View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I see you are now using another's picture, that was used against you in the argument at first, when you 1st claimed that BiS gear always matched, cropped down, and removed from the original post. Right there is an example of a BiS DPS warrior during Vanilla, probably hoping to get into Naxx. Sure as hell doesn't looked matched to me.
    I don't know about Vanilla, never played it.
    But sure as hell BiS gear in every single expansion matches completely (only maybe not the waist and boots and it's a maybe)

If everyone is using transmog and there isn't anyone using the new sets, that should tell you something. The problem isn't transmog, it's that no one likes the new designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Maybe if i put the letters big. I'm desperate at this point. There is nothing more simple than this to understand.

If at the beginning of the expansion you have a transmog you like better than any tier released in the new expansion >>> You will spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item
    "looks-wise"

Is this not a easy fact to understand?
    It's easy to understand. It's also easy(for normal people) to understand that if the new gear doesn't look good to begin with, you will STILL spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item looks-wise, even if transmog NEVER EXISTED.

Deleted
    Transmog didnt ruined anything. Being able farm up gear from absolote content is problem. If Blizzard would remove all rewards from outdated content than transmog would not ruin anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no downsides to transmog, so nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    It's easy to understand. It's also easy(for normal people) to understand that if the new gear doesn't look good to begin with, you will STILL spend the rest of the expansion without being excited about any new item looks-wise, even if transmog NEVER EXISTED.
    So true, the only difference is now people can still enjoy how their character looks even if they hate the new armor sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

What is this Shadowpunkz 4th or 5th thread bitching about transmog in the past month now?

Simply put no, Transmog didn't ruin the excitement of the game. Hell if anything it along side LFR were the ones that actually paused the heavy bleed of subs that Cataclysm suffered from from 4.0 until 4.3. No one dislikes transmog except a few elitists who don't want anyone else except for them to look decent because somehow it hurts their feels of e-peen.

But sure as hell BiS gear in every single expansion matches completely (only maybe not the waist and boots and it's a maybe)
    Odd, because I remember in TBC... BiS Holy Pallies... had some cloth gear on because of better stat allocation. Find it real hard to think there was Cloth that looked like Pally tier.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?"
    For me NO.

At least you understand and admit it is a reality. And you bring a good argument that "power" > "looks"
    But thats debatable.
    Transmog is so much popular for a reason. Because people enjoy to look cool.
    I'm not "admitting" anything and I don't understand how you could think power vs. looks is "debatable". Power always trumps looks. Every time. That's why they implemented transmog, so players could look the way they wanted while using the best gear for their performance.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Odd, because I remember in TBC... BiS Holy Pallies... had some cloth gear on because of better stat allocation. Find it real hard to think there was Cloth that looked like Pally tier.
    Thats a design flaw and you know it. Probably the only exception to the rule in the entirety of many expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I'm not "admitting" anything and I don't understand how you could think power vs. looks is "debatable". Power always trumps looks. Every time. That's why they implemented transmog, so players could look the way they wanted while using the best gear for their performance.
    "Power always trumps looks everytime, that's why Blizzard implemented transmog"
    Makes no sense that phrase
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 08:17 PM.

I think it's safe to say that he's trolling/baiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I think it's safe to say that he's trolling/baiting.
    I am completely serious...

I think its a problem people are more excited about content of 8 years ago than current content "visually". I think is disturbing and a legit design flaw.
    Current content should always be the most important thing in every single way. Both "looks" and "power".

First of all let me say "i do not want transmog to be removed from the game"
    If anything, i want new ways to bring excitement to *new items*

Now, with that out of the way, "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"

In the times of "pre transmog" there was surely an excitment once you completed your 5 tier set because you were now part of the "i look cool Club" instead of being part of the "i look like a Clown Club"

For example, now, in Legion. When you acquired a complete set of tier. Did you feel cool like in the old days? Did you change your Transmog?

Do you think there needs to be "new ways" to bring excitement to new items because of Transmog?
    I will say as a new player of the game in BC, you could definitely tell who was doing what content. For me back then, that was part of the reason I wanted to start raiding. I thought there was some prestige to being one of the few people with top tier gear. Nowadays character appearance means very little in-game. Not to ever say it was super significant early on, but it definitely meant more back in the day in my opinion.

Thats a design flaw and you know it. Probably the only exception to the rule in the entirety of many expansions
    Not true at all, Arms Warrriors in TBC Stacks Armor Pen over anything else, and if a piece of Mail or Leather had Armor Pen, they wore it, Same with Fury Warriors... Crit over anything else, and back in TBC Agi gave Crit, Str gave atk pwr. It wasn't until 4.0 (The end of Wrath of the Lich King) did they Force you to wear all the same Armor classification, with the Addition of "Mastery". You gained a "Mastery bonus" 5% (Str, Agi, Int) If you wore all of the Same classification of Armor. Thus preventing the Rolling for Off Armor pieces because they were better stat'ed.

if you like the way it looks you'll still finish the set, so no.
    also if transmog was removed there would be a shitstorm the likes you've never seen before

No, it didn't. In TBC, the crafted tailoring gear was BiS for cloth wearers until T5 at least, and beyond in some cases. There was a good chunk of time, continuing into Wrath, where holy paladins wore cloth and plate melee users wore some leather pieces because those pieces were BiS for them. It was why they introduced "Armor Specialization" in Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

"Power always trumps looks everytime, that's why Blizzard implemented transmog"
    Makes no sense that phrase

It makes no sense because you can't understand words. Players will always take a more powerful piece over a better looking piece. Transmog was implemented so you could use those better pieces without being annoyed that they looked bad. Not a difficult concept.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    No, it didn't. In TBC, the crafted tailoring gear was BiS for cloth wearers until T5 at least, and beyond in some cases. There was a good chunk of time, continuing into Wrath, where holy paladins wore cloth and plate melee users wore some leather pieces because those pieces were BiS for them. It was why they introduced "Armor Specialization" in Cata.
    Let us not forget Engineering goggles for those of that profession, My mage was a tailor /Engineer in TBC, didn't really have to replace much gear until Hyjal. Then... the Engineering Goggle patterns from SWP were BiS.

Deleted
    Let us not forget Engineering goggles for those of that profession, My mage was a tailor /Engineer in TBC, didn't really have to replace much gear until Hyjal. Then... the Engineering Goggle patterns from SWP were BiS.
    Those were design flaws and not the reality for many many class/specs. Rogues and Feral druids for example would never wear cloth in their entire lifes.
    And the implementation of "Armor Specialization" in Cata was a confirmation that it was a flaw. like Deathquoi said

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Except everyone has different taste so they simply cant make tier set be "cool". Also, do they make tier not as cool to start because later on in an expansion they need look the best? This is a ridiculous argument.
    Thats exactly why i am saying i dont support the removal of transmog. I just support *new stuff* like "class acessories" or "CM sets of MoP with new animations on spells" and stuff like that to be implemented.
    No one in their right mind wants trasnmog to be removed.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 08:31 PM.

Yeah, crafted gear in general was pretty much always at or near the top of the BiS list and it rarely matched with most sets. Even the crafted stuff that was based on a tier set would only match one set.

- - - Updated - - -

Those were design flaws and not the reality for many many class/specs. Rogues and Feral druids for example would never wear cloth in their entire lifes.
    And the implementation of "Armor Specialization" in Cata was a confirmation that it was a flaw. like Deathquoi said
    That's not how this works. You can't say something was "always" a certain way and then claim that any evidence to the contrary is "a flaw".

I don't know why I keep responding to this guy. Absolute waste of my time.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely don't see what harm Transmog has or what disadvantages there even are. If I like the way something looks I'm going to leave it alone, if I don't I love having the option of changing the appearance. It's nice not being stuck with something hideous while waiting for an upgrade. If anything artifacts have ruined the excitement of gearing, I miss having weapon drops.