Poll: Azhara or Aegwynn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowyb View Post
    Well we can't really compare aegwyn and azshara in equal grounds. Azshara had the power of the well of eternity and as we saw in the wota trilogy even rhonin's power got huge boost just from being near the well. And since med'an is non cannon now the greatest one is probably aegwyn
    I don't understand you conclusion that Aegwyn is the greatest. If Azshara have been around for longer, have the guidance of the Old Gods and the source of increasing her powers, namely, Well of Eternity. Furthermore she have the motive of increasing her power, since she have increasingly grown stronger - I can't see it being a mere coincidence, rather it portends to explain her character, by being power thirsty and a central motive of her, would be dedication to magic in order to improve her power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ametaphysics View Post
    I don't understand you conclusion that Aegwyn is the greatest. If Azshara have been around for longer, have the guidance of the Old Gods and the source of increasing her powers, namely, Well of Eternity. Furthermore she have the motive of increasing her power, since she have increasingly grown stronger - I can't see it being a mere coincidence, rather it portends to explain her character, by being power thirsty and a central motive of her, would be dedication to magic in order to improve her power.
    I write greatest instead of strongest my mistake.

But still ı don't think that azshara is not that strong. Yeah she had the power of well but not anymore and yeah now she has the power of the old god or specifally n'zoth. I know if blizz wil bring azshara they'll show her a true horror on par with n'zoth or something but if she is just a puppet of an single old god ı don't expect great potential from her.

Deleted
    The guy that created the hearthstone is the strongest teleporter : 20 mins cd and can teleport you from the twisting nether back to goldshire for a cool beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Why the choice of Aegwynn in particular and not just the mantle of Guardian? There's no evidence that says a particular Guardian was ever stronger or weaker than the others.
    Because Jaina called her the greatest, and Khadgar called her the most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw pretty stupid arguments here. Med'an? With all his strength, he could not kill Cho'gall. Aegwynn defeated Avatar Sargeras and Azshara could force Mannoroth to strangle himself (as he himself noted). Yes, Azshara lost the Well of Eternity (do not forget, however, that before his explosion, she almost drowned in it, and the Source water filled her lungs because of what she nearly choked and the Old Gods rescued her). Let's take Xavius as an example. He was a VERY powerful magician with the power of the Well of Eternity, but did not he become much more powerful after losing the Well of Eternity and after he started serving the Old Gods and became the Lord of the Nightmare?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aegwynn was empowered by the other members of the Council of Tirisfal.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    There is that one line from Mannoroth that people love to throw around when talking about her power, about only Archimonde and Kil'jaeden being her superior, but all we can really take from that, is that she was at least more powerful than Mannoroth.
    I've always assumed the 3 leaders of the burning legion were also the strongest of them all. If Mannoroth claims only Kil'Jaeden/Archimonde could over match her in power that would actually make Azshara stronger than everyone in the burning legion except the 3....And this was when she was a night elf. She's obviously much more powerful now.

Sadly, Med'an.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

waiting for people to say Azshara 10000000000000000000000000 time

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I've always assumed the 3 leaders of the burning legion were also the strongest of them all. If Mannoroth claims only Kil'Jaeden/Archimonde could over match her in power that would actually make Azshara stronger than everyone in the burning legion except the 3....And this was when she was a night elf. She's obviously much more powerful now.
    That's only if you assume Mannoroth is right below Kil'jaeden and Archimonde in terms of power though.

That's only if you assume Mannoroth is right below Kil'jaeden and Archimonde in terms of power though.
    Who else? Talgath?

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Who else? Talgath?
    Talgath is a possibility.

Other possibilities could be Kazzak or Tichondrius for example.

The dreadlords are lower in rank in the Legion than the Pit lords (although there are exceptions, Jaganot is subject to Meffystroth). So most likely Tikondrii not the strongest after them (and in the Legion force = dominion). Kazzaak? Seriously? He is much weaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Med'an would give both of them a run for their money.

Azshara was a skilled mage but a large portion of her power would have come from the Well of Eternity. Without it, Med'an would stomp her.
    Med'an has access to the same guardian powers that elevated Aegwynn to her status as one of the most powerful magi, but he has mastered the Elements and the Light as well, making his much more powerful than his granny.

Med'an is the gosh darn Avatar the Last Airbender of Azeroth and in my opinion, the most interesting character left in the Warcraft lore. I really hope he gets the attention he's due in the next expansion.
    Med'an is not even canon

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Med'an is not even canon
    Med'an as a character is still canon, he is no longer the Guardian but still exists as a character within the franchise. He's even mentioned in the Velen short story "The Prophet's Lesson."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Med'an is not even canon
    Oh...he very much is.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The dreadlords are lower in rank in the Legion than the Pit lords.
    Source? They serve different purposes withing the legion, doesn't mean one is higher ranked than the other.

Kazzaak? Seriously? He is much weaker.
    How do you know this?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was assuming everyone is below Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde in the burning legion in terms of power.

She was not only stated to be stronger Mannoroth but only that Archimonde,KJ and Sarg would prove superior to her. It means that back then she was stronger than anyone in the legion barring the top 3 by default because no one even comes close to the top three.

Source? They serve different purposes withing the legion, doesn't mean one is higher ranked than the other.

How do you know this?
    Sargeras is the leader of the Burning Legion. If missing, Kil'jaeden runs things in his stead.[2] Eredar serve as the Legion's overlords and strategists. Pit lords serve as generals and ground commanders.[80] Nathrezim are a step below pit lords.[81] Doomguard are four steps below nathrezim, serving as marines, captains, military leaders, and so on.[82] Terrorguards are close in rank and role to doomguard.[83] Felguard serve as rank and file soldiers.[80] The most powerful Burning Legion soldiers often carry an emblem of their rank and status within the demon army.[84]

I can not give you a link to the source, since all this is said in the Twitter account of Sean Copeland, who, unfortunately, decided to remove his Twitter. So I just decided to copy the text from Wowpedia, where there were links to his Twitter, though not working.
    So
    Eredars>Pit Lords> Dreadlords> Doomguards
    I repeat, there are exceptions. Eredar Arrazius The Cruel serves Kazzak and pit lord Jaganrot serves the dreadlord of Mephistrot, but
    The strongest pit lord> the strongest dreadlord> the strongest doomguard

We haven't seen Azshara actually fight , although the fact Mannoroth said she's on a level that only Sargeras and Archimonde was above means that she was naturally around Guardian level without the assistance of other mages.

Any actual answer to this question will just be head canon due to any actual show of prowess from Azshara other than talk.