7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is extremely convoluted. If they keys are not the torches, the torches could be literally any five things. If they are the torches, the metaphor is obvious, the way is lit by it being unlocked, extremely simple. If they are the keepers, how are they lighting the way?

The aspects clearly aren't involved, since first, there are two and a half of them alive, not five (dead or alive). And second their Titan empowerment was consumed and subsequently destroyed in the battle against Deathwing. So they aren't even connected to the Titans anymore (and one of them isn't the dragon who was empowered by the Titans in the first place)

I could maybe buy the keeper thing, if there were five and not nine of them (Archaedas, Freya, Hodir, Thorim, Mimiron, Loken, Tyr, Ra and Odyn, or if any of them were associated with N'zoth (Six of them were directly responsible for watching over Yogg-Saron and a 7th helped defeat Yogg, why would they be the key to N'zoth's prison or the torches that light the way? And why only five of them?).

But even beyond that, why would Odyn going to Ulduar light the way for N'zoth, hundreds of miles away sealed beneath the ocean?

Because the prison was already weakening and Azshara has more potent uses for the Tidestone as a weapon. It's possible that with her level of magic and the weakness of the prison, she could have just taken the Tidestone alone and used it to break N'zoth free. It's possible she doesn't actually server N'zoth, and they are just reluctant partners in crime.

Xavius took the tear because he was attempting to just have the nightmare overwhelm the entirety of the planet, like the above example of Azshara, this was a case where he was going to win with one of the artifacts instead of needing all five and to get the Legion out of the way.
    "The torches Lighting the way" is obviously a metaphore... could be refered to something or someone or the consequences of actions that will lead to the Rise of the Balck Empire.

Another thing, The Pillars of Creation used to seal the Tomb of Sargeras are 3: Hammer of Khaz'goroth, Tidestone of Golganneth and Tears of Elune.

Also, if the path is already unocked, just placing the Relics into the Tomb of Sargeras or having all the 5 in dalaran, and the relics are the torches, we don't need Odyn or someone else to "turn the key", because means that N'zoth is already free and when we came back from Argus we find this:

Otherwise, to completely free N'zoth is still missing something: someone who "turn the key" and beacuse the Lord of Raven is Odyn, something could happen, when Odyn's will arrive in Ulduar. Actually "The Keepers of Ulduar" are 4 + Odyn = 5

Maybe we give back all the relics to Odyn and at the Ulduar Keepers for hide them in a safe place like Ulduar?

We dont know what could happen to trigger the events that set Nz'th free, and we dont know in what kind of "prison" N'zoth is. But, Ulduar is for sure the place where we can find answers... Hint: during Legion pre patch we go to Ulduar to meet Magni, we find Faceless Echo there and a voice that wispers: "You are pown of force unseen". Why Old God's try to find their way in Ulduar if is useless to them?

About Dragons, or you have not read what I wrote or maybe it's my bad english. I state that was an interpretation about 5 keys are the 5 Aspects: with Ysera, Deathwing and Maligos dead, we got three keys down (already turned) and 2 remain (to turn)... the other 2 dragons must be "killed" in order to "Lighting the way", maybe to remouve every possible obstacle, expecially from Bronze Dragonfly?

But, aside of that interpreations, We know something else for sure about "dragons" and the attemp to kill Chromie:
    Ion: "It seems very likely we will have more dragon story in the future. Certainly when you are Level 112, as you learn in the Chromie scenario, dragons are going to be very important." We go back in time at level 112?

So, again, Odyn/ulduar and Dragons will be part of the next expansion or - Odyn - could be part of the event pre-patch or just part of the very first step, we know that at some point we loose our Artifacts could be related to that.

BTw I find this old post from 2011 about speculations of next expansion... its fun to read that now.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...7588173?page=1
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-07-22 at 03:50 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Just because someone is willing to spend gold on something because they want it doesn't mean they feel that they need it.
    My opinion on this is based on some articles and surveys about MMO players I've read a while ago, and I think even Blizzard mentioned it at some point - people will feel obligated to get stuff even if you designed it as non mandatory. And I tend to believe it, because I am one of these people. You're saying that no one feels artifact appearances are mandatory.. well I do. After Legion they're gone. Everything you get during Legion you'll keep as transmog, but the rest of it is gone.

I would love to get this stuff on my own pace, but Blizzard basically forces me to do as much as I can with their decisions in that regard. Being an older guy, I know where my priorities are, and essentially I'm not going to stress too much about it, most certainly I won't go to their forums to whine about it, but that feeling is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    You said it yourself, just think the opposite now - everyone can get anything, elitists complain that there is nothing worth getting in game that feels prestigious and the cycle continues.
    I'm not suggesting everyone should get everything, I just think we've got enough things to to divide players as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Her story has become mundane and boring. On top of that, the inclusion of the Forsaken as a playable race has stalled any plot development for the reclamation of Lordaeron.
    Lordaeron was pretty much reclaimed the moment Balnazzar, Detheroc and Varimathras were kicked out of it (well, sort of in the latter's case).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Shadow over Kul Tiras is a good bet but it sounds way too cheesy. My guess is that the next X-pack will be "Eventide". It's a simple name that sounds ominous without being too hamfisted.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I still think Wrath of the Alligator King should be a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    The only thing Guild halls and Class halls have in common, are the word "hall". That's probably it. Guild halls should never be about mandatory guild features, but about cosmetic rewards, customization und socialzing.

It would make no sense whatsoever to gate important gameplay stuff behind something, so that's a given. Then you have stuff like Pet Battles, that is also a fairly useless feature, yet it has a huge fanbase.
    Pratically is like the Archeology Shop... a room where to place your guild trophy and show it at yours guild mates.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-07-22 at 04:07 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Otherwise, to completely free N'zoth is still missing something: someone who "turn the key" and beacuse the Lord of Raven is Odyn
    Well, Khadgar or Medivh could be the "Lord of Ravens" as well. Both have a very direct / indirect connection to them. Odyn seems like a perfect bit but he isn't the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The Shadow over Kul Tiras is a good bet but it sounds way too cheesy. My guess is that the next X-pack will be "Eventide". It's a simple name that sounds ominous without being too hamfisted.

Funny thing about Eventide, it's the name of an expansion for Magic: The Gathering >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hey guys, I was absent for a couple of days, did I miss anything significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Hey guys, I was absent for a couple of days, did I miss anything significant?
    Nothing substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I am finally back from my ban again

Also if i wasn't banned i could have showed you cool shit early from the PTR but we've seen it now

TEAM SOUTH SEAS
    Yay guys, Bjoramier is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yay guys, Bjoramier is back.
    #SouthSeas
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Will they purge more abilities in the next expansion, any guess?

I am finally back from my ban again

Also if i wasn't banned i could have showed you cool shit early from the PTR but we've seen it now

TEAM SOUTH SEAS
    Yayyyyy! #TeamSouthSeas

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Nothing substantial.
    Thanks Nyel!

Marlamin showing signs of enjoying my presence...

Truly this will be the greatest speculation thread of all time, better than legion's.

We will make it more pages long and hopefully real leaks, oh and the log in screen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Nah... that's just a theory put forth by Khadgar.
    Hmm I can forsee the last enemy of WoW to be a Void Naaru and vs. Corrupted Velen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Hmm I can forsee the last enemy of WoW to be a Void Naaru and vs. Corrupted Velen!
    We already fought a Void Naaru. We fought one way back in BC(Muru)

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We already fought a Void Naaru. We fought one way back in BC(Muru)
    and we fight Lu'ra in Seat of the Triumvirate

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Funny thing about Eventide, it's the name of an expansion for Magic: The Gathering >.>
    Funny thing about Magic: The Gathering and World of Warcraft...

Wizards of the Coast trademarked "Warlords of Khanar" for an expansion with a story about a guy who goes back in time on a savage world revolving around warlike clans with a lot of orcs (when Magic usually doesn't use orcs) to change history to prioritize the race he preferred. Then Warlords of Draenor was announced a couple months later and Warlords of Khanar was renamed Khans of Tarkir.

It was an amusing coincidence. :P

I'm partially serious when I feel like Magic's upcoming Mesoamerica-inspired/dinosaur-riding/snake-haired-person/pirate set is going to coincidentally line up with World of Warcraft again. If it ends up being called Rivals of Zandalar or Rivals of Kul Tiras on top of that, we'll have something really weird on our hands.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-22 at 09:43 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyzk View Post
    and we fight Lu'ra in Seat of the Triumvirate
    The only Triumvirate left is Velen maybe not in the next 2-4 expansions but probably last or 2nd to the last. He's no longer the Prophet. So far it shows that Naarus can become our enemies and Naarus become void lords atthe end of their light life cycle.