View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would say no since even clearing the hardest difficulty of each tier I can not think of a single one where I had a matching set of armor.

I do kind of miss being able to visually tell where a person is beyond mythic raiders and elite pvpers. still that is a small price to pay.

Deleted
    Talking about my experience:

No, their new loot system has ruined the excitement. The fact the highest difficulties are no longer the thing, that gives the best loot. (The Helmet I am wearing since forever now is a Normal Mode Helmet, that proced 915 on the first few IDs of NH.)
    And I am not even a Mythic Raider anymore (another story for another day), so I am not asking for "my" type of content being the best and only source of the best gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    No, their new loot system has ruined the excitement.
    Agree with this one. Now you can have a mythic quality gear just for facerolling LFR. It don't motivate people to go further -> harder to find a proper raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's where i see the problem.
    You see, now everyone is cool.
    So there is no excitement in new items.
    Like I said , get the current full mythic tier set , there's a fuck few of those around , so there's your excitement and the opportunity to be a cool snowflake.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Like I said , get the current full mythic tier set , there's a fuck few of those around , so there's your excitement and the opportunity to be a cool snowflake.
    But i will never be able to complete Mythic difficulty nor will the majority of people
    At my best i'm able to do Normal mode xD

Transmog has been one of the most successfull additions to the game, on par with achievements. There are no downsides that are not opinions with heavy bias.
    It's still just as awesome to complete a tier set - much moreso now, that you can actually WEAR that new tier set.
    Before you had to pray and get lucky and loot all 5 items, of the same colour pallet to look like you wore a tier. The moment you entered a new raid, or a better item that was non-tier dropped, you are right back to looking like a clown.

If you are purely basing your opinion on how your character looks - a new item upgrade dropping would make you frustrated more often than happy, because there would be such a high chance it did not have any cohesive look with your set - unless you were raiding the same raid in the same difficulty for weeks, and completing the set that drops from there, new item drops would often not be completing a set. A mage looting a sweet cloth item might be wearing a priest or warlock lookalike, or even if it's a mage item, it may be recolour of their tier rather than a cohesive item.

Transmog, and especially the new "wardrobe collection" system update in Legion, has given raiders the ability to actually look good more than 10% of the time at the end of a raiding tier cycle.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Now a days you really need the weapon to fit the transmog as well, the armor isn't enough.

You'd have to be really hung up in the past with your nostalgia googles so foggy you can't see shit straight if you don't like transmog. Jesus Christ, OP, the name of this thread and your posts in it gave me a mild sort of cancer. One that doesn't kill you but just annoys you for the rest of your life. That's how stupid your thread is.

Not liking transmog, fucking get out of here. Take your biased pool with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not excited for new armour sets because they mostly look like overdesigned trash nowadays. Bring back the likes of the WoLK sets and I'd gladly wear the new armour.

Until then, I'd much rather continue looking like this:

Instead of this:

Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    You'd have to be really hung up in the past with your nostalgia googles so foggy you can't see shit straight if you don't like transmog. Jesus Christ, OP, the name of this thread and your posts in it gave me a mild sort of cancer. One that doesn't kill you but just annoys you for the rest of your life. That's how stupid your thread is.

Not liking transmog, fucking get out of here. Take your biased pool with you.
    I knew your reaction would be of the most people here because...who wouldn't want to look cool?

But "looking bad" was kinda of a "hidden incentive" to raid. You didn't feel acomplished looking like a clown and it was fun to progressively start looking cool...until you finally looked cool and you were happy.

It was kinda of a quest every time a new raid was released. It was fun...in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they look good, I incorporate them into a mog.
    If they don't look good, I don't want them visible.

I refuse to go back to skittles gear.

I think maybe it's the abundance of tiers available now.

Before, you had to play at high level to at all look cool. Now if you can't equip current tier, you can at least still look cool in one of the 12 other tier sets. Or pvp sets. Or class-specific transmog sets.

Deleted
    Hell no. Transmog is the only thing WoW actually does really better than the competition. It must be kept in. The game needs it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Transmog was the best thing to ever happen in this game.....
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/IjclJtz.jpg

Transmog was the best thing to ever happen in this game.....
    It was the "quest" from looking like that to looking EPIC that made it so great.

You see, for a "quest" to happen you must first feel bad in order to feel good...later.

If you already feel good in the beginning of the expansion...then why continue playing the game?

Am i the only one seeing a problem? At least 8 other people understand me xDDDD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 11:29 AM.

there is no disadvantage at all
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I love Tmog, but I believe that it makes Blizzard lazy in terms of how newer gear looks, especially tier gear. I rarely want tmogs that come from legion content.

It's a ridiculous notion and a ridiculous thread. There are no "disadvantages" to transmog whatsoever. It only makes collecting gear and completing sets even more fun. Anyone who thinks differently is a ridiculous person. Like the OP.

I clicked " The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages " but it has no disadvantages for me.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It was the "quest" from looking like that to looking EPIC that made it so great.

You see, for a "quest" to happen you must first feel bad in order to feel good...later.

If you already feel good in the beginning of the expansion...then why continue playing the game?

Am i the only one seeing a problem? At least 8 other people understand me xDDDD
    That's a load of rubbish, if you've found a transmog set that you love, why not use it?

If you truly feel that way, don't transmog your questing gear.

Oh no, my character looks cool before I have the newest raiding gear!!! Better quit the game, or better still, complain on fan forums.
    Me not that kind of Orc!