in guild wars there were also guild halls iirc(Not Guild wars 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Many forgot that Azeroth is corrupted and right now influenced by the old gods. The old gods could be using Azeroth as a means of communicator for Magni.
    She isn't necessarily corrupted at this point. The planet itself has old gods in it but not at a point of no return.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I never noticed this before, but N'Zoth looks like two dragon heads fused together.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What? Somebody mentioned they could turn Class Halls into Guild Halls and I just said that it's impossible, nothing more or less.
    I mean.... I guess the concept of a big multiplayer space in a zone...?

But yeah, that's like saying they can turn Stormwind into a guild hall.

Sure it's a location where 200 players can hang out, but if that's your standard for a guild hall then you can have one right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She isn't necessarily corrupted at this point. The planet itself has old gods in it but not at a point of no return.
    Curse of flesh is a form of corruption, the Emerald nightmare is also a form of corruption. No matter the degree of corruption is, it iss still a form of corruption and that's the reason why Sargeras called the creatures of Azeroth its corruption. Although the world soul Azeroth hasn't succumbed to a full/total corruption it is because she is fighting against it and trying hard to get rid of of through the world of Warcraft which basically the setting Azeroth as a world and thru Azerothian events and living thing both endemic and foreign but now became a part of her ex. Orcs, Draenei, Elemental lords, etc. At all cost she, the planet and both as a world have to overcome the influence and corruption of the void lords thru the old gods.

So basically Green skinned orcs are corruption, Forsaken has been a form of corruption due to plague and the will of the 1st LK, Worgen being cursed are corruption brought by Arugal and druids of the scythe, the humans are corrupted form of Vrykul, the gnomes and dwarves are corruption ofthe earthen, the bloodelves with fel addiction and mana hungry, the nagas and satyrs. The existence of the well of eternity, the maelstrom is a remnants of corruption brought by the old gods. So many more to mentioned so basically Azeroth is really corrupted. No wonder Sargeras wanted to destroy Azeroth cause if Azeroth succumbs to the power of the void, Azeroth will just be a tool to be used by the void in destroying other worlds and yes those titans will be no match for us.

Think about it, there is no difference of Argus the planet and world soul being used by the burning legion in destroying other life and place in wowverse if us and Azeroth as a planet and world soul becomes fully corrupt. The only difference is we are mighter and we can outwin even the burning legion as what we will do in Argus patch. Sargeras is preventing Azeroth from being full corrupted else it is their doom and titan's doom, they can't even win from us, obviously.

The only time we can call Azeroth corrupt or virus free is if Azeroth is the same replica of how Emerald Dream looks like in its pristine condition sans Emerald nightmare malware/trojan/bug effect.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Once again, why would guild halls be limited to an expansion? If they wanted to do so, the feature could easily be an integral part of the game (the same logic applies to class halls).
    We get new raids, dungeons, pets each expansion. PvP is being constantly tuned and updated from season to season each expansion as well. What would you do with guild halls after expansion has run its course? How would you keep it constantly fresh and actual for any player who plays the game? What is guild halls in your opinion?

Many if asked would say that this is some nice place to hang out with their guildies, but thats also sounds boring as fuck. There are a lot of places in this game that look awesome and people don't hang out there in large quantities and if they do, its because there is some other activity that can be performed, like auction house, or a bank. So, no 'nice place' doesn't work. What else then?

Achievements? They've tried that. Called guild achievements. Pretty useless for everyone. Also guilds tend to die out eventually, even big raiding ones, and once its dead, this is just a chunk of data they have to backup daily for no particular reason.

Guild perks? They've tried that as well. Didn't worked out very well. They had to remove most interesting and useful guild perks when next expansion came out just to avoid people exploiting this system. And this is not a good system when you have to remove content from the game. So they're not going back to that also.

Any more ideas? Also, and I already posted it couple pages back, there are technical considerations. If you make a guild hall into some kind of instanced or phased cool looking space, there will whole bunch of people who will be creating their own guilds just so they can have one exclusively for themselves. And thats hundreds or even thousands of people and instances running daily. Pandaria farm and even garrisons can't be compared to this, because they are much smaller and tbh garrisons were performance nightmare when first released.

So no, I don't think there will be ever guild halls in this game.

edit:
    more thoughts - lets say raiding guilds can have a trophy room in their guild hall. That way it can be actual to the current content - new dungeons and raids released at least every expansion, its also purely cosmetic and doesn't give you any advantage and yet its competitive - you can invite people in to brag and show off. But also it will be a massive source for people whining and complaining about not having this cool feature in their lives, because they don't raid and they can't get into a raiding guild for whatever reason and thus they can't experience it and so on. And Blizz got enough of this shit as it is.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-07-21 at 07:52 PM.

Seeing how Blizzard in their last few expansions have teased the next expansion through their last patch (SoO had iron horde like designs), (HFC had a legion theme), I don't think the next expansion will be Azshara based but instead void lord and N'zoth based. It might have Kul'tiras but I don't think Azshara will be the main villain.

The new dungeon in 7.3 is already teasing a void based expansion and the raid likely will too.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Many forgot that Azeroth is corrupted and right now influenced by the old gods. The old gods could be using Azeroth as a means of communicator for Magni.
    Still going with the Titan being Elune.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Still going with the Titan being Elune.
    But Velen said that Elune and Naarus have similarities. Unfortunately those light aligned beings can go dark side and be void.... Don't tell me that Void lords and end game story will ne vs. Naaru!

But Velen said that Elune and Naarus have similarities. Unfortunately those light aligned beings can go dark side and be void.... Don't tell me that Void lords and end game story will ne vs. Naaru!
    And Tyrande told him to mind his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I thought current canon was that Elune created the Naaru?

If that's the case, she could be made of "stronger stuff" than Naaru and be more difficult to corrupt.

I have a lingering suspicion that Elune isn't just a moon goddess/spirit, but is one of the moons themselves.
    Nah... that's just a theory put forth by Khadgar.

You quoted me. You quoted me without knowing what the person I quoted was talking about. We were not talking about Class Halls AND Guild Halls but Class Halls becoming Guild Halls. And that will never happen due to the most obvious reason possible I already pointed out: not everybody has a guild.

And @Zulkhan already explained why:
    You're most obvious reason is fairly nonsensical, though.

If you choose to not be in a guild in an MMO, than that's that. That doesn't mean they can't cater to people who actually are in a guild.

That's like saying "I don't raid, so making a new raid is stupid, because it doesn't appeal to all player."

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    You're most obvious reason is fairly nonsensical, though.

If you choose to not be in a guild in an MMO, than that's that. That doesn't mean they can't cater to people who actually are in a guild.

That's like saying "I don't raid, so making a new raid is stupid, because it doesn't appeal to all player."
    Read again. If the Guild Hall has some features and is mandatory like the Class Hall (which it will be when we turn the Class Hall into the Guild Hall like someone suggested) it will never find its way into the game. If it's a place to visit with your guild without any purpose it could make it into the game (but it would be useless as well) - that's what I'm saying and that's how Blizzard approaches things.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-22 at 08:11 AM.

Read again. If the Guild Hall has some features and is mandatory like the Class Hall (which it will be when we turn the Class Hall into the Guild Hall like someone suggested) it will never find its way into the game. If it's a place to visit with your guild without any purpose it could make it into the game (but it would be useless as well).
    The only thing Guild halls and Class halls have in common, are the word "hall". That's probably it. Guild halls should never be about mandatory guild features, but about cosmetic rewards, customization und socialzing.

It would make no sense whatsoever to gate important gameplay stuff behind something, so that's a given. Then you have stuff like Pet Battles, that is also a fairly useless feature, yet it has a huge fanbase.

The only thing Guild halls and Class halls have in common, are the word "hall". That's probably it. Guild halls should never be about mandatory guild features, but about cosmetic rewards, customization und socialzing.
    Sorry, but at this point, anything 'cosmetic' will be treated as mandatory to be in a guild. And if you think its not hard, think again, because the most awesome cosmetic features will be locked behind raid achievements and such.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Sorry, but at this point, anything 'cosmetic' will be treated as mandatory to be in a guild. And if you think its not hard, think again, because the most awesome cosmetic features will be locked behind raid achievements and such.
    Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make.

Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make.
    You are saying that "Guild halls should never be about mandatory guild features" and then add that it should be about "cosmetic rewards". Well, my point is that cosmetic rewards are fucking mandatory guild features. And I kinda wish they would implement it like that, so you could enjoy all the whining in the world, when some casuals can't kill mythic something to get transmog set as their 'cosmetic reward'.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-07-22 at 09:15 AM.

They have gated cosmetic rewards in every aspect of the game...
    so you think they should add more?

edit: the fact that they have gated rewards is the main source for a lot of toxicity in the community - the whole casuals vs. elitists, not to mention all the gold being spent to buy gear and stuff otherwise inaccessible to some players. if anything I would expect them to try to get rid of this stuff, not to promote even more of this.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-07-22 at 10:37 AM.

No one views alternate artifact appearances, specific mounts, pvp prestige rewards, xmog sets, etc. as mandatory in the game.
    Thats probably because you're a rational adult. Try that with 12yo who seems to be their target audience. And if no one views it as mandatory, why certain guilds are able to make that much gold from selling raids and associated achievements? I mean if you can't do something on your own, you probably don't need it very much, not to mention that these achievements and gear are literally useless to them, yet they spend insane amount of gold to buy it. The only explanation is that they feel it as mandatory, regardless of your rationale.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-07-22 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    so you think they should add more?

edit: the fact that they have gated rewards is the main source for a lot of toxicity in the community - the whole casuals vs. elitists, not to mention all the gold being spent to buy gear and stuff otherwise inaccessible to some players. if anything I would expect them to try to get rid of this stuff, not to promote even more of this.
    You said it yourself, just think the opposite now - everyone can get anything, elitists complain that there is nothing worth getting in game that feels prestigious and the cycle continues.

Blizz does it to have content for people to strive for, that takes time to complete hence prolonging the game before one says there is nothing to do at all and quit like Warlords of Draenor sorta...