Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'm on the Diseaseless Blood train too. It was so awesome doing way more damage than better geared "proper" specced players...
    Wasn't DPS Blood literally a rotation, i.e. you could castsequence macro it to do it perfectly (and thus was boring as fuck)? Wouldn't really call that awesome. Then again other people saying shit like one-button-Destro being fun in this thread, it doesn't surprise me..

7+ Year Old Account
    Demo Mop, the spec I liked most of my whole time playing.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

MoP Survival Hunter.

Dots, explosives, controlled energy regen, never a dull moment, and beast DPS numbers if executed properly. I loved it to bits, which is why the current Survival spec is a thorn in my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Wasn't DPS Blood literally a rotation, i.e. you could castsequence macro it to do it perfectly (and thus was boring as fuck)? Wouldn't really call that awesome. Then again other people saying shit like one-button-Destro being fun in this thread, it doesn't surprise me..
    No more than literally any other spec WoW has. It was pretty gear dependent though. Didn't work without tons of ArP, so it didn't see a ton of play. Also, if you tried to PuG anything with it, people called you a moron. During that same time frame, I'd say arcane mage was far more of a bore fest to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    MoP Survival Hunter.

Dots, explosives, controlled energy regen, never a dull moment, and beast DPS numbers if executed properly. I loved it to bits, which is why the current Survival spec is a thorn in my side.
    I played survival as my main for a long time. Made me really sad that they killed it. A lot of those mechanics are optional to marksman now though, so you could sort of build an old school survival hunter. I haven't played this expansion a ton though so it's hard for me to say I really miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Shockadin.
    Just so you are aware, Shockadin is way stronger now then its ever been. I'm able to do more dps than most damage dealers within the course of wings now. Very strong for five mans which short boss times.

Anyway, my choice is MoP brewmaster. It wasn't too bad in WoD, but hate the new iteration compared to MoP. Was so fun back then.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Full tier 2 Vanilla Mage

Various builds of the 31/20,20/31,21/30,30/21 different for pve and pvp.

Netherwind proc presence of mind shatter combos, before Ice Lance even existed. Trinkets like Zandalari Hero Charm (ZHC) and Talisman of Ephemeral Power (ToEP).

Then there was the choice of Arcane power , or going for Winters chill/Barrier/Ice block, since the 21 point and 31 point talents were exclusive to eachother, couldn't get 21/31 builds.

I went to Field Marshal mostly using that set, and using various build swapping while also raiding AQ-40 and Naxx-40

Wraith Blade from Maexxna was better then Grand Marshal's Mageblade so I never wanted to go more weeks for Grand Marshal back then since I already was pissed of having like 99% into rank 12 when an accidental dishonor kill happened in Thunder bluff.

(killing faction leaders progressed the server's pvp ranking in some way)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-21 at 11:18 PM.

There are so many MoP builds... my god MoP was broken. I know it sucks to be given all the power and then having it taken away but MoP was seriously a mistake on their part. Thank god they didn't go the flying route and just keep it in despite knowing the ramifications for doing so.

The only thing I can say for certain I remember is ICC affliction warlock, ICC and Cata Ret pally, Wrath-Legion DK (my main), and Dragon Soul Sub rogue.

I do miss the old Affliction warlock even though it was Dot Manager: The Game. It felt more fun to me to have a bunch of CDs and not be limited on what you could do based on Soul Shards. I liked it better when you had a billion dots, some of which had CDs and Nightfall procs making your shadow bolt become instant cast. I would honestly want to see a return of shadowbolt and Nightfall procs and a baseline Malefic Grasp so have something to do. Your channeled spell would be your default filler as it makes your dots tick harder but Shadow Bolt would be used whenever Nightfall procs for extra damage. Would be cool to see skilled players weaving Nightfall procs in between dot casts to make optimal use of their abilities.

I don't miss the fact that Sub rogues had to use a healing ability for energy regen. They used to have this finishing move that would heal you for a certain percent every few seconds and sub had a talent in Cata that also made it regen energy. I liked the overall playstyle of Sub better back then. It feels too hectic now with Shadow Dance CD being reduced by combo points and I think it has too many CDs now with the artifact ability and Shadow Blades (which was also in Cata and I didn't like it then either)
    The spec just doesn't feel the same and I don't like how it has changed.

I really miss the concept of Blood dps but the execution of DK in Wrath is not something I miss. I didn't like being GCD locked with the way our runes worked pre-Cata. The freeform resource idea really fits Frost but I don't know if I like it on Unholy. Unholy feels really hectic sometimes but can have a lot of downtime in others. I also dislike the RNG of wound generation. I think my favorite playstyle fir unholy was the Festerblight in MoP with dot snapshotting. Felt like you had a clear and concise gameplan of extending your mega OP dots for as long as humanly possible. Breath of Sindragosa frost is my favorite iteration of Frost thus far. It was extremely boring in Cata-WoD when it was basically nothing but spamming Howling Blast as much as possible.

Also, death knights in Wrath could actually tank and dps in every single spec. That would be a nightmare to balance I guess but I wish they would have kept that design
    Frost specialized in physical reduction, blood in self healing and dodge/parry, and unholy with magic reduction. Not sure if it always worked out that way but that's how the specs were designed to tank at least. It would also be really interesting to see a dual wielding tank spec xD

Deleted
    Wod blood dk and unholy dk i loved those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Just so you are aware, Shockadin is way stronger now then its ever been.
    It's definitely not way stronger than it's ever been. Hybrid Shockadin was stronger than pure Ret and that's the reason they gutted it. It might be decently strong within a short window but it was flat out better than Ret at dps in general.

Gladiator stance

Cause having fun is a crime in a blizzard game

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Launch Mistweaver.
    I've never had more fun in this game, than I did fistweaving.
    All three Monk specs at MoP .....

I could also add; MoP Demo lock! Playing with the wings! I didn't play it on any higher level than questing and dailies, but man was it fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Launch Mistweaver.
    I've never had more fun in this game, than I did fistweaving.
    I miss fistweaving too, it was mad fun... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Nergul View Post
    Dual Wield Frost Death Knight Tanking in Wrath
    agree. it was pretty fun

Pretty much all classes from MoP. Everything was better in terms of class gameplay.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I liked Class Design in MoP a lot.

Blood DK (MoP) - Became my main Spec, loved the way it played with more focus on Melee than current iteration and the way Runes worked. WoD was still good and it worked better for fights requiring Active Mitigation but Legion made me like it less.

Ret Paladin (MoP) - After the darkness that was Cataclysm for Ret, it finally played well in MoP with the Talent/Holy Power Changes that made it smoother than Cataclysm.

MM/Surv Hunter (MoP) - Had great fun with both these specs in SoO. SV was great fun with the cooldown reduction trinket and MM was stupidly strong and fun in PVP. The class is past those glory days from my experiences in Legion so far.

Combat Rogue (MoP) - DPS that didn't depend on RNG, godlike cleave, baseline cooldown reduction from the rotation, optional finishers with rupture and expose armor.
    Brewmaster Monk (MoP) - Well designed, fun gap closer with clash, interesting talents and fun to play. Lost some of that with WoD and I've yet to experience it in Legion but it was a contributing factor to how we lost one of our Guild's Tanks who rerolled BrM in SoO.

Destruction Warlock (MoP) - I don't think I've seen since or before a spec that I felt worked so well and was designed to the point of perfection. Fantastic resources and design, options for cleave and single target, finishers with 'if' options, resources that were part of the defence and offence at the same time as a trade off, a talent tree with plenty of options to play with. The resources even looked cool and fit the theme of Destruction. Not quite as good in WoD and my current opinion of the spec in Legion is more clunky, but I don't have much experience on this yet.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Most MoP versions of specs where top notch. Truly the pinnacle of Blizzard class design imo.

I miss disc and destruction. :L

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I miss Devouring Plague too.

Ret Pally coming into Legion felt killed off for me. Felt too pruned.
    Wasn't that the undead priest racial ability? Priests used to have one special ability based on their race. Undead was devouring plague, trolls were a shadowy version of lightning shield, humans had desperate prayer, and dwarves had fear ward, night elves had this weird Elune-ish attack.

That's why if you were an Alliance priest you were dwarf or you didn't get a raid spot. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by selastan View Post
    dps blood dk
    Never forgive. Never forget.

Wrath Enhancement tanks
    Wrath Frost DK tanks
    Wrath Blood DK dps
    The fact that hunters got ruined by taking away mana and giving this focus crap and pre 3.08 volley for that matter.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    MoP brewmaster monk. Constantly being able to have 50% slow on enemies made it quite fun and easy to escape, you had clash wich was really OP, same with guard. A big shield to protect you. Breath of fire, aoe dot and same time disorienting enemies.

MM hunter in wotlk (twinked at 70). Loading up with Aimee shot and then chimera and 9/10 times the target died within 2 seconds.
    Miss old survival hunter, lock and load proc, awesome aoe build. Everything was superb.