Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Since you are disagreeing with it, I officialy identify this thread as valid.
    I officially identify a sudden foul stench of crappy underwear in this thread, which is strangely coincidental with your appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I officially identify a sudden foul stench of crappy underwear in this thread, which is strangely coincidental with your appearance.
    I am glad you can describe my appearance by hacking to my webcam that I dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    >ysera
    >the loss of potential allies such as the majority of the drogbar/nightborne
    >Sargeras managing to take over illidans body as was planned
    >Continued attacks on dalaran despite our success in stopping guldan
    >Argus and the legion being a portal away from us

@Nalorakk many will remember illidan was taken over by sargeras, and the entirety of argus as a plotpoint (THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. THIS IS A VERY BAD THING)
    As I said, there might have happened some things but it wasn't very well done. The whole Ysera storyline was a mess and really bad,

Deleted
    Maybe things are progressing exactly the way our heroes want them to, because someone else is pulling the strings? Something something old gods

The whole basis of the expansion is bad.

The legion has been significantly toned down compared to War of the Ancients and Warcraft 3 so we could actually win. Just keeping the Legion to Suramar and two zones out in the Broken Shore, absolutely no presence anywhere else. Kil'jaeden and the Dreadlords had to afk the entire invasion.

Even the Ravencrest's Legeacy quest with Illidan did it better, where Illidan had to go Super Saiyan to beat a measly fort invasion by the Legion. Demons were absolutely everywhere and it was a fuckfest.

Pretty poor expansino overall for story.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-07-22 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    The whole basis of the expansion is bad.

The legion has been significantly toned down compared to War of the Ancients and Warcraft 3 so we could actually win. Just keeping the Legion to Suramar and two zones out in the Broken Shore, absolutely no presence anywhere else. Kil'jaeden and the Dreadlords had to afk the entire invasion.

Even the Ravencrest's Legeacy quest with Illidan did it better, where Illidan had to go Super Saiyan to beat a measly fort invasion by the Legion. Demons were absolutely everywhere and it was a fuckfest.

Pretty poor expansino overall for story.
    The Legion had presence everywhere. The dead night elves in Black Rook were manipulated by them into believing we were they. All of Xavius' forces were, nominally, part of the Legion. In Highmountain you have the Feltotem. In Stormheim you have all of Skovald's vrykul. Azsuna has their elite forces on the Isle of the Wardens. And let's not forget they've both recruited new forces and introduced new ones. There's the faldorei from Suramar who joined them we've encountered on the Broken Shore, still more Felborne alive, Feltotem who all show up on the Broken Shore alongside Legion staples. Not to mention all the mindless beasties like the felbats and demon spiders.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    The storytelling in Legion is damn awful, garbage at the best.

The Horde is completely absent in the entire expansion apart from some minor quests in stormheim, and now we have this army of the light bullshit, yeah im sick of shining light warriors of justice and peace who are only draeneis/humans

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Maybe things are progressing exactly the way our heroes want them to, because someone else is pulling the strings? Something something old gods
    Old gods have been retconned into harmless fodder at this point. The titan's leader casually yawned and popped one off the planet like a sad little zit, and Sargeras in turn murked all the titans at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    And I don't mean that in a good way.

The only specks of dirt on the progression of Legion's story to date has been the initial Broken Shore fiasco and what happened to Ysera. Even the muddy footprints Illidan left when he opened a portal to Argus is getting washed away in 7.3.

Everything else is too good. It works out too well. There's no upsets to the calculations of our heroes or those we answer to. Everything just *works*.

And it's getting a little old.

WoD opened with a grating error on everyone's part: we let Gul'dan go because at the time we had no other option. Khadgar knew it would come to bite us in the ass and it did in a major way.

Cata and MoP were wrought with errors that shaped the story of Azeroth, culminating in Garrosh's tyranny.

Even WotLK had the Wrathgate (which is similar enough to the Broken Shore, but it's a very dated expansion and Blizzard has picked up their storytelling game since).

Legion is highly ambitious in regards to generating story and plot and lore and everything people have been asking for for so long, but it's too clean. This is supposed to be the biggest Legion invasion of all time and it's not living up to its name.

Why aren't the villains winning?
    Why aren't we making mistakes when we're grappling with forces we hardly understand?

Yes, I'm aware of key things like Odyn and the Old Gods hanging on the periphery, but they're not in the spotlight and all we have are rumours and forecasts.

Things like Sylvanas making an unknown deal with Helya resulted in a big fat nothing because we killed the old hag before something could come of it.
    And what of her shooting Greymane with an arrow that was riddled with something foul? Oh, he was sick in bed for a little while but after a few days rest he's up and at it again no biggie.

The story of Suramar had a few major hurdles and I really liked how it played out, but in an expansion with everything so positively geared it feels like its diminished in its hopefulness.

When we walk away from Legion, will there even be any dust left to settle? Any cleaning? Anything because of errors we've made?

What of the scars our foes have left us with?

Or is it going to be like signs are pointing to in 7.3, something with a capital A sneaks in out of left field opens the door for the next big bad?
    Are you fucking kidding me?

We watched Ysera get brainraped into a slavemount and then (mercifully) die. We also had to watch Malfuckrion weep over cenarious, grabbing the air and crying like a bitch.

there's plenty of failure, even more like that, especially in the Faction wars in Stormheim.

I for one am glad it didn't happen to US, even though there's an Azsuna quest where the Naga drag you by chain to a raping cave, and rape you until something comes out of the shadows to save you, and it's the prelude quests to Eye of Azshara. Do you not remember these things?

It's still less than what happened to us in previous expansions. If you don't know about these events, or remember them, look them up and realize you're wrong. Thank you, thread /closed

EDIT: I LOOKED IT UP BECAUSE IM SO MAD AT YOU ASKING FOR MORE OF this!!!

It's called [Save Yourself] And it's a quest in aszhara where you save yourself from the rapings by prancing around as a night elf loser bitch. Fucking disgustingly traumatic.

You have to know you're being raped the whole time you're doing it and see some of it when you finally get in there

How much more of that filth do you need?

Don't tell me, the answer should be zero.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-07-22 at 08:49 PM.

The problem is that wow is actually taking advantage of hte fact we are now the hero of Azeroth, the one that defends and slays the villians and one who is simply too powerful for our own good, which may be a strong factor in the next expansion.

The next expansion may actually explore the idea of an empire strikes back theme, with a far less powerful invasion threat like Legion was and more of a rise of evil style opponent like the old gods.

My feeling is, the faction war, will be the centerpiece of expansion 7, with a stronger enphasis on the idea that its less about defeating a greater evil this time, and more about us trying to find good in ourselves. The expansion will likely be a darker chapter than all previous wow's combined, with a strong enphasis on the idea of betrayal, deception, manipulation and conflict internal and external.

The Old Gods are devious foes, they do not fight us with armies, they have us, fight ourselves.

Heroes will turn to villians, villians will rise from the shadows into the light and take it for darkness. And in an hour of desperation and despair we may find a phyrric victory against unwinnable foes, but in the end, we may not truly defeat evil, only take care of an immediate threat as ever before.

I believe, the next expansion will heavily focus on Jaina and Sylvanas, the duality of both characters good and evil natures and the complexities within this, it might and probably will be a very grey expansion, detailing the idea of morality vs pragmatism, the idea of alliance vs horde and *why* we continue to fight each other when all other enemies fall away.

In our eagerness and over-confidence to kill the last old god, and his power... we may unwittingly unleash him to his fullest might and find ourselves overwhelmed, and simply outgunned this time.

Villians triumph usually in one of two ways, evading death, or rising at the last moment. I feel this will be an expansion that focuses more on the latter, with N'zoth finally breaking free from his prison by the end of expansion 7, leading us onto the next chapter of wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Old gods have been retconned into harmless fodder at this point. The titan's leader casually yawned and popped one off the planet like a sad little zit, and Sargeras in turn murked all the titans at once.
    you do realize that titans are humanoid planets right?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Moshia View Post
    Plus we started with 2 major faction leaders dying..... But now... like think about it....

Literally some of the classes have done gnarly things..... The DH got that keystone that illidan used to open the Argus portal....

Odyn and his valajar are some serious power, Odyn is like the most powerful being in azeroth besides maybe being on par with some other titan keepers or elemental lords...

You have the FOUR ELEMENTAL LORDS in unity fighting the legion, they havent done that since fighting the black empire, and only lost because 5 old gods v 4 elemental lords so...... Like the farseer is even stronger and the Ele weapon is titan power manifest and was used to fight the Black Empire....

Mages literally have a Guardian stronger than the one that took down the avatar of sarg....

THE LICH KING BTW...

SO I think the gravity of the invasion got all the greatest powers in the cosmos besides like the titans themselves....

BUT I think the biggest thing is, this is the plan of the old gods.... so I think thats the point more than anything, its all going according to plan.
    Priest asked the paladins for help, or be executed by Balnazzar... Gee, amazing.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Because wresting control away from the player so the enemy can win isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    you do realize that titans are humanoid planets right?
    Is Legion your first time playing WoW? Old gods were originally written as needing the combined effort of the titans to lock them away individually, and a titan was supposed to have fallen to one 1v1.

They were hyped to "make even Sargeras beg for death" Now he can one-shot them along with the entire planet they happen to be inhabiting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Is Legion your first time playing WoW? Old gods were originally written as needing the combined effort of the titans to lock them away individually, and a titan was supposed to have fallen to one 1v1.

They were hyped to "make even Sargeras beg for death" Now he can one-shot them along with the entire planet they happen to be inhabiting.
    and that makes them completely harmless how exactly?

what you said makes them harmless to matured awake titans, not to anyone else.

besides that, what they changed was increasing the titans power level, not decreasing theirs.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-07-22 at 10:57 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I agree with you, but I can see why Blizzard is doing it. They're somewhat permanently closing the Burning Legion storyline.

Last few expansions, people were all like "yeah, Garrosh is bad, but is he a proper villain? where's the Legion?" or "Old Gods are creepy and all, but Sargeras could burn them all just by standing next to Azeroth!". They got tired of the distant threat of the Burning Legion overshadowing their storylines, so they're getting rid of it.

It's a bit of suicide writing, but it could allow them to focus on smaller and more varied enemies without always having to connect everything to, or constantly foreshadow the return of the Legion.

As for our loses, they did kill Varian and Vol'jin at the beginning, and they're sending Illidan away, and while I agree this fight should probably have a higher price, they're trying to depict a fairly resounding victory.

Mostly I regret that, after building up Anduin and Wrathion in MoP and WoD as they prepared in very different ways for this invasion, neither of them are doing anything. Anduin has become the king, and apparently has understood what kind of king he wants to be, but he doesn't seem to be leading us to Argus, and Wrathion made WoD happen just to have a prepared army on Azeroth (one way or the other), and then completely disappeared from the story.

I get the feeling that whoever wrote the stories leading up to Legion had a different idea of how it would develop than whoever is writing the story now, which is why suddenly some characters are getting the spotlight while some of the ones that were getting prepared for this have been abandoned.

The storytelling is probably at its worst yet, competing with WoD. I find it really stupid to make every individual a ''saviour of the universe'' type of character while every big baddy you kill is always done in a group effort. This type of treatment only works in a single-player RPG where every major deed is done mostly by yourself, not because I happen to have AFK'ed while 24 other randoms killed the boss for me and I get the recognition of having saved the universe. But I think the worst part is how they treated the Burning Legion. They were once one of the most feared enemies, being known to have consumed countless of worlds, with an endless arsenal of demons with sinister masterminds behind them. What we get is the Legion only being presented on the Broken Shore (in lore they should be in other places aswell, but it has never been reflected in-game) and all that happens is that they get their ass beaten. We have never seen any demon do something cool, they were all presented as cliché ''your world shall burn!'' smashing monsters who might aswell be ogres, they seem to share the same intelligence.

Its not like WoW has ever had really good storytelling though. Most of it is feasible at the least, but it isn't anything groundbreaking that set the bar higher in videogame storytelling or anything. WoW has always been more known for its gameplay. I thought they did a solid job with building up the Lich King during WotLK, the adventure to Ulduar, and some quest lines that are continuations of what you did in vanilla WoW (facing Arugals worgen again, dealing with the Scarlet Onslaught etc). MoP also had good storytelling but its theme is what turned me off for most of the part. I don't really hate the pandaren but I hate how they are portrayed as lazy fat beer drinkers, with only some of them seriously fighting against all the major threats.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The Legion had presence everywhere. The dead night elves in Black Rook were manipulated by them into believing we were they. All of Xavius' forces were, nominally, part of the Legion. In Highmountain you have the Feltotem. In Stormheim you have all of Skovald's vrykul. Azsuna has their elite forces on the Isle of the Wardens. And let's not forget they've both recruited new forces and introduced new ones. There's the faldorei from Suramar who joined them we've encountered on the Broken Shore, still more Felborne alive, Feltotem who all show up on the Broken Shore alongside Legion staples. Not to mention all the mindless beasties like the felbats and demon spiders.
    You're missing the point by miles. His point was that the Infinite Burning Legion Which Has Burned Countless Worlds
    is religated on Azeroth to using proxy groups (those you mentioned) and sending forces so small that they can't even conquer camps of local resisitance.

An army made of of potentially millions of soldiers who never truly die and have always won everywhere, every time suddenly being so small an issue that you even have time to deal with other threats isn't The Burning Legion. It's mindbogglingly small. Like invading Russia with a single company of people armed with pistols and calling yourself "The Mongol Empire."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I just hope the Burning Legion is finally over with at the end of the expac. Time for something new and refreshing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You're missing the point by miles. His point was that the Infinite Burning Legion Which Has Burned Countless Worlds
    is religated on Azeroth to using proxy groups (those you mentioned) and sending forces so small that they can't even conquer camps of local resisitance.

An army made of of potentially millions of soldiers who never truly die and have always won everywhere, every time suddenly being so small an issue that you even have time to deal with other threats isn't The Burning Legion. It's mindbogglingly small. Like invading Russia with a single company of people armed with pistols and calling yourself "The Mongol Empire."
    This....it`s beyond pathetic...we are mortals...if 1 of us dies, it stays dead...the legion however immortal...(still thinking how the hell is possible to keep up full scale warfare on both sides -Horde and Alliance -since 10 years without bleeding out completely...from where the manpower coming?)