View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 1 of 36
... LastLast
    Deleted

Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

First of all let me say "i do not want transmog to be removed from the game"
    If anything, i want new ways to bring excitement to *new items*

Now, with that out of the way, "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"

In the times of "pre transmog" there was surely an excitment once you completed your 5 tier set because you were now part of the "i look cool Club" instead of being part of the "i look like a Clown Club"

For example, now, in Legion. When you acquired a complete set of tier. Did you feel cool like in the old days? Did you change your Transmog?

Do you think there needs to be "new ways" to bring excitement to new items because of Transmog?

----------------------------------------------
    edit:
    The problem with Transmog is:
    If at the beginning of the expansion you have a transmog you like better than any tier released in the new expansion >>> You will spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item "looks-wise"

----------------------------------------------
    edit2:

If in the entire expansion there is no "new look" you like then you will spend 2 years without being excited about anything "visually" which is a BIG part of the game. Just look at the many die hard transmog fans out there.
    I think that fact is disturbing and it happens a lot because there are hundreds of old transmogs at your disposal more than new.

If a system was in place...i don't know what...some kind of system like MoP CM sets with flashy new animations on spells this wouldn't be a problem. You would always want something new of the current expansion!

Thats all i wanted to say.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 09:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. If a new tier set looks cool, it's worth completing for transmog. If not, I wouldn't have been excited for it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate all transmog and wish it to be removed. unfun!
    Hi

Because those 2 choices aren't biased or anything.

Either one you click you are admitting that it has disadvantages. Not surprised though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No. If a new tier set looks cool, it's worth completing for transmog. If not, I wouldn't have been excited for it anyway.
    But you were always part of the "I look cool Club" instead of the "I look like a CLown Club"

It was always nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I do not believe it ruined it. And no, I do not miss wearing shit ton of mismatched gear like another member of the carnival. And I didn't vote, as there to me, is only advantage of having transmoging. If I like the tier sets of any current content, then I'll get it and maybe mog to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i hate all transmog and wish it to be removed. unfun!
    A friend of mine refuses to transmog no matter what.
    He is really "oldschool"

I can't resist and i always transmog ofcourse...like everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, I do not believe it ruined it. And no, I do not miss wearing shit ton of mismatched gear like another member of the carnival.
    This. I can use the current tier Shaman Set because of it. The appearance belt is a downgrade for example but I have it so I can use it.

Vanilla dps warrior:

Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Vanilla dps warrior:

Damn shame they never introduced Transmog back then.

Transmog has enhanced the excitement of new items for me, because I can keep all of them forever (even if I don't quite like their looks, it's a collectible).

Before transmog, there were times that new items would ruin my life with awful looking looks. There's nothing worse than being stuck looking like a clown just because the item is way better. It just wrecks the enjoyment of your character.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But you were always part of the "I look cool Club" instead of the "I look like a CLown Club"

It was always nice.
    I'm sorry but that's stupid. Now you can always be part of the I look cool club , with transmog you have 100s of choice to how pimp out you character , with different colours and models , etc. When a new set comes out you still have to collect it , and once you have you have it forever . Without transmog , there was no customisation, you just wore what you got. Regardless of whether you like it or not.
    Get a complete mythic set on current content if you are so vain as you need to be "cool".

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Vanilla dps warrior:

Oh dear lord, you are giving me nightmares about then..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Damn shame they never introduced Transmog back then.
    i think he looks cool!

nice super mega bias poll options you have there.

Where is the 'did not ruin excitement at all'?..for example

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Now, with that out of the way, "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"
    Nope.
    If the new set is cool it worth to be collected for current/future transmog schemes, so, yes, it can bring excitement ("wooow, blizz made a pretty cool new stuff, need it badly to refresh my transmog!")
    If the new set isn't cool it can't bring the excitement any way regardless of transmog availability ("oh, noes, blizz released another piece of sh*t which I forced to see on my char for a whole tier duration!" or "oh, noes, blizz released another piece of sh*t. Likely I can transmog it and forget about it")

So transmog is a pure win in any situation.

Although I like transmog, I also liked when I could just look at a player and know almost everything about their gear without even inspecting.

Now the only way to do that is through their hp, so that you can maybe get a small idea of their ilvl.

Honestly I really don't care how my character looks like or if the colors don't match. And I think the game is too much focused on cosmetic items now (wardrobe, collection tabs, etc.). I play the game to kill bosses with friends not to find the nail polish to goes well with my handbag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    I'm sorry but that's stupid. Now you can always be part of the I look cool club.
    That's where i see the problem.
    You see, now everyone is cool.
    So there is no excitement in new items.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no disadvantage. If you want to look like a clown then don't transmog, simple.

Players were always "cool" no matter how you put it. We had holiday items, toys, and rare items that were worn without the transmog system.