View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    No the problem is not with using the same armor look over and over, the problem is the new armor designs not being to our tastes.
    That's nobodys fault.
    Because asking an artist to do a better piece of art than the previous one everytime is almost impossible, if not impossible alltogether.

It would be like demanding Leonardo Da Vinci to do a better piece than the "Mona Lisa" right after he drawn it.

It's impossible to always do a better piece of art than the previous one.

Therefore a system should be in place to give incentive every new expansion to look cool.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty annoying actually. x_x
    Luckily there's this wonderful tmog feature and hunter's T19, LFR recolour is gorgeous, that's one of two reasons why I'm still running both EN and NH LFRs, CTA is another one, need dem runes T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    Yes, it ruined everything. It was much better change gear piece by piece to be in AH/rooftop gear.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 100% sure he started to play afterwards tmog was introduced.
    That, or as I stated before, they are a World PvP'er that can't tell if this player is "gankable"
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-07-22 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Some people care about not looking like a rainbow charity had a go at them.
    No one should seriously care about that. If you do, then you are for transmog. I personally enjoy Transmog for that reason, and for that reason it has absolutely no detriment what so ever.

Gear is gear though. Its for your character to grow stronger, not look pretty. If you are not excited to get 4p then its time to quit raiding. Some of the gear out there including trinkets and sets are so unbelievable strong that I wouldn't care if it forced me to have a pink dildo on my head.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

That, or as I stated before, they are a World PvP that can't tell if this player is "gankable"
    And now there's these guys in RBGs who look like clowns on purpose while wearing full sets of elite PvP gear T_T

No, if anything it's added some excitement to gear that may not be an upgrade but looks great. So I believe it's expanded the excitement levels. I would much rather be able to dye things though, but I understand why that isn't an option in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    No, if anything it's added some excitement to gear that may not be an upgrade but looks great.
    Or the opposite, it may look like shite, but it's an awesome upgrade You can wear it w/o looking like a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, people in tbc sure as hell had lots of choice.
    I don't remember looking like that in TBC at all, unless you're referring to leveling gear but that gear isn't supposed to look good, you're supposed to chase after sets once you've capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's nobodys fault.
    Because asking an artist to do a better piece of art than the previous one everytime is almost impossible, if not impossible alltogether.

It would be like demanding Leonardo Da Vinci to do a better piece than the "Mona Lisa" right after he drawn it.

It's impossible to always do a better piece of art than the previous one.

Therefore a system should be in place to give incentive every new expansion to look cool.
    Yes this is true, but as I stated previously, I've not enjoyed a current tier's look since Wrath of the Lich King, so have many others. They could easily do an Sampling of each class, through the Armory and see how they "look" to try and get a general consensus, of current trends. But then that could be considered a waste of time and resources. Also, as stated in a previous post by me, Sometimes my Transmog changes depending on my mood or the seasons... and lets not forget that Transmogging is a "gods sent" for RP'ers

It was frustrating for me when there were pieces of gear that looked cool (and matched sets) in Vanilla-Cata that I could not viably use or obtain. Transmog has actually made me more excited to pay attention to how gear looks, and for more gear that I can get on all my classes.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*
    I feel like i'm talking to a echo chamber.

In every single game you are supposed to START unhappy and unfulfilled and END happy and fulfilled
    This was the case in all expansion "pre transmog" in each new release of a raid tier.

Now you can start the current expansion already fulfilled "look-wise" and never bother with it again.
    Which brings the problem "not being excited about *new items* of the current expansion" (looks-wise)
    No... people begged for transmog since classic wow. Why? Because alot of people looked like idiots and didn't like it - even high end raiders.

If you actually talked to people instead of posing around in your capital city thinking everyone thought you were the beez kneez you'd know this. But hey, you're the "I found a fix for wow guy" right?

You're just wrong man.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    That's for you perhaps, I care more about the way my character looks, and I'm more likely to put up with a challenge for transmog than a power reward (mage tower for example). Power will fade in time since it's basically reset every patch anyway, looks are forever.
    So confirmed you are an RPer. Idk what game you are playing but if you think a two year expansion cycle is enough reason to not care about player power then its not the same one I'm playing.

What I'm pointing out here is this argument is entirely invalid. You either care about looks and love transmog or you care about gear and don't give a fuck.
    There is no third option in this game. A 950 piece drops and you either want it because its a huge upgrade and looks play no part in it, or you don't give a fuck about the item itself and only wanted it for its appearance.

Without transmog, the sets don't usually match any way. Most of the BIS list isn't all from the same graphic set. And you don't even get the full set of gear with 4p. No clue why the OP thinks that. You are either missing gloves, shoulders, legs... one of the important pieces for sure.
    In order to get a full set you would have to go way out of your way to match pieces and that is conversely proportional to caring about progressing your character as you would be taking pieces that would be downgrades from others. This issue is exactly why transmog exists.

There is no reason for this complaint to exist. If you really are concerned, just stop transmoging your gear.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    no.

if anything it made it more exciting.

Formerly known as Arafal

Check the sets achievements. There's the incentive.
    You can wear what you want though, just like IRL. There is no incentive to wear what you like. It's what you like for a reason.

Its time to give up on this argument. There is no detriment to transmog because its optional. The things you cite aren't real problems for anyone who actually plays this game. Its only problems for people who try to find things to complain about.

The excitement of new items is tied to player power, not looks. If that is not the case for you, then you are an RPer.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV

Yes this is true, but as I stated previously, I've not enjoyed a current tier's look since Wrath of the Lich King, so have many others. They could easily do an Sampling of each class, through the Armory and see how they "look" to try and get a general consensus, of current trends. But then that could be considered a waste of time and resources. Also, as stated in a previous post by me, Sometimes my Transmog changes depending on my mood or the seasons... and lets not forget that Transmogging is a "gods sent" for RP'ers
    BTW, do you like new mage's T21? Tunics are back!! Helmet is a bit weird, Magneto style... But overall I think it looks really good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't remember looking like that in TBC at all, unless you're referring to leveling gear but that gear isn't supposed to look good, you're supposed to chase after sets once you've capped.
    Implying that all dungeons/heroics and even raid (with kara being most notorious) including even BT had some horribly mismatched pieces. And SWP pieces matched T6 simply "great".

And you don't chase sets. You chase bis gear and 4 tier items. And classes like Ench shaman always looked like clowns because all agility mail used hunter models.

I think that transmog is one the best features added to modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Vanilla dps warrior:

That looks like a technicolored nightmare come to life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    So confirmed you are an RPer. Idk what game you are playing but if you think a two year expansion cycle is enough reason to not care about player power then its not the same one I'm playing.

What I'm pointing out here is this argument is entirely invalid. You either care about looks and love transmog or you care about gear and don't give a fuck.
    There is no third option in this game. A 950 piece drops and you either want it because its a huge upgrade and looks play no part in it, or you don't give a fuck about the item itself and only wanted it for its appearance.

Without transmog, the sets don't usually match any way. Most of the BIS list isn't all from the same graphic set. And you don't even get the full set of gear with 4p. No clue why the OP thinks that. You are either missing gloves, shoulders, legs... one of the important pieces for sure.
    In order to get a full set you would have to go way out of your way to match pieces and that is conversely proportional to caring about progressing your character as you would be taking pieces that would be downgrades from others. This issue is exactly why transmog exists.

There is no reason for this complaint to exist. If you really are concerned, just stop transmoging your gear.
    Loved your post because it trully speaks how i am. As you call it "some kind of RP'er" because i care more about looks than power.
    Every expansion it was a game/quest to me to look cooler than "everybody else". It was my main incentive.
    If that makes me some kind of RP'er than be it but i think there is more people like me.

After all we are all using transmog for a reason. Because we all love looks.

I corrected the OP to 5 tier pieces becase that's what i ment. I was missing one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The excitement of new items is tied to player power, not looks. If that is not the case for you, then you are an RPer.
    Na na na na na.
    We are all RP'ers because we all care about transmog. Just look at the poll.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 04:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Vanilla dps warrior:

im pretty sure that guy just ate too many skittles.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    BTW, do you like new mage's T21? Tunics are back!! Helmet is a bit weird, Magneto style... But overall I think it looks really good!
    Oh? I've got to see them still, Glad we get another tunic.... as to the helm... Transmog or hide, Either way we've Options.