View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog only improved the game, it has no downside what-so-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    There's one issue though. If there's no tmog feature and if a person HATES robes, it wouldn't suddenly make him exited about getting new robes, he'd be hating every single robe regardless, he might even switch to another class or, in worst case scenario, quit the game.

For instance, I hate robes, I hated them in every single RPG before WoW came to be and I still hate them. Before tmog was introduced to WoW, I preferred to play WoW w/ "RTS" cam, I really didn't like seeing my char up close, I was happy to get BiS items for my chest slot, sure, but I hated how they looked.
    However, I was extremely happy when mage T8 was datamined and it's a set w/ a tunic instead of robe! I still use it as a tmog on my mage from time to time.
    "PREACH my Magi Brother/Sister." now... if only the helm for that set didn't look like the front of a Diesel Locomotive. >_< but, "That's what Transmog is for." ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    If those are the pieces you choose to wear that's your choice.
    Yeah, people in tbc sure as hell had lots of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    "PREACH my Magi Brother/Sister." now... if only the helm for that set didn't look like the front of a Diesel Locomotive. >_< but, "That's what Transmog is for." ^.^
    "Hide helmet" option was a godsend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is probably the most universally-liked feature put in the game since Ulduar.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And with transmog you can go back to that look if you want.
    Sure, but it would have been interesting to see what look would have defined today's top tier players if there wasn't transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Transmog only improved the game, it has no downside what-so-ever.
    *sigh*
    I feel like i'm talking to a echo chamber.

In every single game you are supposed to START unhappy and unfulfilled and END happy and fulfilled
    This was the case in all expansion "pre transmog" in each new release of a raid tier.

Now you can start the current expansion already fulfilled "look-wise" and never bother with it again.
    Which brings the problem "not being excited about *new items* of the current expansion" (looks-wise)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i hate all transmog and wish it to be removed. unfun!
    Then don't use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's immersion ruining though. You get a plate glove that looks a certain way and then all of a sudden it looks like a completely different plate glove. It doesn't make sense.
    One minute there is no fireball, all of a sudden there's a fireball. Magic.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

"Hide helmet" option was a godsend.
    Aye, and I love that we can hide belts now too, as I stated before the original T6 Mage set didn't have have a matching belt, and while I'm glad they "kinda" remedied that with T20, the belt just seems... "off" compared to how T6 looks. So when I transmog my old T6 on, also there are subtle changes from T6 to T20 that kinda bother me, I can just hide the belt, since the set didn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's where i see the problem.
    You see, now everyone is cool.
    So there is no excitement in new items.
    So your joy and fun of the game only comes at the expense of others? That is kinda sad. Play the game for your own enjoyment. If you being able to match when others can't really is the fuel for your happiness you are in luck there are still people that don't care about xmog at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Which brings the problem "not being excited about *new items* of the current expansion" (looks-wise)
    If you aren't getting excited about new items, maybe it's because you don't like the new items and old ones speak to you more? I never met someone who felt like "Oh now that I have one transmog set, I'm totally done with new things, I don't even care how new tier looks".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Aye, and I love that we can hide belts now too, as I stated before the original T6 Mage set didn't have have a matching belt, and while I'm glad they "kinda" remedied that with T20, the belt just seems... "off" compared to how T6 looks. So when I transmog my old T6 on, also there are subtle changes from T6 to T20 that kinda bother me, I can just hide the belt, since the set didn't have one.
    Oh, don't remind me about this fing lack of matching pieces for various sets, it's still happens even nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

In every single game you are supposed to START unhappy and unfulfilled and END happy and fulfilled
    This was the case in all expansion "pre transmog"

Now you can start the current expansion already fulfilled "look-wise" and never bother with it again.
    So, what's wrong with being happy the whole game? "Well why do I have to wait 10 hours into this game before it actually gets good? I want to be able to have fun NOW. Now waste 10 hours, then see if it's good or if I've wasted all this time."

I mean hey, if you wanna play games where you're miserable at the start, go for it. I guess I just prefer games I can enjoy the whole thing and feel like I've enjoyed the whole trip.

Oh, don't remind me about this fing lack of matching pieces for various sets, it's still happens even nowadays.
    You mean like the cloaks for most tier sets this expansion? Because there are so many that just look baaaaad and not fitting to the tier set at aaaall...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So your joy and fun of the game only comes at the expense of others? That is kinda sad. Play the game for your own enjoyment. If you being able to match when others can't really is the fuel for your happiness you are in luck there are still people that don't care about xmog at all.
    If everyone looks cool then there is no quest to look cool anymore. (like in previous expansions)
    It's not a matter of "i care how others look" is a matter of "there is no quest anymore to look cool in the current expansion".

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    So, what's wrong with being happy the whole game? "Well why do I have to wait 10 hours into this game before it actually gets good? I want to be able to have fun NOW. Now waste 10 hours, then see if it's good or if I've wasted all this time."

I mean hey, if you wanna play games where you're miserable at the start, go for it. I guess I just prefer games I can enjoy the whole thing and feel like I've enjoyed the whole trip.
    Bad game design.
    All games are supposed to Start bad > End good.
    Its a form of basic incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So snarky. It's a competitive factor in MMO's that you might not take joy from, but plenty of players were driven and motivated by it.

No. Adding new lucrative concepts to the game doesn't diminish the value of other types of concepts.

Bad game design.
    All games are supposed to Start bad > End good.
    Its a form of basic incentive.
    Except MMOs don't end... It's a continuous process... Why do you want to be frustrated every tier?

*sigh*

This was the case in all expansion "pre transmog" in each new release of a raid tier.

Well to many of us, their taste in Armor designs have been severely lacking for a good long time. Last Tier I enjoyed wearing "during content" was T9 Mage (when I was horde) but the raid scene on my server was Allied dominant, so when they gave us Faction swapping, I went Allied, and thier Version of T9 was Garbage... imo, and on my Melee classes, I kinda like my swords to look like swords, not these Giant, almost blunt edged things the Art department think look like swords. So to get back to your statement, until transmog Yes I was happy that I got my 4pc... but was miserable when I looked like trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Except MMOs don't end... It's a continuous process... Why do you want to be frustrated every tier?
    There, that's what i want xDD
    I want to be frustrated for not having something OF THE CURRENT EXPANSION so i can get motivated to actually play it.