Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Like these protest work, it's just an excuse to angry people to stand on the street and shout stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    In America, we don't have issues with people that practice the Muslim faith integrating into society as a whole. What we do have a problem with is sensationalist news companies pushing their own agendas.
    Oh I always forget, news we don't like, news that we can't accept the truth of, has to be neglected and thrown under the bus; otherwise we might actually have to acknowledge that something is an issue that some people aren't knowledgeable that their actions can do harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Saying things like "no more muslims" isn't the same as "no shariah law"

Also, lol@ “I don't believe Islam can peacefully co-exist with the Constitution... I'm not going to tell them they can come here and take away my Second Amendment right."

I don't think I could write a more paranoid bit of zenophobic conservative clap-trap if I tried.
    Would any of the terror attacks exist over the last 20 years without Islam? Don't overthink the question, just answer.

I don't get these protests to be honest and the notion that "the left" is even more retarded because of these counter-protests is plain stupid. Just look at the guy holding a "No more muslims" sign and you'll see that the whole sharia thing is just a cheap excuse. Everbody should know that. Same goes for white supremacists showing off their "pride" which is of course in no way connected to hate for certain minorities... Then again distaste and distrust for muslim citizens is on the rise and seems to be a common phenomenon these days (even amongst people who coexisted peacefully for years). The whole debate has become so polemic that the old arguments simply don't work anymore. Divide et impera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Would any of the terror attacks exist over the last 20 years without Islam? Don't overthink the question, just answer.
    Yes.

Simple enough?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't get these protests to be honest and the notion that "the left" is even more retarded because of these counter-protests is plain stupid. Just look at the guy holding a "No more muslims" sign and you'll see that the whole sharia thing is just a cheap excuse. Everbody should know that. Same goes for white supremacists showing off their "pride" which is of course in no way connected to hate for certain minorities... Then again distaste and distrust for muslim citizens is on the rise and seems to be a common phenomenon these days (even amongst people who coexisted peacefully for years). The whole debate has become so polemic that the old arguments simply don't work anymore. Divide et impera.
    The odd thing is, since neither side wants Sharia law, the counter protest could have been about womens rights in the middle east or the USA stopping dealing with the Saudi's or whatever. Sharia law has no legal basis certainly, but I'm sure there's communities that enforce such things on a cultural level in the USA. Most such punishments are probably just never reported, think of the Amish. Of course, the Amish aren't expansionist or immigrating in numbers, so people don't give a damn about their crap.

I'm sure there's plenty of racists, no doubt, and I'm sure most of the "counter protests" just hate Trump and came out for that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

If your protesting an anti sharia law demonstration doesn't that make you pro sharia law?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Saying things like "no more muslims" isn't the same as "no shariah law"

Also, lol@ “I don't believe Islam can peacefully co-exist with the Constitution... I'm not going to tell them they can come here and take away my Second Amendment right."

I don't think I could write a more paranoid bit of zenophobic conservative clap-trap if I tried.
    It was about a year ago that one of the big ISIS leaders told all ISIS faithfuls in America "Look, guns are incredibly easy to acquire because americans are stupid and fearful, go out and buy a bunch and hand them out to our operatives over there and kill Americans!"

ISIS loves the second amendment.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    If your protesting an anti sharia law demonstration doesn't that make you pro sharia law?
    No because anyone with a functioning brain knows its just a thin veil behind protests real intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    No because anyone with a functioning brain knows its just a thin veil behind protests real intention.
    Nice Pun! Very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    We always have to take into account which side of the political spectrum is writing the story we are reading. That way we can get some sort of perspective and realign it to a more neutral stance.
    This is basically the middle ground fallacy.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    It was about a year ago that one of the big ISIS leaders told all ISIS faithfuls in America "Look, guns are incredibly easy to acquire because americans are stupid and fearful, go out and buy a bunch and hand them out to our operatives over there and kill Americans!"

ISIS loves the second amendment.
    Yeah banning guns worked great in paris... no massacres there right chap?