Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Fire Mage DoT-Snapshotting with Alter Time in MoP. Whether it was the opening burst phase in PvE or the shatter combos in PvP w/ Frostjaw/Deep Freeze, this was probably the best/most fun/most nuanced/most skillful period of Mage ever that was utterly annihilated when Alter Time and DoT-Snapshotting was nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nergul View Post
    Dual Wield Frost Death Knight Tanking in Wrath
    Omg... up until now I thought legion was doing a good job with class fantasy, but then some of these things I remember.. such niche specs or just cool abilities/playstyles and I'm just stuck thinking where did it all go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    "Mana Battery" Shadowpriests. I loved being the "support dps" that was able to bring heals & mana to the table without changing specs.
    My favorite thing I ever did was raid as mana battery, then came the LK pre-patch and I re-rolled hunter

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    MOP Survival Hunter. It had everything! Dots, aoe, execute, procs, all ranged while on the move! Granted in hindsight it maybe was a 'bit' overpowered. It was the most damn fun I ever had with a spec. RIP.

Oh just to add on.. it had defensives to negate mechanics, a bit of self-sustain, could drop aggro. It just had so many buttons on the bar but it flowed to nicely! It's a shame what hunter has become now.
    It was my favorite spec too. I am not sure if it was OP when you look at the fact mages are almost always top of the charts, and in SoO I believe BM was the highest dps for hunters. Anyways, it was the most fun I had with my hunter in a long time as I could just do soooo much, AND pets weren't useless. They actually could hold aggro and tank stuff...damn fun times.

Deleted
    MoP Brewmaster monk
    MoP Ele shaman
    MoP destro lock (I think it was perfect back then, why even touch it :[ )

Well, now looking at it, all of these 3 were in MoP... Hmm... gives something to think about :P

Edit:
    Oh, oh! And Demo Lock! Loved chaos wave mastery crits in PvP! *tears*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Wrath Enhancement tanks
    Wrath Frost DK tanks
    Wrath Blood DK dps
    The fact that hunters got ruined by taking away mana and giving this focus crap and pre 3.08 volley for that matter.
    The reason Frost and Blood got switched is because nobody was playing Frost like halfway through Naxx. Once people realized a Blood DK geared as a tank was almost immortal, nobody tanked in Frost.

Back OT: Stunherald MS warrior in BC
    New Legion item stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    an agility chest axe on a fury shaman... FFS, I guess I should have read the patch notes in more detail.

TBC affliction locks locks with the 3 piece tailoring crafted gear;
    Literally press Curse of Doom (provided you had one other lock pressing CoE every minute) every minute and spam shadowbolts to top meters in BT.
    That was so stupidly OP they took out the entire "bis from crafting" idea afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Every MoP spec.
    Almost this. Mists had very few 'boring' specs, but there were a couple, notably Arms Warr and Frost DK. Arms had gone the 'BIIIG sloooow hits' route and had no Rage generator, so you sat waiting for autoattacks, this only got worse in WoD and Legion. Frost DK was almost the opposite, it was fast and GCD locked, but it was pretty bland gameplay - hit the shiny button.

Otherwise, my most missed times were Cata-through-Mists Fury Warr and Firelands and Dragon Soul Arms Warr (Warrior main, these were the most fluid and best flow-of-combat versions of these specs that there's been, WoD did terrible terrible things to warriors), the short-lived but much loved Gladiator Warr of early WoD before it was nerfed to the ground and removed, Mists Balance Druid, Shadow Orbs and Mind Spike Shadow Priest, Fire Nova Enhancement Shaman (hilarious AoE), and old Telluric Currents Resto Shaman (talent option made Lightning Bolt return damage dealt as mana, it was amazing to have mana-positive things to be doing during healing downtime, also the scaling made it just bonkers OP when you got geared).

Not that I ever got him to max level, but leveling as a Gnome Warlock with the Dark Apotheosis glyph gave you a Tiny Metamorphosis and Tiny Gnome Demon Wings. *sigh* good times...

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Burst of Speed on rogues in WoD. Going at ground mount speed on foot and in stealth was just plain fun.

Deleted
    Surv hunter from cata to end of wod. Current iteration just isn't fun at all to me. The way they did mm on top of this made me swap away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I main a Holy Priest, I gotta agree with many of you here. MoP Destro Warlock was PERFECT. It only needed a nerf to Rain of Fire ember generation, not completely remove it, though.

Ele Shaman feels so weird with Maelstrom now. I'd rather get Fulmination back again, which is practically the same minus the clunkiness of Maelstrom. It was nice in MoP as well.

I miss MoP Holy Priest too, although it was greatly shadowed by almighty Discipline. I kinda miss Chakras now. They were shiny and visually appealing.

It's gonna be hard for me to forgive Blizz for what they'd done to Survival Hunters. Legion Surv is what BM should have always been. Period.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

BM Hunter at the start of MoP was insanely OP and fun as hell in PVP.

2 stampedes with pet stacking, 2 silencing shots that could silence, 2 intimidations all thanks to anticipation.

I also loved the Arp build MM spec at the tail end of wrath.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-07-22 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    WoD/MoP demonlogy warlocks

I will never forgive Blizzard for deleting my favorite spec.

I would have to say tbc sword spec rogue. Something about swinging a sword like a chain gun was just fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Late WOTLK fire mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I sort of miss hybrid specs of old.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

My two biggest regrets: Gladiator spec for warriors and Tanking demono spec for warlocks (the dream only lasted a short time during beta but it was glorious).

If I had to chose a point of time for each warrior spec, I'd like to get back: MoP Prot warrior, Cata Arms warrior, MoP Fury warrior. (And, again, obv I'd like my WoD Glad warrior back. T_T)
    I can't express how great MoP Prot warrior felt, so many good talents and glyphs. You had a lot of choices and you could micro-manage so many things especially with your banners. I'd be happy to have that build back forever, tbh.

I liked the "I build resource to become a demon" warlock spec and I miss it. I guess I should try shadow priest for this kind of feeling.

MoP 5.4 Elemental Shaman, casting while moving made the game more fun, like a better game of cat and mouse. Melee had a lot of gap closers while ranged classes would use their "filler" spells as casting while moving nukes.

10+ Year Old Account
    lolsmite was always my favorite. A few iterations of disc came close but never really captured the feeling. (That feeling being someone trying to gank you and getting their face melted by a Holy priest.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    MoP Brewmaster monk
    MoP Ele shaman
    MoP destro lock (I think it was perfect back then, why even touch it :[ )

Well, now looking at it, all of these 3 were in MoP... Hmm... gives something to think about :P

Edit:
    Oh, oh! And Demo Lock! Loved chaos wave mastery crits in PvP! *tears*
    MoP class design was so good for tanks (except druids ). I loved BM and Palprot too. The pruning and changes in design philosophy really hurt us bad. We used to have so much tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early wotlk Bm hunter Readiness build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    Surv hunter from cata to end of wod. Current iteration just isn't fun at all to me. The way they did mm on top of this made me swap away.
    Also agree with this.