Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm thinking that few people here know how 911 dispatches work.
    Oh, do enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    but because of a "specific" uh quality of these particular teenagers i bet you republicans will be all up on criminalizing it now
    "Hmm, a completely apolitical story about a tragic death. This seems like as good an opportunity as any to call Republicans racist."
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Damn. Pretty cruel, even by my standards. But what else do you expect from people raised on the trailer trash/ghetto lifestyle?
    Psychopathy of this level doesn't usually come from upbringing or culture, it's usually something inherited.

Waterboard some humanity into the bunch of them.

Not sure if it was brought up yet in the thread but it looks like they may be charged with a misdemeanor.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/flo...man/index.html

"Cocoa Police Chief Michael Cantaloupe said Friday he will recommend the state attorney prosecute the teens under a statute that requires a person with knowledge of a death to notify a medical examiner. The state attorney will decide whether to file the charges, which would be a misdemeanor under that statute."
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2017-07-21 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Not sure if it was brought up yet in the thread but it looks like they may be charged with a misdemeanor.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/flo...man/index.html

"Cocoa Police Chief Michael Cantaloupe said Friday he will recommend the state attorney prosecute the teens under a statute that requires a person with knowledge of a death to notify a medical examiner. The state attorney will decide whether to file the charges, which would be a misdemeanor under that statute."
    The problem with this is that even if they are charged and found guilty, what would the punishment be? Fines or Jail/Juvi would solve nothing except for increasing the chances of them becoming felons and community service wouldn't really do much in changing their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Oh, do enlighten me.

"Hmm, a completely apolitical story about a tragic death. This seems like as good an opportunity as any to call Republicans racist."
    wow putting words in my mouth i see! Never did i even suggest that remotely, i agreed it was bad and maybe it hsould be illegal, and i just said for a few different reasons it might actually become illegal since this is national news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Calling 911 under these circumstances would have no chance whatsoever of saving the man's life, and would be nothing more than informing the authorities for corpse retrieval.

Which, apparently, they did have a legal obligation to do. So, there's that.
    You don't know that. What harm would be there in trying? There wouldn't. Now you're trying to justify shitty behavior. Doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal. If you stand there and watch someone die and not even attempt to save their life you're a piece of shit. And have no honor in your life whatsoever. And are a coward.
    Last edited by Sakred; 2017-07-21 at 11:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They literally dindu nuffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Now you're trying to justify shitty behavior.
    I am not. I have openly called their behavior shitty, and them deplorable.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

You can go into a huge argument about whether or not they should've called for help of some kind, which they should have.

But the even more sickening thing about it is that they recorded it... then had it posted online in one way or another. No sane, actual good human being would've filmed somebody dying and then let it get posted online. That is so deplorable.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2017-07-22 at 12:08 AM.

I don't know where the title of this thread came from, but someone really needs to work on their word usage.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    These scumbags don't deserve to grow up a long the likes of decent people. Send em to juvi. I can't imagine what things they will do to decent people when they are older. It's one thing not to help, but to sit there laughing and not trying to get anyone else to help, says something about them. Despicable. The worse part is they won't learn. They won't change. They'll get away with this and their parents are probably the same type of people who would also sit and laugh while someone dies, so there will be nothing learned here. This man's death should at least serve as a lesson, but instead he will die in vain.
    They'll end up in prison before you know it, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    The problem with this is that even if they are charged and found guilty, what would the punishment be? Fines or Jail/Juvi would solve nothing except for increasing the chances of them becoming felons and community service wouldn't really do much in changing their attitude.
    With that logic, no one should receive punishments ever.

They're certainly assholes.

Thing is, even states that have "duty to act" laws generally don't require you to put yourself at risk. So they might be obligated to call 911 (which face it, in this case wouldn't have mattered much), but they wouldn't be required to try to save him. Hell, depending on how high they were, there's a good chance they wouldn't have been able to anyway.

If I saw someone drowning, I'd call 911. Try to get help. I certainly wouldn't laugh at them. But, I wouldn't be diving in after them either. I can barely swim and definitely not well enough to do so while towing someone else.

imo, I'm no more morally obligated to save someone drowning than I am to save someone by performing open heart surgery. A life guard and a whatever it is they call the surgeons who do open heart surgery's are another matter.

All that aside, those kids are still pretty shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    With that logic, no one should receive punishments ever.
    Because the duty to report is such a hardcore misdemeanor, plus they are children not adults. Its like you put no thought in your retort.
    There are other ways to attempt to rehabilitate without ruining their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Because the duty to report is such a hardcore misdemeanor, plus they are children not adults. Its like you put no thought in your retort.
    There are other ways to attempt to rehabilitate without ruining their lives.
    Why exactly would I put effort into a response against someone who is arguing this people still belong in a civilized society and that juvi shouldn't even exist?

Has anyone pointed out that in Florida, you dont swim in open lakes/ponds because of the gators? Like its a good way to die. So i really dont fault these kids for mocking the dude for swimming, nor really fault them foe not going in themselves to save the man.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Has anyone pointed out that in Florida, you dont swim in open lakes/ponds because of the gators? Like its a good way to die. So i really dont fault these kids for mocking the dude for swimming, nor really fault them foe not going in themselves to save the man.
    The kids are scumbags for laughing...

Honestly though they are young teens.. young teens don't have fully developed brains and things like this can easily be lost on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Isn't this american? He should've pulled himself up by his bootstraps.
    Or learned to swim...

Best case scenario for the kids in the video is a lifetime of serving cheeseburgers and french fries. You can't fix someone who is that stupid and psychologically numb.