Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You are very anti consumer.
    No I'm not anti-consumer I just know how the market works unlike you. Also I don't pay full price for games ether. Thanks to things like Best Buy/Amazon and even trading games in at Gamestop I get the game cheap and dev's get the money they wanted.

Games release with issues and those issues 9 times out of 10 get fixed. If you wait 6 months to get a game off a steam sell you got no right to bitch that other games don't get a port.

GTAV took years to get a PC port and sold like crazy. JRPG's don't sell well on PC just like they didn't on Xbox.

Last two tales games sold like shit on PC (those are also JRPG's).

Once again want to know why PC's don't get ports or get late ports.....SELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with being Anti-Consumer, I am just stating a fact you clearly don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

[
    Yes, but to call it a full JRPG is being a tad dishonest here.
    And this is how we know you don't know shit about the game or what a JRPG is. Ya I'm done talking with you now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but to call it a full JRPG is being a tad dishonest here.
    Not even a little bit. It is a Japanese RPG in the subgenre Action RPG. The JRPG label has evolved way past the traditional turn based nature of games like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No I'm not anti-consumer I just know how the market works unlike you. Also I don't pay full price for games ether. Thanks to things like Best Buy/Amazon and even trading games in at Gamestop I get the game cheap and dev's get the money they wanted.

Games release with issues and those issues 9 times out of 10 get fixed. If you wait 6 months to get a game off a steam sell you got no right to bitch that other games don't get a port.

GTAV took years to get a PC port and sold like crazy. JRPG's don't sell well on PC just like they didn't on Xbox.

Once again want to know why PC's don't get ports or get late ports.....SELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with being Anti-Consumer, I am just stating a fact you clearly don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is how we know you don't know shit about the game or what a JRPG is. Ya I'm done talking with you now.
    1. I dont think the first bold is very true. You seem to be unaware on how exclusivity works as an industry standard
    2. As to the second bold, I am unsure how greatly that differs from a steam sale.
    3. for the third I feel this is just anti consumer. What if I missed the initial hype train and got it because the deal looked nice?
    4. For the fourth, GTA is GTA a huge brand. Once again you seem to be unaware of market analysis, or stats in general. GTA, Skyrim, those guys would be outliers, they are cultural phenomenons.
    5. They tend to not sell them new on PC. People like new.
    6. Im glad you didnt specify which games you meant. I am not familiar with every single game and did ask you for clarification. They are the only JRPGs you used as examples. I was unaware that GTA was a JRPG
    7. You keep saying sells when I think you mean sales. Yet you get games on sale or used on Amazon. Please let me continue to say that you have a very anti consumer mentality. Jim sterling would be displeased.

I am glad you dont want to talk to me anymore. I just cant offer you the hugs and kisses sony gives for exclusivity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not even a little bit. It is a Japanese RPG in the subgenre Action RPG. The JRPG label has evolved way past the traditional turn based nature of games like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.
    I mean if you want to be very literal, its a game with RPG elements made in Japan.

Its much closer to an action game with RPG elements.

I am glad you dont want to talk to me anymore. I just cant offer you the hugs and kisses sony gives for exclusivity.
    Good one got any mamma jokes or something u want to insert here as well? Got any proof Sony paid for them to be exclusive if not run along child and this thread can go back to being about Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good one got any mamma jokes or something u want to insert here as well? Got any proof Sony paid for them to be exclusive if not run along child and this thread can go back to being about Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Because of how the industry normally works. Want the deed to the Brooklyn bridge? Plus weren't you done talking to me? Also please, child? Come on JT I gave you fair arguments and you meet me with insults.

Because of how the industry normally works. Want the deed to the Brooklyn bridge? Plus weren't you done talking to me? Also please, child? Come on JT I gave you fair arguments and you meet me with insults.
    When have u done this? Still wanting for some proof to such claims. Saying "how the industry normally works" isn't proof. Its a statement and is a statement that is easy to disprove since when something does go exclusive its easy to look up and prove (DR3 on XB1 for example).

You know what is a industry standard? Company's liking sells and PC JRPG's selling like shit and that's why they don't get many ports of those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    When have u done this? Still wanting for some proof to such claims. Saying "how the industry normally works" isn't proof. Its a statement and is a statement that is easy to disprove since when something does go exclusive its easy to look up and prove (DR3 on XB1 for example).
    Well, like I told you I am not privy to what Sony does internally. They tend to not make things public for good reasons. One of which is to not let companies know what deals they could get. Why is Square getting X, I as Capcom want X too.

For example. Bayonetta 2 was wii u exclusive because Nintendo funded it

There is timed exclusivity through deals that can include upfront money, development costs paid for, promotion through the distributor, etc.

Hugs and kisses is not the industry standard and is not easy to disprove. Companies make deals. Its up to the platforms to make things exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well stop arguing with him JT. It's been awhile since I've seen an argument on these forums that was such a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well stop arguing with him JT. It's been awhile since I've seen an argument on these forums that was such a waste of time.
    Well thats what happens when I try to make reasonable arguments. Either way. I am sure KH3: Re: Dream drop 356/2.8 HD edition remix will be a fun game. I also hope it does has a fun title like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats what happens when I try to make reasonable arguments. Either way. I am sure KH3: Re: Dream drop 356/2.8 HD edition remix will be a fun game. I also hope it does has a fun title like that.
    You saying that Nier: Automata isn't a JRPG just because it's a JARPG isn't a reasonable argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    You saying that Nier: Automata isn't a JRPG just because it's a JARPG isn't a reasonable argument.
    Well most games bleed into multiple genres. To call it a straight up JRPG is dishonest as it is more an action game with JRPG elements.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on reading what you've posted that I've seen, you are not an anti-consumer, but simply a bad one, and I'm surprised you know how shoelaces work, let alone an entire industry.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just pop in here and say two things: Nier Automata is absolutely a JRPG, and just because a game is exclusive does not mean it was a paid exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I'll just pop in here and say two things: Nier Automata is absolutely a JRPG, and just because a game is exclusive does not mean it was a paid exclusive.
    Don't bring that logic and fact's in here some people don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Usually a deal is worked out for exclusivity or the game was funded by the platform. Paid =/= every single deal. Deals include many things. advertising, funding, etc. Its not hugs and kisses. I mean for these bigger games at the end of the day you need to do something to prevent them from gaining marketshare in other areas.

Its straight up a pure JRPG? Steam put it as an action game first, but thats just a steam definition, PS4 has it as Action/RPG. Wiki (regular one) has it as an action role playing game, and the fan wiki also has it as an action role playing game. Sounds to me its an action game with RPG elements. Its official website also calls it an action RPG
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-07-22 at 03:47 PM.

Usually a deal is worked out for exclusivity or the game was funded by the platform. Paid =/= every single deal. Deals include many things. advertising, funding, etc. Its not hugs and kisses. I mean for these bigger games at the end of the day you need to do something to prevent them from gaining marketshare in other areas.

Its straight up a pure JRPG? Steam put it as an action game first, but thats just a steam definition, PS4 has it as Action/RPG. Wiki (regular one) has it as an action role playing game, and the fan wiki also has it as an action role playing game. Sounds to me its an action game with RPG elements. Its official website also calls it an action RPG
    It's much more action than rpg, so I don't know wtf these guys are talking about.
    Also anti-consumers are people who don't buy things and don't want material possessions. This is a case of being a shit consumer and making things worse for everyone. Like buying stuff in p2w games, giving reality tv ratings, buying "cut content" =D /dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    It's much more action than rpg, so I don't know wtf these guys are talking about.
    Also anti-consumers are people who don't buy things and don't want material possessions. This is a case of being a shit consumer and making things worse for everyone. Like buying stuff in p2w games, giving reality tv ratings, buying "cut content" =D /dead
    I mean I did play it a bit and it felt more like Bayonetta (what a shock) than it did FF15 which has heavier RPG elements. I mean many games these days fall into multiple categories. I wouldnt call it straight up a JRPG. I mean its a game, with RPG elements from japan. Persona 5... thats straight up a JRPG.

Oh I agree. I tend to avod buying extras for a game unless it is worth it and I feel the game devs deserve it. Witcher 3 has great DLC, worth the buy. Bethesda DLC? Not too bad. Granted they were shitty with FO4 and I prob wont get DLC when the next FO game is out unless its good. Farharbor was nice, but the other ones were very much bad in comparison IMO>

I also avoid pay to win games. I do play Gwent (witcher card game) I have a solid deck that can win, and I didnt pay a dime. I also have elder scrolls legends. It def pushes more micro transactions at you, but is perfectly playable without micro transactions.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-07-22 at 04:03 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

An action RPG can still be a JRPG, just look at Kingdom Hearts and Ys for example.
    As for exclusivity, just consider the metric tons of Japanese devs who create playstation exclusives, you really think Sony made a deal for them all? When the moment someone actually makes a deal for exclusivity/timed exclusivity there are a dozen articles about it?

Its not a JRPG though, I mean it has RPG elements, but what doesnt these days. Its action isn't it? I just like keeping JT honest. Also persona 5 might have that title.
    LOL What. If Nier Automata isn't a JRPG then FFXV isn't a JRPG and KH is not a JRPG.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I did play it a bit and it felt more like Bayonetta (what a shock) than it did FF15 which has heavier RPG elements.
    What are these "heavier RPG elements" in FFXV?

You have gear and build customization in Nier Automata.

You have party members in Nier Automata.

You have side quests and an open world in Nier Automata.

You have loot in Nier Automata.

You have to farm out the ass for the platinum in Nier Automata.(far more then is needed for the FFXV platinum at that)

There is literally no "rpg" element that FFXV has that Nier Automata does not.

Nier Automata, Kingdom Hearts, AND FF15 are all ajrpgs. Its kind of one reason I don't like 15 as much, that as a final fantasy game its more action orientated than turn-based.

But yeah, not sure why this discussion is even happening. Its ultimately pointless and kind of off-topic. It works well in Kingdom Hearts if you're skilled.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-23 at 09:44 AM.