View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I had quit the game in early cataclysm because the expansion was so bad. The only reason I came back was for transmogs, and also the new avenue of farming old raids for transmogs. I had a couple of friends do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    This is just my opinion probably, but you should always be able to find some good sets in every tier. The problem I have with Cata is that there are almost no sets in any tier that I would describe as good and some that are just the worst. The murlock stalker set for hunters could arguably be the worst hunter set ever and it is from Cata. T6 hunter is close for me, but a lot of people like it, not so much T14.

The funny thing is that I like the T5 power ranger paladin set lol.
    Well that's the thing with subjective opinions. People like different things. Even in Cata, there are sets that are very popular transmogs, ergo people liked them. Even if I personally don't like t11 DK, I see it being used as mog fairly frequently. Even the murloc hunter without the helmet looks like a nice set. Druid t11 is one of the better Druid sets, surely better than the ICC pac man shoulders. From Firelands, I liked Paladin, Mage and Shaman, and I think the Paladin and Shaman are very popular from that tier, Mage less so.

Some classes are sadly cursed with tons of ridiculous or bland sets, for example Rogues. Can't remember the last time we had a good Rogue set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Your poll is biased and stupid. There are no 'disadvantages' to being able to transmog gear - you can preserve and utilize the look of old sets/items that you love without it cluttering up bag space. Furthermore WoW armor is more detailed than ever before, with the kind of extra pieces, plates, etc normally reserved for NPCs. Only an idiot would play the 'lazy design because transmog' card.

So yeah. Literally 0 disadvantages.
    There are disadvantages, saying otherwise is insane!

Here are some:
    • You already feel acomplished in the beginning of the expansion if you already have a transmog you like
    • You don't feel excited with tier sets of the CURRENT expansion if you are already fulfilled looks-wise
    • If everyone already feels acomplished in looks...where is the quest? The quest to look cool?

Saying there is literally ZERO disadvantages is crazy...in my eyes ofcourse.
    The fact that there was no transmog created a constant quest to look cool every new tier release.
    It made you worried about recent content instead of old.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 06:23 PM.

These Disadvantages, are fabrications in your own mind mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    No transmog did not, but warforged and titanforged did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it takes away from it because you still unlock the appearance and can progress towards getting the whole set. You just get to look good on the journey instead of a clown

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    There are disadvantages, saying otherwise is insane!

Here are some:
    • You already feel acomplished in the beginning of the expansion if you already have a transmog you like
    • You don't feel excited with tier sets of the CURRENT expansion if you are already fulfilled looks-wise
    • If everyone already feels acomplished in looks...where is the quest? The quest to look cool?

Saying there is literally ZERO disadvantages is crazy...in my eyes ofcourse.
    The fact that there was no transmog created a constant quest to look cool every new tier release.
    It made you worried about recent content instead of old.
    If everyone disagrees with you, you are the insane one.

I don't see how transmog could ruin the excitement of new items. The new gear will either look good or it won't. Being able to change the appearance of your gear isn't going to take anything away from it.

That's where i see the problem.
    You see, now everyone is cool.
    So there is no excitement in new items.
    my enjoyment of the game is not based on what other people have, so maybe there's yer problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If everyone disagrees with you, you are the insane one.
    No, what people believe is the " Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages"
    You at least understand that? What it means.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    my enjoyment of the game is not based on what other people have, so maybe there's yer problem
    Again with this nonsense argument constantly being thrown around.
    Its not a matter of caring what others wear, its a matter of there is no quest anymore to look cool constantly every expansion, every tier release because everyone already looks cool with transmog and is already fulfilled "looks-wise".

It's the loss of a quest that existed "pre-transmog"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 07:14 PM.

No, what people believe is the " Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages"

You at least understand that? What it means. English.
    Only """""disadvantage""""" of transmog is that it costs gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "Never cared about the way my gear looked" option in the poll? GDI another poll that excludes me!

Deleted
    No because I can't transmog my itemlevel any higher.

You at least understand that? What it means. English.

Again with this nonsense argument constantly being thrown around.
    Its not a matter of what other wears, its a matter of there is no quest anymore to look cool constantly every expansion, every tier release because everyone already looks cool with transmog.

Understand?
    There - adverb 1.in, at, or to that place or position. 2.used in attracting someone's attention or calling attention to someone or something.

is - third person singular present of be.

no - adverb 1.not at all; to no extent. - noun 1. a negative answer or decision, as in voting.

disadvantage - noun 1. an unfavorable circumstance or condition that reduces the chances of success or effectiveness. - verb 1. place in an unfavorable position in relation to someone or something else.

English, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    You at least understand that? What it means.
    oh fucking please.
    you do realize that everyone voted for that because its the only option on your idiotically biased poll that comes closer to "no, its fine"?

Formerly known as Arafal

no: if a new tier set looks cool then collecting all the pieces is very exciting, even more so than before since you know you'll have it to transmog to in the future as well instead of its appearance becoming obsolete after a patch

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    oh fucking please.
    you do realize that everyone voted for that because its the only option on your idiotically biased poll that comes closer to "no, its fine"?
    I just didn't vote and "wrote in" my vote in my 1st post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only """""disadvantage""""" of transmog is that it costs gold.
    i already told you the disadvantages of transmog. Not understanding it is...i don't know what it is.
    It made people less interested/invested in the new items of the current expansion whilst in previous expansions it was mandatory to look like a clown unless you raided.
    And there is no quest anymore to look cool constantly every expansion, every tier release because everyone already looks cool with transmog and is already fulfilled "looks-wise".

There are 2 ways of being rewarded in this game "power" and "looks"
    And the "looks" is already covered with transmog. New items of the currrent expansion don't feel exciting while there are 10000 other sets to pick from in soloable content.

You can choose to pretend you don't understand this. That's fine.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 07:37 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesnt at all.
    It doesnt logically ruin your ecitement for a new tier sets cause yuo still have a choice to wear it instead of using transmog.
    And it becomes such an important part of the game, that ill lost the big chunk of my desire to play the game if theyll remove it from the game. I dont want my badass character to look like a poor clown. Almost nobody want.

i already told you the disadvantages of transmog. Not understanding it is...i don't know what it is and i better not say it.
    It made people less interested/invested in the new items of the current expansion whilst in previous expansions it was mandatory to look like a clown unless you raided.
    And there is no quest anymore to look cool constantly every expansion, every tier release because everyone already looks cool with transmog and is already fulfilled "looks-wise".

There are 2 ways of being rewarded in this game "power" and "looks"
    And the "looks" is already covered with transmog. New items of the currrent expansion don't feel exciting while there are 10000 other sets to pick in soloable content.

You can choose to pretend you don't understand it. That's fine.
    These "disadvantages" you speak of, are only that to you... no one else see it this way.