View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    i already told you the disadvantages of transmog. Not understanding it is...i don't know what it is and i better not say it.
    It made people less interested/invested in the new items of the current expansion whilst in previous expansions it was mandatory to look like a clown unless you raided.
    And there is no quest anymore to look cool constantly every expansion, every tier release because everyone already looks cool with transmog and is already fulfilled "looks-wise".

You can choose to pretend you don't understand it. That's fine.
    I am not pretending that I dont understand it, I am telling you it doesnt exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    These "disadvantages" you speak of, are only that to you... no one else see it this way.
    Then everyone else chooses to be blind...
    Like the guy above me pretending he doesnt understand.

Are you off your meds again?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I'm afraid he might be.

Deleted
    I voted the first option but only because the disadvantage for me is im actually playing more due to wanting to get transmog pieces. Also i play a hunter and most of the hunter tiers are shit so if i still looked like the rainbow clown puked on me i probably would not be playing.

EDIT:

Also, saying that excitement is reduced from obtaining new items is fucking stupid, i would not feel any better if i looked like a rainbow hobo going into an expansion
    Last edited by mmoc3e4518a6fa; 2017-07-22 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all the changes over the years in WoW, Transmog really seems like it's at the very bottom of things to complain about. Really, it's one of the most lauded over features and I see absolutely zero downsides to it.

Didn't vote. This poll is so biased. There's absolutely no disadvantages with transmog for me.

Deleted
    Maybe if i put the letters big. I'm desperate at this point. There is nothing more simple than this to understand.

If at the beginning of the expansion you have a transmog you like better than any tier released in the new expansion >>> You will spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item
    "looks-wise"

Is this not a easy fact to understand?

If the only reason you play the game is to "Get powerful" or "Look good" then I feel sorry for you. You've no friends in game, don't belong to a guild you like? I, like many others, play the came for camaraderie of those I've met over the years playing. Our goal is to Clear content while it's current, and have fun with each other while doing it. Gear.... just makes it easier. Many of us have found even stronger bonds because of Transmogging. Helping each other out when we find we need that one last thing to make it look Epic... but can't figure it out... or need help in getting the object, be it, Crafting, or still "unsoloable content".

Maybe if i put the letters big. I'm desperate at this point. There is nothing more simple than this to understand.

If at the beginning of the expansion you have a transmog you like better than any tier released in the new expansion >>> You will spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any item "looks-wise

Mental illness is no joking matter, please reconsider your stance on the meds you were prescribed.

Deleted
    Mental illness is no joking matter, please reconsider your stance on the meds you were prescribed.
    Now you are just making yourself look bad by not having any kind of counter argument.

excellent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpunkz View Post
    maybe if i put the letters big. I'm desperate at this point. There is nothing more simple than this to understand.

if at the beginning of the expansion you have a transmog you like better than any tier released in the new expansion >>> you will spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item
    "looks-wise"

is this not a easy fact to understand?
    if i dont like any tier from the new expansion better than the previous one it will feel like shit anyways

p.s put it all in caps so maybe you can understand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahadem View Post
    if i dont like any tier from the new expansion better than the previous one it will feel like shit anyways

p.s put it all in caps so maybe you can understand
    It was always better having a complete matching tier set than looking like a clown.

Or do you like clowns?

It's not so much that transmog ruined it but the lack of creativity coming from the design team.
    The art direction in regards to most new sets are very hit or miss I find, Yes, I know this is subjective, however, it seems to me that for every new tier there is maybe 2 really nice sets and the rest are lack luster.

If at the beginning of the expansion you have a transmog you like better than any tier released in the new expansion >>> You will spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item
    "looks-wise"

Who gives a fuck if you don't get excited for new items because of the looks? People have always been excited about new items because of the effect on their performance. This is a terrible argument.

- - - Updated - - -

It was always better having a complete matching tier set than looking like a clown.

Or do you like clowns?

No, it fucking was not.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Who gives a fuck if you don't get excited for new items because of the looks? People have always been excited about new items because of the effect on their performance. This is a terrible argument.
    At least you understand and admit it is a reality. And you bring a good argument that "power" > "looks"
    But thats debatable.
    Transmog is so much popular for a reason. Because people enjoy to look cool.

Or do you like clowns?

I see you are now using another's picture, that was used against you in the argument at first, when you 1st claimed that BiS gear always matched, cropped down, and removed from the original post. Right there is an example of a BiS DPS warrior during Vanilla, probably hoping to get into Naxx. Sure as hell doesn't looked matched to me.

Poll is stupidily biased. You aren't fooling anyone.

Here is my vote:

There are 0 disadvantages

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No. If a new tier set looks cool, it's worth completing for transmog. If not, I wouldn't have been excited for it anyway.
    Exactly. If new gear looks cool, I'll be excited for it cause I can have it's appearance forever. if the new gear looks like crap, I wouldn't have been excited for it without transmog, at least now it's less annoying that it's hideous cause I can make it look good via xmog.

So, as for your poll, I am voting the same as the person above me:There are 0 disadvantages

Transmogging allows me to enjoy the stats and procs/bonuses of new gear without the unfortunate "...but it looks horrible"-clause, since i can make it match the rest of my outfit, it doesn't diminish the thrill of new gear at all...