Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Goblins in Iron Horde

I just had a thought. The creation of the Iron Horde was Garrosh being sent into a pocket Draenor with Wrathion and Bronze dragon dude's help. Then Garrosh went to daddy and was all "bro, don't drink the green koolaid, it's not good shit." Then he told them about what the orcs went through and was all "so like we need to invade azeroth and kick their butts, because they are mean." Got it.

So when they launch an Iron Star at Mannoroth, how did they make it? Did Garrosh have a copy of the plans? Were goblins already ON this second Draenor before they opened the Dark Portal? If the orcs made it, what of the goblins in the Iron Horde seen later on? Did they hop into the portal on Azeroth's end when it opened up in the Pre-WoD event?? Where did those little green bastards come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I just had a thought. The creation of the Iron Horde was Garrosh being sent into a pocket Draenor with Wrathion and Bronze dragon dude's help. Then Garrosh went to daddy and was all "bro, don't drink the green koolaid, it's not good shit." Then he told them about what the orcs went through and was all "so like we need to invade azeroth and kick their butts, because they are mean." Got it.

So when they launch an Iron Star at Mannoroth, how did they make it? Did Garrosh have a copy of the plans? Were goblins already ON this second Draenor before they opened the Dark Portal? If the orcs made it, what of the goblins in the Iron Horde seen later on? Did they hop into the portal on Azeroth's end when it opened up in the Pre-WoD event?? Where did those little green bastards come from?
    He took Blackfuse's plans with him, as well as recruited goblins to join once the gate was fully opened.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    He took Blackfuse's plans; on top of that, the goblins working with the True/Iron Horde are mercenaries. They're not in it for his revolution, just the shit loads of gold he's shoveling at them to create new and inventive ways to blow shit up.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

^^ what they said /Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    He took Blackfuse's plans; on top of that, the goblins working with the True/Iron Horde are mercenaries. They're not in it for his revolution, just the shit loads of gold he's shoveling at them to create new and inventive ways to blow shit up.
    Makes you think - what can you do with money if you are stranded in primitive shithole world with bunch of overgrown idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Makes you think - what can you do with money if you are stranded in primitive shithole world with bunch of overgrown idiots.
    What can't you do? The goblins control the technology and have the finances necessary to do pretty much whatever they please, and after the Blackrock orcs are taken out by adventurers, they could very well control the means of production as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What can't you do? The goblins control the technology and have the finances necessary to do pretty much whatever they please, and after the Blackrock orcs are taken out by adventurers, they could very well control the means of production as well.
    But there is nothing worth anything on draenor. The best thing you can get there is some weird fungus growing on your left buttcheeks.

But there is nothing worth anything on draenor. The best thing you can get there is some weird fungus growing on your left buttcheeks.
    A planet with materials/metals that aren't available on your home planet? Seems valuable to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    A planet with materials/metals that aren't available on your home planet? Seems valuable to me.
    And what you gonna do with them ? Buy those exclusive stone chairs to put in your mudhut ?

The entire premise is just ridicilous.
    "Hey you remember that guy who completely failed and got obliterated with all of his followers ? Well now he is back and travels back in time to another dimension (god, this is so fucking dumb) to start over. Seems like a good profitable plan right ? What can go wrong ?"

God damn, that expansion was really dumb.

And what you gonna do with them ? Buy those exclusive stone chairs to put in your mudhut ?

"Hey you remember that guy who completely failed and got obliterated with all of his followers ? Well now he is back and travels back in time to another dimension (god, this is so fucking dumb) to start over. Seems like a good profitable plan right ? What can go wrong ?"

Yeah, never in history has an army followed their recently dethroned leader in their attempt to launch a counterattack from another place. It's totally unbelievable...

It's not like goblins are the most reasonable people either, how many times have they been used by tyrants who promised them success and profit, only to get them killed, enslaved or worse? Gallywix did that, and he's STILL the racial leader for the playable goblins.

The Kor'kron could have easily persuaded or intimidated hundreds of them into believing the Iron Horde was about to take Azeroth, and with the Blackrock Clan, they only really needed a fraction of the goblin workforce they had in Orgrimmar.

Sell them I guess? I am not saying the expansion wasn't dumb as all fuck, however you downplaying the prospect of a primitive and nearly untapped world probably full of resources and savages that don't understand the value of those resources for a goblin is pretty funny. They probably "negotiated" something like "we'll build this fortress for ya, but we want 40% of the gold in this mine to do it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yeah, never in history has an army followed their recently dethroned leader in their attempt to launch a counterattack from another place. It's totally unbelievable...

It's not like goblins are the most reasonable people either, how many times have they been used by people promising them success and profit? Any Kor'kron could persuade or intimidate hundreds of them into believing the Iron Horde was about to take Azeroth, and with the Blackrock Clan, they only really needed a fraction of the goblin workforce they had in Orgrimmar.
    Most of them weren't hopeless failures who went down with a little whimper. And after his overwhelming success of....erm....conquering barrens ? i guess ? Garrosh surely was a promise of success and prosperity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Sell them I guess? I am not saying the expansion wasn't dumb as all fuck, however you downplaying the prospect of a primitive and nearly untapped world probably full of resources and savages that don't understand the value of those resources for a goblin is pretty funny. They probably "negotiated" something like "we'll build this fortress for ya, but we want 40% of the gold in this mine to do it."
    To who exactly ? They are on the world where only civilized race is against them. And iron horde was defeated during pre-expansion event so its not like they can even return to azeroth.

Most of them weren't hopeless failures who went down with a little whimper. And after his overwhelming success of....erm....conquering barrens ? i guess ? Garrosh surely was a promise of success and prosperity.

- - - Updated - - -

To who exactly ? They are on the world where only civilized race is against them. And iron horde was defeated during pre-expansion event so its not like they can even return to azeroth.
    hmm.. good point... uh... magic? Most likely scenario is that they just see $$$$ and don't think about it any further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for starters there's a planet's worth of resources to stripmine, and I'd be surprised if the goblins didn't have a backup plan for getting resources and gold back to Azeroth in the event the Dark Portal went down like it did. Never underestimate a goblin when there's money to be made.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They threw their lot in with the Iron Horde presuming that they would easily win and that the portal would stay open. I guess their backup plan probably involved engineering or Mage portals on both Azeroth and Draenor for them to transport stuff between

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for starters there's a planet's worth of resources to stripmine, and I'd be surprised if the goblins didn't have a backup plan for getting resources and gold back to Azeroth in the event the Dark Portal went down like it did. Never underestimate a goblin when there's money to be made.
    But their plan was to commit complete genocide of azeroth. So its not like they would have any clients here.

I don't care, time travel stories are retarded anyway.

Blackfuse is severly underrated if his plans are so great they propagate by themselves in the hands of an ape on a planet of the past.

Not even Da Vinci could do that... as far as we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    Blackfuse is severly underrated if his plans are so great they propagate by themselves in the hands of an ape on a planet of the past.

Not really, he died like all other screaming cretins that are warcraft villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post

Yep, that is why I was confused. I think I got the answers I needed in this thread, however.