Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just to make a few things clear :

- Blood elves and High elves are one and single race. Blood elves just infused themselves with Fel Magic with the lost of the Sunwell in order to compensate the magic of the well. The vast majority of what's left of the High Elves are Alliance loyalist that remained after Quel'Thalas left the Alliance.

- We actually have NO IDEA on how many left they are, how many Blood elves left, how many High elves left. All we know is that most of theyr race was wiped out by Arthas and the scourge during the third war, and that the vast majority became blood elves and that's, litteraly, all.

- There is very few "sun elves" left (blood and high).

- Highborne are NOT an elf race, they are a social class favored by Azshara, most of them were loyalist to her till the bitter end and became satyr or naga, only a few joined Malfurion and his crew and became later the high then the blood elves.

Concerning the expansion, we won't have a new class, we never had 2 subsequent expansion with a new class, never. We MIGHT get a new race/sub-race or whatever because the game NEED new feature like this almost every extension.

We MIGHT see the high elves becoming playable since we got pandaren on both side but that would mean that the horde would get a copycat of an alliance race to balance, wich one, i don't have a clue about.

High elves ARE active in the lore, most than most races recently, like gnomes or dwarves, they HAVE an iconic leader we all know and who has acted (Veressa). So, there is no real reason to say, it will never happen, it's completly up to Blizzard. Might happen, might not.

About Alleria getting infused by void, and doing the same to the remaining High Elves to make them different enough from blood elves to make them playable.
    Since the sunwell has been restored, what would be the point ? Why would the High elves tapping in void when they refused to do it with Fel ans specially when you don't need it anymore since you got the sunwell magic back (Wich is complete bullshit lore, how did the Allerian high elves in outlands dealed with it since they got cut off from his magic ? And even, is the sunwell magic covering Azeroth in his whole like a powerful wi-fi ? so elves can go far away as long as they wish without consequences ? Bullshit lore).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    Just to make a few things clear :

- Blood elves and High elves are one and single race. Blood elves just infused themselves with Fel Magic with the lost of the Sunwell in order to compensate the magic of the well. The vast majority of what's left of the High Elves are Alliance loyalist that remained after Quel'Thalas left the Alliance.

- We actually have NO IDEA on how many left they are, how many Blood elves left, how many High elves left. All we know is that most of theyr race was wiped out by Arthas and the scourge during the third war, and that the vast majority became blood elves and that's, litteraly, all.

- There is very few "sun elves" left (blood and high).

- Highborne are NOT an elf race, they are a social class favored by Azshara, most of them were loyalist to her till the bitter end and became satyr or naga, only a few joined Malfurion and his crew and became later the high then the blood elves.

Concerning the expansion, we won't have a new class, we never had 2 subsequent expansion with a new class, never. We MIGHT get a new race/sub-race or whatever because the game NEED new feature like this almost every extension.

We MIGHT see the high elves becoming playable since we got pandaren on both side but that would mean that the horde would get a copycat of an alliance race to balance, wich one, i don't have a clue about.

High elves ARE active in the lore, most than most races recently, like gnomes or dwarves, they HAVE an iconic leader we all know and who has acted (Veressa). So, there is no real reason to say, it will never happen, it's completly up to Blizzard. Might happen, might not.

About Alleria getting infused by void, and doing the same to the remaining High Elves to make them different enough from blood elves to make them playable.
    Since the sunwell has been restored, what would be the point ? Why would the High elves tapping in void when they refused to do it with Fel ans specially when you don't need it anymore since you got the sunwell magic back (Wich is complete bullshit lore, how did the Allerian high elves in outlands dealed with it since they got cut off from his magic ? And even, is the sunwell magic covering Azeroth in his whole like a powerful wi-fi ? so elves can go far away as long as they wish without consequences ? Bullshit lore).
    I don't understand what you are trying to prove, however the Shen'dralar; yes another sub-race of elves, just like night elves, blood elves, high elves, nightborne etc. are sub-races of elves. These Shen'dralar are Highborne and a sub-race, belonging to a certain faction, whom have sent delegates to Kirin Tor to seek a peace treaty. Thus if the lore, in regard to Azshara and Jaina Proudmoore imploring aid from us, with respect to the importance of Kirin Tor in such expansion. The Shen'dralar would be a neutral race, not having disputes with blood elves nor night elves.

Shen'dralar a Neutral Race
    Excerpt from WoWpedia:

Background
    In the ensuing years, the Shen'dralar continued to be isolated from the rest of night elf society, and so their subsequent dangerous actions went unnoticed by their distant kindred. They were never exiled from Kalimdor, nor have any Shen'dralar become high elves or blood elves.

Political Diplomacy
    The Silver Covenant is a militant faction of high elves. Led by the high elf Vereesa Windrunner, they reject the admission of blood elves into the Kirin Tor and have taken it upon themselves to serve as a military deterrent for any potential Horde uprising. They have joined the Alliance Vanguard, along with the Explorers' League and the main host of the Valiance Expedition, in Northrend. They employ hippogryphs as well. The Horde equivalent of the Silver Covenant are the Sunreavers.

Quote from Creative Development, Chris Metzen and Alex Afrsiabi:
    How have the blood elves reacted to the Highborne's return to night elf society, heralding the return of kaldorei magi?
    Because their expulsion from night elf society after the War of the Ancients was due to their use of arcane magic, the blood elves were outraged to hear that the kaldorei had welcomed the Highborne back and were tolerating the practice of arcane magic again. After witnessing the "rookie" mistakes made by the new kaldorei magi, however, the blood elves are anxiously awaiting whatever mess the kaldorei are going to put themselves in. What's more, some sin'dorei have been able to exploit the kaldorei's inexperience in order to rout Alliance forces, as seen in the " [Amberwind's Journal]" quest series in Azshara.

Conclusion
    The highborne could be brought into the expansion, apt to the lore in regard to the Kirin Tor and their affiliation with both Horde and Alliance. Furthermore is it not unlikely that they have sent delegates to reconcile their diplomatical status with Kirin Tor. If you conjecture with Kirin Tor being relevant to the upcoming, then Highbornes would be of importance to unify the dispute between Blood Elves and Night Elves.

I think they'll open up more race/class combos (like allowing demon hunters to be more races) while adding a new neutral race as well. I think we'll see more races be everything but druids and warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I think they'll open up more race/class combos (like allowing demon hunters to be more races) while adding a new neutral race as well. I think we'll see more races be everything but druids and warlocks.
    Which neutral race do you expect? Maybe also a general question here. Which race would be most fitting to be available in next expansion?

On another topic; We are clearly rushing into a void/old god expansion. To me, dealing with the void is dealing with Azeroths biggest threats. Even Sargeras was scared of the void. Imo I would like it if we could have a small moment of calm before all hell breaks loose again. I would like to have a war on azeroth between the Horde and Alliance again (jaina vs sylvanas) and when that reaches it's boiling point, the threat of N'zoth/Aszhara takes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They cannot give us a race that has no personality. A face is extremely important.

Which is why Ethereal is an NPC race only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    This has come up a few times.

At the moment the chances of the new race/sub race is better then a new class. We had a new class - I don't think a class will reappear again unless they make something that aligns with the expansion like Pandaren and Monk with Mists of Pandaria. Usually it's a class then race with exceptions but a new set of races would be the likely option.
    This in turn has inspired things from Naga to Etheraels thanks to a lot of in-game references, models, updates and so forth which we don't know the direction of the next expansion properly as there's so much going on.
    There's lots of talks with sub-races with certain models appearing. From Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne conversations and then to balance it Vrykul, Earthern/Iron/Dark Dwarves, Wretched, Taunka that already exist and so on. There's talk of Etheraels arriving on our doorsteps with the Void suggestions or Naga because of it too.

The only really decent conclusion is Ion said "Dragons will be very important" at 112, which means that it will be Azeroth based at least or fuck perhaps not? We could be using the Bronze Dragonflight to go to other timelines like we did in Warlords. It's still so very broad and so much speculation it's anyone's guess.
    As I've played more of Legion, so far I have seen pop up Blue Dragonflight in and out of Broken Isles, Bronze Dragonflight outside of Broken Isles, Twilight Dragonflight outside Broken Isles, Red Dragonflight outside of Broken Isles. Black Dragonflight in Broken Isles. Green Dragonflight in Broken Isles as well.

And I've not even played all of the classes to see their individual sections.
    To say "Dragons will be important" is to say "Orcs and humans are playable races next expansion". Dragons always played a significant role in any expansion on Azeroth. Also, this was clearly an joke in this interview. With saying this, they just said wanted to not spoil anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihav View Post
    Hi all,

From all the hints in the current game and the info from datamining 7.3, we know a void/old god expansion is the the next logical step. There are also great hints that we will see Kul'Tiras and some other isles/sea content. I am convinced that we will see those places next xpac. However, I did not read any logical speculation about possible new classes or races. I have a theory of my own, which I will share with you, so please provide me with feedback on that, but also let me know what you think is the new class or race.

My 1st theory (and the one I think is most likely at this point) is that we will get a new class. Now that we know that Alleria is poking around in some dark matter and updating her skills to use the void, while learning of her sisters fate, the gateway opens to the new class of Dark Ranger or Void ranger. It seems clear that the windrunner sisters will play a big part in the new x-pansion, with alleria and vareesa hunting down her sister sylvanas who sided with the void. Alleria and Vareesa therefore will make the skillset available for players. Also, the Dark Ranger class has some root in the old versions of Warcraft, so I would not be surprised if they introduce it. Also, there is time for a new ranged dps class after having DK, Monk and DH.

Secondly, If we won't see a new class, I think the Ethereals (close connection to the void, but not corrupted) will become a new Race which will be available for both Horde and Alliance.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Isn't all of this already covered in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ulation-thread

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Hi all,

From all the hints in the current game and the info from datamining 7.3, we know a void/old god expansion is the the next logical step. There are also great hints that we will see Kul'Tiras and some other isles/sea content. I am convinced that we will see those places next xpac. However, I did not read any logical speculation about possible new classes or races. I have a theory of my own, which I will share with you, so please provide me with feedback on that, but also let me know what you think is the new class or race.

My 1st theory (and the one I think is most likely at this point) is that we will get a new class. Now that we know that Alleria is poking around in some dark matter and updating her skills to use the void, while learning of her sisters fate, the gateway opens to the new class of Dark Ranger or Void ranger. It seems clear that the windrunner sisters will play a big part in the new x-pansion, with alleria and vareesa hunting down her sister sylvanas who sided with the void. Alleria and Vareesa therefore will make the skillset available for players. Also, the Dark Ranger class has some root in the old versions of Warcraft, so I would not be surprised if they introduce it. Also, there is time for a new ranged dps class after having DK, Monk and DH.

Secondly, If we won't see a new class, I think the Ethereals (close connection to the void, but not corrupted) will become a new Race which will be available for both Horde and Alliance.

I think there won't be a new class, probably a new race for next expansion, or new class/race combos.

BC new class/race combos
    Woltk new class
    Cata new races
    MoP new class
    WoD new class/race combos
    Legion new class

Next Race or class/race combos ?

I personnaly hope for new races for Demon hunters and a third ranger spec. (Diablo III demon hunter?)

A ranged hero class would be nice, and I like the idea of Dark Rangers. It would be refreshing to have a hunter/ranger class that wouldn't be designed with the use of a pet in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I personnaly hope for new races for Demon hunters and a third ranger spec. (Diablo III demon hunter?)
    Beside sharing the same class name, what similiarity do Diablo 3 Demon Hunters have with the Demon Hunters in World of Warcraft?

To say "Dragons will be important" is to say "Orcs and humans are playable races next expansion". Dragons always played a significant role in any expansion on Azeroth. Also, this was clearly an joke in this interview. With saying this, they just said wanted to not spoil anything.
    I don't think it was, we didn't have a need for the Dragonflight in Mists or Warlords. They generally add storylines that make a difference throughout the game like in Warlords, the legion coming in Tanaan Jungle was pretty much pointing to Legion.

No new class or race. It will be extensive character customization.

As long is a range class I am ok, blizzard is really stupid for adding new melees class that no one would play or are hard to balance ahem monk and death knight ahem

Hi all,

Oh no, how can I live with my life now considering you spoiled next expansion story and content with your omnipotent prophet skills?!

You know that what you are doing is just speculating like 18592185192852185 others on this forum, and is in no way a spoiler. Putting a danging spoiler tag in your post doesn't make it more credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    They cannot give us a race that has no personality. A face is extremely important.

Which is why Ethereal is an NPC race only.
    They could easily make Ethereals have faces made of energy poking through their wrappings, with different ways to customize. It's not like they'd add in the old, outdated models and animations they have now and call it a day if ethereals ever became playable.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt they'll add a new class. Judging by the pattern that Blizzard follows of race-class-race-class, we'll get new races, and a new class in the expansion after that.
    Even with MoP and WoD breaking the pattern, the balance between the two remains.

As for what race(s) we'll get, that's anyone's guess, but a safe bet is Ogres for Horde- another likely candidate is Nightborne, which could join either faction, or maybe both, though it's also possible that they'd join the Alliance with the Horde getting Ogres(though I find both factions getting Nightborne to be more likely.)

But High Elves I find far less likely, and personally undesirable.

Also, I know a lot of these arguments have probably already been made but tbh I'm too lazy to read up- though at least I admit it.

I don't think we will have a expansion centered on Void any time soon. We may have the void as a constant, looming threat, with some tiers focusing on it or its servants, but I think the Void is being built as a future far-reaching threat, not next expansion's big bad.

Next expansion, I predict the big draw will be character customization and sub-races. Every race will get new options, some will get sub-races, and a few will get access to new classes.

Sub-races, I think we are finally getting nightborne and high elves playable. Possibly also broken. Maybe other trolls. And maybe eve human-looking elite Forsaken, based on Nathanos and his short story.

Classes, I doubt we will get any. Blizzard still has to improve a lot of specs after the huge Legion changes. But, if we get anything, it'll be a void-based class, probably Shadow Hunter, with specs like Warden (tank), Dark Ranger (ranged DPS) and Witch Doctor (healer).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-07-22 at 05:08 PM.

Beside sharing the same class name, what similiarity do Diablo 3 Demon Hunters have with the Demon Hunters in World of Warcraft?
    None. D3 demon hunters are more akin to Warcraft rangers and hunters.

I wish they just add a healing spec to demon hunters... I dream it too much. A dh can use power of fel to heal (dont say no cause if priests can heal with shadow magic no reason for fel not to be used for healing). Also it would make sense cause demon hunters surviving without healing support in twisting nether for soo long does not make sense.

Deleted
    the Ethereals (close connection to the void, but not corrupted) will become a new Race which will be available for both Horde and Alliance.
    Impossible Ethereals dont have faces and blizzard likes to put emos on playable races for ingame cinematics and NPC interactions.
    That is why they undated all the old races toward Pandaren level.