View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    It's not my fault Blizzard can't make can't make good looking armour sets all the time - and importantly, it's not Blizzard's fault that I have tastes that differ from theirs. Transmog system lets us find a common ground. Reason I do not use my tier 20's looks because I wasn't a fan of it, nor tier 6 back in the days. Now I get to use Tomb of Sargeras gear and look the way that fits my character.
    All of this, so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    All games are supposed to Start bad > End good.
    Its a form of basic incentive.
    That's provably bad psychology for most people. it's true that some people respond to that process, but they are a minority. The fact is that positive incentives work better for most people at literally every step. Better-looking starting gear is a factor in hooking and retaining new players' interest in an age of so many alternatives, and it's a factor in hooking and retaining existing players' interest in new alts.

And for most of us, transmog hunting exists right alongside seeking new gear. I want new gear so that my characters perform better. I want more transmogs so that they appear more like I'd enjoy having them look. These are entirely complementary. And it's not true that transmog hunting happens at the expense of doing challenging-to-me things that may lead to new gear. The fact is that nobody's at peak performance all the time. Transmog hunting happens precisely when I don't feel like pushing the combat (and occasionally) other challenges. So it's actually competing for time with, oh, cooking, gathering, crafting, playing the auction house, exploring, filling in old quests and rep grinds, and like that.

First of all let me say "i do not want transmog to be removed from the game"
    If anything, i want new ways to bring excitement to *new items*

Now, with that out of the way, "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"

In the times of "pre transmog" there was surely an excitment once you completed your 5 tier set because you were now part of the "i look cool Club" instead of being part of the "i look like a Clown Club"

For example, now, in Legion. When you acquired a complete set of tier. Did you feel cool like in the old days? Did you change your Transmog?

Do you think there needs to be "new ways" to bring excitement to new items because of Transmog?
    Jesus Christ, dude, how many times are you going to post the same goddamn thread?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I think that transmog is one the best features added to modern WoW.

That looks like a technicolored nightmare come to life!
    You should have seen my old lvl 29 twink Pally back in BC, Man you want to talk circus clown... those were the ones to stay away from back then... the ones Screaming "Look at my Mismatched gear". xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    All of this, so much!
    Like i said before
    It's impossible to always do a better piece of art than the previous one.
    It would be like demanding Leonardo Da Vinci to do a better piece than the "Mona Lisa" right after he drawn it.

A system should be in place for you to be exclusively interested in the current content of the new expansion.

Makes no sense to be more excited about old stuff of 10 years ago than the new stuff Blizzard spends millions making...every single expansion.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that transmog ruined nothing.

If a new set is amazing, people will mog it regardless. If not, well...

Plus, there is finally the possibility to have an individual personalization. I may like a set but dislike one or two pieces. I can swap those easily now.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Loved your post because it trully speaks how i am. As you call it "some kind of RP'er" because i care more about looks than power.
    Every expansion it was a game/quest to me to look cooler than "everybody else". It was my main incentive.
    If that makes me some kind of RP'er than be it but i think there is more people like me.

After all we are all using transmog for a reason. Because we all love looks.

I corrected the OP to 5 tier pieces becase that's what i ment. I was missing one piece.

Na na na na na.
    We are all RP'ers because we all care about transmog. Just look at the poll.
    At least you admit it. Hopefully that helps you and everyone else realize why this topic is irrelevant though. Gear is for advancing your player first. It has a visual attached to it second. If at any point you feel new gear isn't worth getting then you aren't playing the game for the reasons that gear is made for and don't need to worry about it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Transmog does to me the exact opposite...

I get excited of new itens exactly cause I can use them while combining them with old itens in order to get a desired look.

I want to be frustrated for not having something OF THE CURRENT EXPANSION so i can get motivated to actually play it.
    It's a game, leisure activity. If it's fun, play it. If it's not fun, don't play it, do something else.

Btw there is already motivation to play current expansion, it's called seeing new content, being where the rest of the playerbase is (playing with people & socializing) and in case of items, growing in player power and having access to current content.

Transmog & wardrobe also gives people motivation to collect various sets, therefore giving them more content to do. Allows them to change look often if they're people who are easily bored of looking the same for months. Allows them to be creative and express themselves with the preferred look instead of being locked to the "current top gear look".

Here's the thing though.... They don't need to worry now, they can express themselves as they chose to, and if we like it, we can use part or all of it as we see fit, and if we don't, use a set we do like, or come up with our own look, half the fun I have with transmog is coming up with a look no one else has, btw... can't wait for the Trial of Style, just wish the rewards were better. but they can add to it latter on, as they stated. As to the "Mona Lisa" example being used over and over, Science has proven the fact that Leonardo had repainted it at least once on the same canvas, and spent many attempts on that Iconic smile.

The only thing that ruins the excitement of new items is that they look bad. IDK if it is a cause but I have long speculated that transmog allowed Blizzard to slide on set design. Most of the best sets are from TBC and earlier (some Wrath). The sets in Cata when transmog was added are probably the worst in the whole game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The only thing that ruins the excitement of new items is that they look bad. IDK if it is a cause but I have long speculated that transmog allowed Blizzard to slide on set design. Most of the best sets are from TBC and earlier (some Wrath). The sets in Cata when transmog was added are probably the worst in the whole game.
    Than maybe we should start pointing fingers to the art department xD
    No, i kid.

Because even if they do amazing new sets people will just wait for the expansion to end to get them when the content is outdated.
    Which is another problem.

It's not the arts department fault for us not being excited about CURRENT content more than OLD content.
    Its the design's department fault
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Some Cata Pieces have grown on me over time, whether it's a full set (Mage T13), or individual pieces for mood inspired /seasonal transmogs. (plate shoulders off Rag) But I agree, some of my favorite Armor, and weapons have all been from Vanilla-Lich King.

Tmog and obtaining gear for progression ain't the same thing.

You want all new gear you can all the time does not matter how it looks if you are looking for progression.
    Everything else is sentimental this isn't the runway show this is wow where gear is used for progression not to look cool.

Loved your post because it trully speaks how i am. As you call it "some kind of RP'er" because i care more about looks than power.
    Every expansion it was a game/quest to me to look cooler than "everybody else". It was my main incentive.
    You're playing the wrong game then. There are tons of other MMOs where the quest to look most cool (a.k.a. over the top ridiculous) seems to be way more important, WOW is mostly the quest to get as high ilvl as possible (for the min-maxers and sim-craft gurus there are intricacies and exceptions to the system, but for the masses it's mostly about chasing raw ilvl), and this existed for a least 8 years now if not more.

And then first you say you won't raid mythic because "ain't nobody got time for that" and then you "want to be cooler than other people", sorry, but in the world of no transmog you'd have zero chance of looking cooler than other players unless you were high rated pvper or mythic raider, because that's where Blizzard puts their intended "coolest sets". So literally what you're asking is being back to pleb status and never achieving your goal of looking cool. Are you some form of masochist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Gear is for advancing your player first. It has a visual attached to it second. If at any point you feel new gear isn't worth getting then you aren't playing the game for the reasons that gear is made for and don't need to worry about it.
    What? Gear is not suposed to fulfill you visually? Only second?
    Who is entitled to say that?
    Everyone is different.

From this thread i can tell A LOT of people care more about looks than power. The problem is that the looks they like are in outdated content where they should be in current content. Design Flaw (i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And then first you say you won't raid mythic because "ain't nobody got time for that" and then you "want to be cooler than other people", sorry, but in the world of no transmog you'd have zero chance of looking cooler than other players unless you were high rated pvper or mythic raider, because that's where Blizzard puts their intended "coolest sets". So literally what you're asking is being back to pleb status and never achieving your goal of looking cool. Are you some form of masochist?
    I was the most awesome looking person in the entire server just by raiding Naxx-25 in Wrath of the Lich King.
    I didnt had to be hardcore to look good back then.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all let me say "i do not want transmog to be removed from the game"
    Most of your threads lately have been about all the terrible things that happened to the game since transmog was introduced. We're not stupid.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hunter tier 18 springs immediately to mind for me.

Look at it. Looks like it was lazily designed. Another one from HFC that springs to mine is Shaman.
    The shoulders do not fit, but they can be deactivated. The set screams "Warcraft 3 dwarf hunter", and I use parts of it for a transmo I very much like, more so than any tier sets. The belt is the best thing ever for a hunter.

I like transmog, I especially love the appearance tab since it tells you what sets you have an how complete they are. I like collecting things so it's fun for me to go into old raids and complete all of the sets.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The shoulders do not fit, but they can be deactivated. The set screams "Warcraft 3 dwarf hunter", and I use parts of it for a transmo I very much like, more so than any tier sets. The belt is the best thing ever for a hunter.
    Yeah. That's why I usually add for me to stuff like this. Might not be my taste but could be for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Funny because OP's poll while biased ironically shows the people who believe Transmog ruined the game in the minority here.
    Yeah no kidding lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    LFR and transmog are two worst things ever added to game.
    This is one of the stupidest comments I've read. Don't do LFR if you don't like it and don't use transmog if you don't like it. Otherwise quit the game and stop bitching about it.