Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There is plenty of good music out there. It's probably just not in the top 40. So you need to put in a little more effort to find it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    maybe i'm old now...but for fuck sakes, the music sucks ass.
    Apart from film music such as Star Wars, overall music quality has been in free fall ever since rock was invented.

Deleted
    there is tidbits of good music now...but if you ever grew up in the 80's..everything is shit though.
    Rickroll incoming!

/No, seriously, Stock, Aitken and Waterman sucked

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I miss the hair metal days
    This explains a lot. Hair metal is probably the most negatively criticized metal genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    This explains a lot. Hair metal is probably the most negatively criticized metal genre.
    Its just MTV turning Metal to Money same shit happend to Rap and Electronic music but ignoring pop always helps.

Is there anyone who doesn't like this?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Stop listenning to the radio and to shitty EDM,and you'll find out there's a ton of good music still being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Grunge rock ruined everything
    80's Pop ruined everything
    Hair Metal ruined everything
    Disco ruined everything
    Rock n' Roll Ruined everything
    Jazz ruined everything
    Etc.

As long as music as existed....there have been people like you complaining about how it all sucks "now".

You've become the modern day equivalent of the late 80's/early 90's dad that said "I call it cRap Music"
    The problem I have, personally, is that I can't even identify the current "thing"

Thats it, you're just getting old.

Nothing happened to it. There's tons of good music in basically every genre coming out all the time.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-07-22 at 11:46 PM.

nah it's terrible now.

I miss the 90s/early 2000's

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone likes different things, this is something you should have learned by the time you were like 10... You not liking something doesn't mean everyone shouldn't like it.

If you hate the new music you are hearing... don't listen to it, look for other stuff in different genres, or listen to old music.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Music is as good as it's ever been, for most genres it's better, considering that technology has enabled a much higher percentage of people to have access to creating it. That means there's also a ton more shit to wade through, but what really happened is that you got old and lost the desire to wade through shit to find good music. 20 years ago I doubt you were bumping super popular radio trash like the Scatman, Barbie Girl, Vengabus, Hanson, Spice Girls, etc, but you had the drive to discover music, or had friends that did.

They are some good songs to occasionally find on the radio or wherever. Not a lot, but they are there.

/absorbed into the Light

You can get some "interesting" results from YouTube Recommendations.

A blast from the 80's

Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-07-23 at 01:34 AM.

Most of the "popular" music is pretty trash IMO, but there is such a wide variety that you can find good stuff. You just have to look harder.

In the early days of rock, it was the popular music, but when rock started diverging down a zillion different paths, I think a couple of things happened:
    1) various types and genres and sub-genres have smaller overall audiences, thus getting less air time and/or exposure than the "mainstream" and top tunes pop music, and
    2) with the proliferation of genres, artists (and fans) began focusing on not just the music, but the "image" associated with certain types and genres- in some cases I think, to the detriment of the music's quality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    2) with the proliferation of genres, artists (and fans) began focusing on not just the music, but the "image" associated with certain types and genres- in some cases I think, to the detriment of the music's quality.
    It's all just cosplay, lightshow and tits. Bling bling, stupid makeup, stupid clothes, stupid hairstyles. And no music whatsoever.

Yes, sorry to say it sounds like you got old.

I think some of it coming out now is good, but I only hear a couple songs I like per year it seems.

10+ Year Old Account

Music is better than ever. This video is proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the hair metal days
    Good music

Hair metal

Pick one.