Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can never have enough elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't understand how any of those races have anything to do with the population of high elves.

And it's not really an argument. The argument is that they don't want to put in high elves because then they will literally have the exact same thing on Alliance as they do on Horde except their eye color will be different, not to mention that adding such a race in an expansion would be lame as hell. "Woo, Horde get ogres or some shit, Alliance gets Blood Elves but with blue non-glowy eyes". WOOOOOOOOO EXCITING

- - - Updated - - -

it's true though sooooo......
    The Horde gets playable ogres; the Alliance gets neutral blood elves. Yes, it's a logical move, and with the release of the Pandaren, there's no reason as to why the Sin'dorei shouldn't be neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The Horde gets playable ogres; the Alliance gets neutral blood elves. Yes, it's a logical move, and with the release of the Pandaren, there's no reason as to why the Sin'dorei shouldn't be neutral.
    It's only logical if you have some kind of weird obsession with high elves and think "man, you know what this game could use more of? Elves. That's the ticket."
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I really don't see a ogre or a ethereal becoming next playable race i mean how could you transmog a female of either to look arousing and pleasureful so yeah they will most likely stick to general sub-humanoid like categorized races and a high elf would fit that character well just check your local dnd book im sure you will find plenty of races to suggest.
    You know not everything has to involve fanservice. I mean if every female had to be fap material we wouldn't have playable Tauren. Or Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd like to see all races go Neutral like Pandaren, giving us all the option to pick which faction we'd like to fight for. I think faction loyalties should depend on the player and not the race.
    This has been my wish since I played the Pandaren starting zone. I know it will never happen but it's still on my wish list.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    You're such a troll! You forgot the Goblins are running everything in Azeroth they control it.
    What? Those are just short green elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The population argument went out the door the minute they brought in the Goblins, Worgen, Trolls, and Pandaren.
    All of which have populations far higher than High elves.

Quelthalas was not a highly populace society to begin with. In many fantasy worlds elves just don't breed in great numbers. Gilneas doesn't have many people dead, Pandaren wandering isle have a greater population than high elf. So do Trolls.

High elves are so rare that to see one would be a shock. That's how rare they are, it's likely only in the hundreds or maybe even a thousand left maximum. While there's likely at least tens of thousands everything else minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    All of which have populations far higher than High elves.

Quelthalas was not a highly populace society to begin with. In many fantasy worlds elves just don't breed in great numbers. Gilneas doesn't have many people dead, Pandaren wandering isle have a greater population than high elf. So do Trolls.

High elves are so rare that to see one would be a shock. That's how rare they are, it's likely only in the hundreds or maybe even a thousand left maximum. While there's likely at least tens of thousands everything else minimum.
    Population argument doesn't work because the questing exp now is about how you are a hero, how many other members of your race aren't relevant anymore, goblin shows that more than anything, you and a handful of shipwreck survivors make it to Org and fight for the horde. But there are so many other Goblins in the Horde post lost isles? it isn't relevant when picking a race to be a hero.

As a horde player I see just as many Alliance NPC's that are identified as High Elves, as I do any other race.

Here's why High Elves can't/won't be added.
    1. The fact that it hasn't happened yet means Blizzards has no intention of doing it.
    2. Giving Alliance players access to a model that was purely horde is unfair to horde, there are less options to give horde and alliance only model, as there is just less lore to work with.
    3. Alliance High elves probably work better in the fabled sub-race paradigm, and that system is probably a taller order than us players want to believe.

Even if it would make sense lorewise, it would still be a terrible idea for the game. First of all it would take something away from the Horde, which was exclusive to them. Which also happens to be their most popular race. Which brings me to my second point. On Horde side we are already flooded with these Elves. Whenever I play a BG, I'm quite often surrounded by almost nothing but Elves. Now imagine High Elves on the Alliance side and how this BG will look. Elves, Elves, Elves everywhere. Or imagine Dalaran. It will take away immersion.
    I understand people like to play a pretty Elf, they are there. Play a Blood Elf, or play a Night Elf. But please let it be something original when new races are introduced.

I really dont care is marmots become a playable race now as long as blizz makes the limit of playable toons from 50 to 100!!

Yes i gotta alot of alts thanks to WoD

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Would play Vegan Elf.

Bro this Mana isn't gluten free. I don't understand how you eat those manaworms, they were raised in captivity. I'm trying this new CrossFit place on the border of plague lands. I have to go up to Silvermoon this weekend, those Blood Elves make 100% natural hemp robes, they breathe so well.
    Gluten-Free and Vegan are not the same thing.

Nice job copy pasting from Reddit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Yeah i get it, you had success on reddit so you thought you will post it here.. Well people complain about a lot of things. Trolls have no beard, almost every horde race is hunched. no shit that people want customization in RPG game.

edit: If High elves still exist in lore, then i see no reason to not add them.. Same as Mag'har orcs or taunka or whatever.
    So much this. Non-hunched orcs were fucking warcraft cannon before WoW butchered them with monkey-like models. (((

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The funny thing is that its true.
    The funnier thing is that high elves will never be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Except for the ones that didn't though, this is a bad argument. In game High elves are Alliance friendly (no duh right?) If alliance wants to be that type of elf, and not be the night elf, currently its tough luck. Requesting them is their attempt to get the in-game fantasy they want.
    Witch ones? Those 10 elves that went alliance?
    Your argument is even worst man.
    Wanna play High Elf play Horde saide!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    High Elves would be a sub-race to Blood Elves, meaning they'd go to the Horde side.
    I am actually pretty sure lorewise High elves are still on the side of the alliance. first of all, There have always been High elves in SW and the like. And in cata, the high elves of dire maul Rejoined the alliance, It was a pretty big thing politic wise. (which is also on a lore gameplay reason why Night elves can be mages, which they swore never to use, but it been traninen by the high elves.)

Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    How about put the complete information?

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven. Around 25,000 true high elves remain, most of whom cling to the Alliance trying to restore the glory of their once great people.
    Ok im tired of false info by alliance players. So some info from blizz webpage.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/races/blood-elf
    Read the damm thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    High elves are in the game already. They're a Horde race called Blood Elves. 90% of the high elves were killed in the Third War and of the remaining population 90% joined the Horde and called themselves Blood Elves. That doesn't leave very many high elves in the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

There were a lot more interned orcs than there are high elves.
    It's also kind of hard to work with that kind of lore when Horde playable goblins were locked up in one small boat, and Horde playable pandaren fit into a single hot air balloon to fly from the Wandering Isle to Orgrimmar. Worgen too. Didn't they escape from Gilneas on one boat and land at the dock town beneath Darnassus?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

if someone cries, make a thread about it. They will be happy then.
    hit & run posting lol

Copied from the Warcraft Encyclopedia,

In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves did not gather in any significant numbers, nor did they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture—only a past filled with glory and regret.

Soooo that's not happening.