Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Snowflakes moving to their safe spaces LOL
    Snow flakes or not, if businesses and wealthy people leave... and Republicans tend to be more successful, they're gonna reap what they sowed. I mean who are they gonna tax then? A bunch of social studies graduates, hippies, illegals they've given sanctuary? Good luck with that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Snow flakes or not, if businesses and wealthy people leave... and Republicans tend to be more successful, they're gonna reap what they sowed. I mean who are they gonna tax then? A bunch of social studies graduates, hippies, illegals they've given sanctuary? Good luck with that..
    Funny thing that. The business community is pretty solidly against the social conservatives agenda. Hurts business and all lol

Sooooo yeah, you can't get too conservative either if you want to attract businesses

I was born and raised in Texas spent 20+ years there before spending the last 20+ here in California.
    Still have to visit family in Texas regularly.

You couldn’t pay me to live in Texas again. It’s a giant strip mall of fake-Christian mega churches, chain stores, and dingy dirt lots deemed “parks”. And yes, I spend time in urban (Houston), liberal (Austin), and remote country towns. It is not a pleasant place to be, and that’s before you experience the weather.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    But you see, its fine cause its a conservative snowflake standing up against liburals.
    Yup like your current government that end up being what they're been calling everyone else.

Enjoy you enraged denier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    I was born and raised in Texas spent 20+ years there before spending the last 20+ here in California.
    Still have to visit family in Texas regularly.

You couldn’t pay me to live in Texas again. It’s a giant strip mall of fake-Christian mega churches, chain stores, and dingy dirt lots deemed “parks”. And yes, I spend time in urban (Houston), liberal (Austin), and remote country towns. It is not a pleasant place to be, and that’s before you experience the weather.
    I still live here and all that confuses me. Central Texas has beautiful geography and parks. The cities aren't what you just described (that's the suburbs )

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's their choice.

On one hand, they're running away from diverging political views. That's an awfully good way of living in an echo chamber.

On the other hand, California has been rather toxic against conservative ideologies recently.

I suppose it's not really surprising.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

So this California scapegoating is actually working on people. Frightening.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I realised what the problem was when I read that she home schooled her kids. That shouldn't fly in any civilised country anymore.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So some whiney bitch lost an election and now all his sycophants are going to move to Texas?

Dang what a hot news story.

This is barely a step up from state bashing.

My favorite part is them whining about kids having the same or similar political opinions of their parents. Which is only a problem since they are opinions these retards disagree with.

I hope they have fantastic AC in Texas, else those snowflakes might melt. Gotta enforce their echo chamber. Donald Trump is stunning and brave and the Republicans have done nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    We left California a couple years ago. Probably one of the best decisions we ever made.
    Exactly. The people who hate California should have left DECADES ago. And you probably should have left way before you actually did, since California has been solid blue for a long long time. This is good news - people are leaving a place they hate and moving to somewhere they might like better. This is the way things are SUPPOSED to work Both Texas and California will thrive for years to come, and they both have PLENTY of opportunity. I hope you are finding the opportunities to thrive and be happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans tend to be more successful.

Yeah. That's why most red states owe the Feds more than they give and that's why California is something like the world's sixth largest economy.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Exactly. The people who hate California should have left DECADES ago. And you probably should have left way before you actually did, since California has been solid blue for a long long time. This is good news - people are leaving a place they hate and moving to somewhere they might like better. This is the way things are SUPPOSED to work Both Texas and California will thrive for years to come, and they both have PLENTY of opportunity. I hope you are finding the opportunities to thrive and be happy
    And both are drivers in the US economy. Good on them.

I response to that. That's a TX newspaper btw, and the article is recent.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...s-11202452.php

Aww shucks. Why not. I'll add these also.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...w-twitter-view

http://www.newyorker.com/business/cu...a-bested-texas

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...#main-findings
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-07-22 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Snowflakes moving to their safe spaces LOL
    https://media2.giphy.com/media/26FPO...qiqI/200_s.gif (Snip)

(Infracted) - Minor Spam
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-23 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll try and get by without them.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I feel like we need a new doomsday clock.

The new one counts down to the separation of the Union.
    But the clock wont stop ticking, as secession is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    It's basic mathematics. California has 40 million people, more than most rich countries, so no shit. What's interesting is how the state managed to get so much poverty (people in texas can afford much more, in all regards) while being democrat with lots of resources.

P.s. countries with highest GDP per capita by far are comprised of extreme islam.
    Then for curiousity: what is the GDP per capita for Cali and Texas ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    But the clock wont stop ticking, as secession is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Then for curiousity: what is the GDP per capita for Cali and Texas ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...GDP_per_capita

Article establishes poor relations. That's the thing--personal failures are commonly the motivator for transplants. Rarely are people the driven type willing to leave all friends, families, etc. behind for lower cost of living absent that economic incentive or their respective failures. People who move to climb the career ladder are typically younger and flock to populous cities. You can attempt to take it as a win for either state or political party, but politics is quite irrelevant, DFW, Houston, etc. (the regions 'conservative' transplants are moving to) aren't exactly getting more conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    If they were snowflakes, they'd be demanding a safe space in California. Not taking responsibility for themselves.
    This is pretty much what I would be thinking. Don't forget burning and destroying public property when someone they disagree with come to town.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Which states in more debt?