people wearing Swastika's? Or would that create another discussion on how the swastika originally wasn't a Nazi symbol?
    Did you really dig up a year old article just so you'd have an excuse to post islamaphobic horseshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    no indication of where she works, but I am kind of curious: I was pretty sure that for the vast majority of places, issuing a memo forbidding "cultural head wraps" would be an instant way to find a discrimination lawsuit shoved so far up your ass you could taste the ink on the paper. How exactly did her boss think that was a smart thing to do?

Also: This is appearently the attire that her boss found "Unprofessional". WTF? Looks perfectly acceptable to me (though I thought bellbottoms went out of style decades ago)

...My favorite part about this picture is the woman standing up for 'Cultural Rights against the Oppressive White CIS Patriarchy' and then there's people behind her doing the job they were paid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The problem is a person causing this much trouble over dress code is likely to also cause problems over a litany of other issues. Eventually she'll cross the line on the wrong one and get herself fired.
    Not before trying to blackmail the company with a law suit she won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Until that happens, there isn't really shit you can say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

See, what's good is that just because you don't like one side, doesn't mean you have to support the other. One side being very, very, very wrong doesn't necessarily make the other side right in the slightest. Regardless of how inappropriately her boss acted, the woman doesn't come off as very smart to me. As much as I want to 'fight the power', I don't want to do that by saying "hey world, this is what I'm up to when I'm on the clock"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Was talking about the cosplay shit. As far as the head shit goes, they may as well let men wear hats to work if they fold on that.
    What you failed to realize is that there wasn't a dress code in her employee contract.

Wow! This is foul! Women think they can get away with anything these days. Stop being such pansies and wear suits and ties like your male colleagues do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    What you failed to realize is that there wasn't a dress code in her employee contract.
    Doesnt need to be. In a professional situation like this you know whats expected of you. Employer has the right to hire and fire you, they dont need a "valid" reason in most cases.Shes just fucking herself with this bullshit.

Deleted
    The scarf might be unprofessional but the cosplay is downright immature.

This is a really good story to tell her children. This made my day, thanks to whoever posted this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    What makes a scarf unprofessional?
    Nothing, literally nothing makes a scarf unprofessional... But trust the islamophobes to ruin a good story with their butthurtness. Headwraps and scarfs are not exclusive to muslims... that's the real ironic part.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The scarf might be unprofessional but the cosplay is downright immature.
    You say it's cosplay I say it's a set of matching clothing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Companies are allowed to have dress codes, and they have every right to subject employees to the same dress code requirements. Usually you agree to the dress code when you sign your employment contract.l