Poll: What would you like to see?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question New Race(s), New Class or Subraces?

What would you like to see?

Personally I'd rather have subraces, because of:
    -no need to balance new class, so blizz could focus more on other things to do,
    -no need to add new lore for the new race, so blizz could focus more on the ones we have already,
    -subraces won't require as much job as other things(just like bronze/red skin for orcs, earthen skin for dwarves) but would give us nice new customization, maybe along with new hairs/faces/details etc,

I'd like to see a new Ranged Class personally. Kind of boring the last 3 have been built around Melee mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Idk, I feel like the "pvp balance" argument is no longer valid for back to back class expansions.

But I think we'll see sub races and a new race this upcoming expansion. I don't think we'll see a class but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
    Blizzard clearly shows that they can do more and more each expansion.

8.0 is probably going to be insanely different from Legion now that many of the old guys have quit / moved onto other Blizzard projects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd like to see a new Ranged Class personally. Kind of boring the last 3 have been built around Melee mostly.
    Yeah, I'd like to see a ranged class as well.

I think we'll see either new races or sub-races being added to the game.

I don't think neutral race is going to happen, after all it's one of Blizz MoP regrets.

In order of likeliness - subraces>new race>>>new class.

all of the above at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Idk, I feel like the "pvp balance" argument is no longer valid for back to back class expansions.
    I didn't mean only PvP but PvE also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see a new ranged class, not a hero class. Or a setting of sub-races..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I didn't mean only PvP but PvE also.
    Ohh, in that case...

Give me two new classes!

New specs for all classes > new class imo...

But I voted new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to all three.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

a) Playable Ogres
    b) Neutral Blood Elves
    c) Sub-Races
    d) Tinkerer/Spellbreaker

for this next expansion, new races. because i think that if any expansion is going to add naga, it will be the next one, and i really want naga.

but, in general, i want subraces more.

10+ Year Old Account
    New races! Hands down the best way to involve new lore and broaden the game world. WoW seriously lacks up to date and current real world changes. Blizz need to massively overhaul the game world. New races help this.

New class for me. Races don't effect gameplay the way new classes do.

Personally it's a toss up between New Races or Sub-Races. Sub-races win if making dragonmaw orcs add a lot of new customization to the orc model that can only be accessed by dragonmaw, or maghar or etc. simply put dragonmaw should have different hair beards skin tons, as should mag'har from what is currently available. obviously same theory for what ever other subraces are added, i.e. dwarves.

If it's just click orc and now you get brown and black skin tones, fuck it, give me a new race.

Deleted
    Anything will do, but I'd prefer 2 options. New ranged class and new race would be perfect.

Deleted
    I voted new Race. I'll explain to you why. It should be apt to add a new race to each faction, since that would facilitate lore creation. The new races should be able to create a dispute between Alliance and Horde, just like the game was intended to be. Now it is all about Alliance and Horde fighting togheter, it doesn't make sense that the factions are collaborating this much; it have to cease, which could be done with two races.

Horde
    Arakkoa
    They worship the sun, which is opposite to the Night Elves lore. Furthermore would it not be too far fetched to imagine an alliance between Arakkoa and the Trolls, the Arakkoa could be regarded by the trolls as something close to Loa. The Arakkoa are intelligent and a mystic race with affinity for shadow magic.

Diplomatic Relations
    They did rule togheter with the Ogre empire before, so it would not be too far fetched that the Horde could, through an event where they support the ogres be granted a strong relation with the Arakkoa. Furthermore perhaps Hakkar was related to the Arakkoa somehow, especially compare Hakkar the Soulflayer (Windserpent) with Sethe (a god of Arakkoa) who is the father of the Windserpents. The Night Elves would never approve of the Arakkoa. Especially since the Arakkoa gods have attacked the Emerald Dream and Hakkar the Soulflayer did aswell. This could erupt into a conflict between the Night Elves with Trolls, which could not be negotiated.

Arakkoa Hero Race
    The Arakkoa are extremly intelligent and can wield Void, it would not be far fetched to make them have certain Void affinity, which they could teach the horde.

Alliance
    Wildkins
    Diplomatic Relations
    Wildkins are deemed sacred to the Night Elves, they consider them to be a race created by Elune. The night elves would never have a dispute with the Wildkins and thus, without a doubt, make any enemy of the Wildkins their foes. Furthermore are the Wildkins fervently opposing the Undead and allies of the Burning Legion, therefor would the Forsaken and most likely Blood Elves aswell be their enemies, and the Night Elves would be required to contravene their current diplomatic relationship with the Horde. The Taurens do like the Wildkins, however, they must oblige to their diplomatic relations with the Horde. It is also a possibility that the Taurens as a consequence of the diplomatic loss with Wilkinds, would demand stronger loyalty or make other similair demands from the Horde, sacrifice their interests of druidic and nature-ish things; this could erupt into a more knit tight and less open Horde - meaning the Horde would renounce any interests of cooperation with other factions, in order to not risk internal disputes amongst them. Any chainreaction is not unthinkable, it could be done in many ways. Anyhow, Alliance and Horde conflict would be out there again.

Lore
    First of all, druids should not have moonkin form anymore. Period. Wildkins are wise and intelligent guardians of order and nature, they have close connections with Elune; perhaps would Elune demand the Night Elves and in extentions the Alliance to cooperate with Wildkins to secure peace and order. Elune is said to have granted the Wildkins additional power, so it is not impossible that Wildkins could be a Hero Class.

Wildkin Hero Race
    The lore is not explicitly granting the status of the Wildkin anything extraordinaire, such as them being of incumbent to the alliance, although Blizzard can change this.

Conclusion
    The lore would be sun (void) against the moon (nature). If you look at the Arakkoa versus Wildkin. Classic races of Azeroth: the light (humans, dwarves) versus shadow (forsaken, orcs).
    Last edited by mmoc590ae42818; 2017-07-22 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Update

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    In order of likeliness - subraces>new race>>>new class.
    What this guy said.