Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Similarly if Sessions were just a pawn in all of this he'd likely have much better memory of it when he testified before congress..
    Yeah, this is what makes all the defenses fall apart. If the Trump team did nothing wrong at all and their meetings with Russians were 100% benign, then why are they lying about them so much? You only lie if you're hiding something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yeah, this is what makes all the defenses fall apart. If the Trump team did nothing wrong at all and their meetings with Russians were 100% benign, then why are they lying about them so much? You only lie if you're hiding something.
    Never forget: this is Stupid Watergate. Not everything will make sense.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...08453560184832

Trump is not denying it. Claims it's an intelligence leak and that the leaks need to stop.

So, guess Sessions gets no defense(not even an autistic "FAKE NEWS" screech) from the big man. Just thrown under the boss for Trump's anger at leaks/the media.

Also lends some credence to the idea that Trump is the leaker trying to force Sessions out.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-07-22 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Trump is not denying it. Claims it's an intelligence leak and that the leaks need to stop.

So, guess Sessions gets no defense(not even an autistic "FAKE NEWS" screech) from the big man. Just thrown under the boss for Trump's anger at leaks/the media.

Also lends some credence to the idea that Trump is the leaker trying to force Sessions out.
    Amazon Washington Post?

... Do they have 2-day shipping on impeachments?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Amazon Washington Post?

I don't think so, but I hear they have a deal on AG resignations.

The irony in that this link would have come directly from Trump's immediate camp. No one else benefits from this information except Trump to give him a smokescreen to use when firing Sessions.

It's just him and his people leaking shit then trying to feign ignorance and use it to continue the attack on the media. It's getting really pathetic and predictable but his base is eating it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post

Now, I would think that folks like the OP would question the veracity of the Russian Ambassadors account of his meeting with Sessions, given their complete distrust of "the Russians" - but instead they are willing to buy this story hook, line, and sinker. They are willing to betray their convictions, at the drop of hat, because it bolsters their overall narrative - to destroy Trump, at all costs (including their convictions.)

They don't stop to think for one second that Kislyak KNOWS he is being recorded by US intel (hell, we all know from the Flynn intercepts that US intel is recording everyone - and the people being recorded know it as well) and he purposely mischaracterized the meeting specifically to do what the anti-Trumpers scream about - to undermine our democracy. They are so blinded by their hatred for Trump, they don't even realize that they are ones actually being manipulated by Russian propaganda.

In their Quixotic mission to destroy Trump, it is laughable to watch the antii-Trumpers sell out their convictions and beliefs for a measly scrap of leaked intel that was designed to sow the very discord it has.

The only thing that is even of any note in all of this is that, once again, someone in the intel community has committed a MAJOR felony and released classified information. The people leaking the info (just like the phone calls between Trump/Mexico/Australia) need to be arrested, indicted, convicted, and forced to serve the maximum prison penalty with no chance of parole.
    But why stop there? Surely you can put Hillary into that theory too. Maybe she set the whole thing up?
    Anyway, the hypocrisy that you are trying to accuse people here is based entirely on the assumption that the Russian in question knew that he was at that specific time being spied upon. Of course, without knowing the details, it is impossible to rule that out - or to prove it. The Flynn stuff you cite is pretty much stuff everyone knows was tapped, but that does not extend to all communication, ever. Assuming that the US is not only capable of recording everyone at all time but also does so is both bold and unsubstantiated.
    On the other hand, those people you are irked about cannot with full certainty rule out that it is planted information, that is true. But that is them making an assumption, namely that Krysliak was telling the truth in that instance. Both of you assume a thing and deny the other possibility.
    However, there is no hypocrisy, even if you assert this. Distrusting Russian officials when they deny accusations or talk to people not on their side is consistent with believing that they would speak the truth to their allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The irony in that this link would have come directly from Trump's immediate camp. No one else benefits from this information except Trump to give him a smokescreen to use when firing Sessions.

It's just him and his people leaking shit then trying to feign ignorance and use it to continue the attack on the media. It's getting really pathetic and predictable but his base is eating it up.
    Yeah, it's really looking like Trump has someone leak this to oust Sessions. It's just too coincidental.

Trump bashes Sessions to the NYT, Sessions refuses to resign, later that day a leak exposing Sessions comes out? Nah, way too coincidental, this was planned. Likely by Trump because it's haphazard and stupid as fuck.

I just hope Sessions continues to refuse to resign and Trump is forced to fire him.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-07-22 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most corrupt, back stabbing, insane, and unqualified administration ever.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    We literally live in a political environment where its 100% plausible for the suspects to leak their own dirt. The Fed is a hot stinking mess right now. If thinks keep going the way they are I suspect full on in fighting among the Trump Administration by September.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    We literally live in a political environment where its 100% plausible for the suspects to leak their own dirt. The Fed is a hot stinking mess right now. If thinks keep going the way they are I suspect full on in fighting among the Trump Administration by September.
    Trump just showed the world that loyalty to him means fucking nothing. He's going to have a hell of a time trying to get people to stay loyal to him, especially as things get hotter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Your conspiracy theory ignores the fact
    By definition they all do, and by action all of Trump's rabid fanbase does.

People, please, stop feeding trolls. Ransath has a long history of flat-out making stuff up in the most ridiculous way just to make it seem his God Emperor has some redeeming qualities. For example, he just posted that Trump is trying to destroy the American health care system just to create single player -- a kind of 4D chess move with zero evidence, in fact has negative evidence, plus Trump hasn't done anything with health care, including promoting the plan on his website.

Just ignore him. He's not worth your time.

Amazon Washington Post?

I'm sure he meant "Amazing" and just misspelled or auto correction kicked in

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump just showed the world that loyalty to him means fucking nothing.
    Which makes the stories of Trump yelling at his staff that he should have kept Flynn even more disturbing. If Trump shows, by word and deed, that loyalty to him pays nothing -- see also Chris Christie -- then why was he so attached to Flynn?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    That's an understatement.

@lockedout -

You know what I find interesting?

For six straight months anti-Trumpers, like the OP, have been screaming about "the Russians", basically inferring that any person of Russian nationality that has come into contact with President Trump, or anyone he has ever known, is somehow connected to "the Kremlin." They believe all "Russians" are suspect, that you cannot trust ANY Russian or ANYTHING they may say or do. After all, every "Russian" is just a puppet for Putin.

So, now, along comes a story about the former Ambassador for Russia, being spyed on by U.S. intelligence (wait... I thought only Russia did the spying? You mean we do that too?) and they supposedly have Kislyak on tape contradicting Session's statements about his contacts with "the Russians".

Now, I would think that folks like the OP would question the veracity of the Russian Ambassadors account of his meeting with Sessions, given their complete distrust of "the Russians" - but instead they are willing to buy this story hook, line, and sinker. They are willing to betray their convictions, at the drop of hat, because it bolsters their overall narrative - to destroy Trump, at all costs (including their convictions.)

They don't stop to think for one second that Kislyak KNOWS he is being recorded by US intel (hell, we all know from the Flynn intercepts that US intel is recording everyone - and the people being recorded know it as well) and he purposely mischaracterized the meeting specifically to do what the anti-Trumpers scream about - to undermine our democracy. They are so blinded by their hatred for Trump, they don't even realize that they are ones actually being manipulated by Russian propaganda.

As the article said:

In their Quixotic mission to destroy Trump, it is laughable to watch the antii-Trumpers sell out their convictions and beliefs for a measly scrap of leaked intel that was designed to sow the very discord it has.

The only thing that is even of any note in all of this is that, once again, someone in the intel community has committed a MAJOR felony and released classified information. The people leaking the info (just like the phone calls between Trump/Mexico/Australia) need to be arrested, indicted, convicted, and forced to serve the maximum prison penalty with no chance of parole.
    Honestly, as an outsider your post makes a decent amount of sense.

Having thought about it I basically just dislike Trump so much that even if this is part of a bigger game of 4D chess played by the Russians if it hurts Trump I'll take it. Yea, I'm short sighted and petty sometimes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, Trump went on a Tweeting spree.

Someone's a little butthurt.

Which is funny because it's all a put on. His direct camp are the ones who leaked the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account

Its a glorious timeline. I like to imagine mass tweeting from some closet while WH scrambles to find him and take his phone away.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its a glorious timeline. I like to imagine mass tweeting from some closet while WH scrambles to find him and take his phone away.
    I'm not sure I understand the one about NYT foiling an attempt to kill Al-Baghdadi...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Honestly, as an outsider your post makes a decent amount of sense.

Having thought about it I basically just dislike Trump so much that even if this is part of a bigger game of 4D chess played by the Russians if it hurts Trump I'll take it. Yea, I'm short sighted and petty sometimes!
    His assertion admits that Trump administration did exactly what is being accused of, but it's not Trump's fault because he got tricked by Russians. I know he said a lot, but that's what it actually means, if you follow his thought.

In a dichotomy of Russia tricking multiple Trump team members, to hurt America, doesn't actually help Trump's team at all. It doesn't mean that Trump's team didn't act on it, it just shows their willingness in colluding was so great, that they ignored a Russian plan, that a random Internet poster can figure out. It doesn't make Trump's team innocent, it just means they were gullible in trying to do exactly what they are accused of.

Form Trump supporters, that theory means 'I finally admit that Trump colluded with Russia, but it's not his fault, his whole team was tricked'. Authorities don't care if the crimes you commit are because you know your cohort is honest or is tricking you to commit the crime.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I understand the one about NYT foiling an attempt to kill Al-Baghdadi...
    I love the 'no ideas from Democrats'... What exactly does he think ACA is?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi