Many Questions, Handle it.

I know that the community in FF14 is very nice and thus, after doing research, I decided to ask here for some answers!

I played the game years ago.

I checked my character on the mog station, and he is:

-50 Scholar
    -50 Astrologian
    -50 Summoner
    -20 BLM

I do not remember how the class system works at all or any system honestly. I've raided extensively in M the past years in WoW and been inactive for some months now. I am looking towards FF14 for a friendly, semi-competitive to competitive free company that does raid. Also, people willing to let me know how stuff works in the game.

I want to play a healer in general. I want to know:

-Are there addons available? Like recount/skada to keep track of my healing performance and check my logs?
    -From what I remember the MSQ is extremely tedious at certain points in the game. Is that still the case? I don't mind it too much, but should I stick with it when leveling?
    -Which job should I level 1st?
    -Is there any free company that would like to have me?
    -I live in EU, but I played in Malboro-US. Can I transfer the character?
    -How bad would it be playing in a US server while living in EU?

Thanks in advance!

third party addon Advanced Combat Tracker, get the FFXIV plugin.

MSQ is your only choice when levelling, including some sidequests(your choice), i mostly dungeon grind to supplement the exp needed to level.

Tank/Healers level fastest as they are always needed.

just shout and an FC will msg you.

not sure

the ping will suck, this game is laggy, the "update" time is slow so you'll die a lot.

-Are there addons available? Like recount/skada to keep track of my healing performance and check my logs? Yes and no; ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) is what you'll need to install and set up for checking things like DPS, HPS, etc.

-From what I remember the MSQ is extremely tedious at certain points in the game. Is that still the case? I don't mind it too much, but should I stick with it when leveling? You already have level 50 AST so you're through the worst part of the MSQ. Heavensward stuff up through Stormblood is pretty decent. Much better than the slog that is 2.1-2.3 patch quests.

-Which job should I level 1st? Since there are no more cross class skills, you could opt to level up as AST, since it's your highest level, or SCH, since you get that "for free" as a result of leveling SMN. All healer jobs are in decent spots now power/balance wise.

-Is there any free company that would like to have me? Can try checking here.

-I live in EU, but I played in Malboro-US. Can I transfer the character? Yes; $18 USD and it lets you move all characters (if you have alt characters) from one server to another.

-How bad would it be playing in a US server while living in EU? Not as good as it used to be due to NA data center being moved out west. Others here (who are actually EU playing on NA servers still) can give better info on this front. The Chaos data center is in Frankfurt, so those servers would likely give you the best ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    -Are there addons available? Like recount/skada to keep track of my healing performance and check my logs?
    There's an addon called ACT that can be run outside the client.
    Officially speaking it's against the terms of service.
    Unofficially, if you're using it for yourself or a static is using it in their FC, Square has been clear they aren't enforcing anything in that regards. If you're berating people in random groups and being a jerk, posting numbers and bragging/belittling people, they can report you for it.
    Otherwise, there aren't any addons.

-From what I remember the MSQ is extremely tedious at certain points in the game. Is that still the case? I don't mind it too much, but should I stick with it when leveling?
    MSQ is still required, though you can buy potions on mogstation to skip ARR or ARR & HW. MSQ picks up in the lead in to Heavensward. Heavensward itself is much better with far fewer quests in the MSQ. Stick with it for leveling and do daily leveling roulette for extra XP. I'd also recommend picking up hunt bills in Ishgard while leveling in Heavensward for extra XP while you're out and about and find the target monsters.

If you find yourself too low for an MSQ quest, the Palace of the Dead in Eastern Shroud at Quarrymill is a 4 man dungeon with no tank/healer/dps requirements (so 3 dps + 1 healer is likely if you're going in healing). It grants strong xp for completing them in 10 level sets (Floor 1-10, 11-20, etc.). Once you reach 51-60, you're able to reset progress and restart at 51. People run 51-60 as an xp grind and you might find speed runs in party finder.

Astrologian is seen as a lot of fun with utility and healing right now. Scholar would still give you a healer plus summoner for DPS at the same time, though.

Probably just have to shout in cities and see what you find. I forget if there's an FC recruitment tool. I see ads in party finder sometimes, though.

Character transfers are available via mog station. They're not insanely expensive either if I recall.

We have a healer in the Netherlands that plays with us on Gilgamesh and he hasn't had any real trouble that he's brought up. He had trouble at launch and in Rhalgr's Reach (current end game gathering point), but otherwise not bad. He's also running with an older video card.

I really don't agree that the game is laggy nor the "update" time is a problem.

Can I transfer from US to EU? I did not make that clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    - or SCH, since you get that "for free" as a result of leveling SMN.
    And how does that work exactly? I don't remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you can move from NA server/datacenter to EU.

SCH and SMN are both based off the Arcanist class; you would have to unequip your SMN job stone in order to get the SCH job quest to show up. Once you do that, you then would be level 50 SCH because both SCH and SMN gain Arcanist xp as you level...and since they both go off of that, you end up with 2 jobs for the price of 1.

Yes, you can move from NA server/datacenter to EU.

SCH and SMN are both based off the Arcanist class; you would have to unequip your SMN job stone in order to get the SCH job quest to show up. Once you do that, you then would be level 50 SCH because both SCH and SMN gain Arcanist xp as you level...and since they both go off of that, you end up with 2 jobs for the price of 1.
    Both of those answers are very encouraging! Thank you and everyone that answered me so much!

One last question:

Is there a specific server in EU where raiding guilds are mostly concentrated in? Or are they spread around?

Both of those answers are very encouraging! Thank you and everyone that answered me so much!

One last question:

Is there a specific server in EU where raiding guilds are mostly concentrated in? Or are they spread around?
    I'm a NA player, so I would not be the best person to answer that question, to be honest. That being said, based on my observations, it seems that there's a fairly decent spread of players on all EU servers, so any of them should be able to provide raiding opportunities. Furthermore, the Party Finder is cross server now, so you can raid with anyone that's on a server in the same datacenter. If anything, the EU servers have unofficial designations based on language; Moogle for French, Shiva (I think) for German...others I dunno, but English is present on pretty much all of them.

I'm a NA player, so I would not be the best person to answer that question, to be honest. That being said, based on my observations, it seems that there's a fairly decent spread of players on all EU servers, so any of them should be able to provide raiding opportunities. Furthermore, the Party Finder is cross server now, so you can raid with anyone that's on a server in the same datacenter. If anything, the EU servers have unofficial designations based on language; Moogle for French, Shiva (I think) for German...others I dunno, but English is present on pretty much all of them.
    Thank you so much again!

Yes there is an addon called ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker). Not sure where to download it though since I don't personally use it. Just one word of warning. Do not use it to call out others on their DPS/HPS. It is a bannable offence. You can use it for your own personal use but shaming is a no go.

You can buy a story skip potion if you really want to skip the MSQ past 60. It will start you off at the quest for the current expansion. I would personally say keep at it because the story does get better later on. However I tend to do some side stuff and outlevel the current MSQ quest by a few levels so I don't hit a roadblock later on.

Since you want to play a healer I would highly recommend Astrologian. Has 2 stance abilities in which it can either be a Shield healer or a Regen healer. The card mechanic is pretty fun as well but might take a bit of getting used to. If you like a pet though and want to off DPS then Scholar hands down.

Loads. Just ask about and find what you want. From big to small, social to hardcore, PvP to RP there is everything in this game.

Yes you can transfer from NA to EU using the Transfer Service.

Not as bad as people make it out to be. The EU servers used to be in NA and people were playing fine back then.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 07:08 AM.

Thank you for your input again, Eleccybubb!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and for free WITH BONUSES to say Louisioux a new server

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes and for free WITH BONUSES to say Louisioux a new server
    That's exactly where I transferred to, but I didn't receive any rewards, unless they are that mail waiting for me, not knowing how to access it xD

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly where I transferred to, but I didn't receive any rewards, unless they are that mail waiting for me, not knowing how to access it xD
    You should get 10 golden Chocobo feathers as well as a chunk of gil if you had a house or apt. on your old server. I believe they will be in a mail at the moogle delivery when you log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    You should get 10 golden Chocobo feathers as well as a chunk of gil if you had a house or apt. on your old server. I believe they will be in a mail at the moogle delivery when you log in.
    What do those do?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do those do?
    They are the currency you get for the recruit a friend thing as well. You can use them to buy a couple of special mounts and a number of unique dyes.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gold_Chocobo_Feather

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    They are the currency you get for the recruit a friend thing as well. You can use them to buy a couple of special mounts and a number of unique dyes.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gold_Chocobo_Feather
    Said dye can also be obtained by retainer or bought but expensive. My advice go for two seater chocobo unless planning to recruit