Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Warlock: Healer
    Oh, my sweet summer child... did you forget when Warlock was used as a tank against Leotheras the Blind in Serpentshrine Cavern raid during The Burning Crusade?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I know this topic has been beaten to the ground.

So that's my two cents on this dead horse. Feel free to give feed back
    You know it's a dead horse, so why oh why do you keep flogging it? It's dead, rigor mortis has set in, it's almost rotting.... Please bury it and put some nice flowers on the grave and leave it alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    outlaw tank? wtf? some ideas are nice, but others are bad

and since the game is to full of class/spec, and to damn hard to balance, this would be more terrible than good

what? are you assuming people only play druid because they have 4 specs, and shamans could get their job? this didn't make any sense

this way why play warrior if they give us DK? shaman tank is a thing, who should be ingame regardless this 4 spec for all
    That's a big factor in choosing classes and not the only reason.
    If people have to choose between 2 classes that have all roles covered but one limits you by making you forced to stare at a bear/cat/chicken everytime and another instead is free of that, you can bet that a lot more people would choose the latter one, as i would too (all lore,gameplay and stuff aside).

Every class lacks something and shaman then would lack nothing (perhaps a 2h dps spec lol)

Shapeshifting is a boon and a curse of druids because its limiting and PERSONALLY it gets boring fast.
    With a shaman tank 4th spec i can have all the pro and none of the drawbacks and i can choose a class, enjoy every aspect of the game and never look back, unless i'm a FOTM reroller.

Same thing paladin... i can see them adding a priest dps spec based on holy spells rather than a paladin ranged spec for the same principle.

Either give everything to everyone or nothing to noone that's how i see it on this matter.

As i said though it is unlikely but not impossible, i would be happy too because shaman is my main lol

To balance out my earlier post:

Four Specializations
    Druid
    Shaman: Earthwarden (Tank Specialization - Earth), Elemental (Fire), Enhancement (Air), and Restoration (Water)
    Mage: Arcane, Blood (Fire Specialization - Revamped), Elemental (Frostfire Specialization - Combination of Fire and Frost), and Temporal (Time Spells - Battle Mage - Melee)
    Monk: Missing a Ranged DPS Specialization for Yulon (Chi-Ji takes over for Mistweaver)

Three Specializations
    Death Knight
    Hunter
    Paladin
    Priest: Light (Holy), Discipline, and Void (Shadow)
    Warlock

Two Specializations
    Demon Hunter
    Rogue: Assassination and Outlaw (Subtlety Removed)
    Warrior: Arms and Protection

"I know this topic has been beat into the ground so I'm gonna post a giant wall of text anyway!"

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Death Knight and Warlocks as healers? Just doesn't sound right...
    It sounds downright stupid. Lock as necromancer, OK that could work. There's a connection between demons and the undead that has history in WOW, so that makes sense.

But the game doesn't need more specs. It needs the current specs to be as diverse yet balanced as possible. I'd rather them attempt to "perfect" what's already in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. No more specs, Blizzard can't handle the balancing.

If anything, they should pick the 'Pure DpS' classes and change one of their 3 specs into something else that isn't DpS. >_>

Holy Ranged Spec. That's all we need.

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd really expect any '4th spec' to be more like a class morph than anything, something like a sub-class.

Example - All Warriors are classed as Warrior (SPEC) but the 4th spec would just change their class head to CLASS.

Warrior ---> Gladiator - Sword and Board DPS with high mobility and counters. Can off tank.
    Death Knight ---> Lich - Medium range range DPS and pets.
    Mage ----> Spellbreaker - Arcane melee/mid range DPS/Tank hybrid.
    Shaman ----> Shadow Hunter - Healer/DPS Hybrid that uses totems as main abilities.
    Rogue ----> Warden - A rogue variety that doesn't use stealth, and uses 2h weapons.
    Monk ----> ????? - Ranged DPS and debuffs.
    Warlock ----> Bloodmage - Healer/DPS hybrid that uses Blood as a resource to heal or damage. Secondary healer.
    Priest -----> Paladin - Wear plate armour.
    Paladin ----> Priest - Intense healer with 3 different specialties.
    Hunter -----> Ranger - No pet hybrid melee/ranged debuff heavy DPS.
    Druid ----> Split cat and bear forms into their own dedicated specs.
    Demon Hunter ----> The Illidan - Become a raid boss.
    Demon Hunter (for reals) ----> ????? - Permanent metamorphosis medium range DPS.

Can we please stop advocating this? You can NOT do this and have the game still be balanced. Its hard enough keeping all the specs interesting and unique now, let alone balanced and changing with each expansion.
    Please please please stop making threads on this.

If it happens, it will absolutely ruin the game.
    Things are so out of whack with Demon Hunters that it takes them 4 patches to get Havoc right and they are still insane. Its not a good idea and anyone who actually plays the game should realize this.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They cant even balance what they have now, more specs would be nothing but a detriment to the game state. We need less with better identity.

hell no to hunter tanking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    They cant even balance what they have now, more specs would be nothing but a detriment to the game state. We need less with better identity.
    there is NEVER GOING TO BE PERFECT balance so can people shut the hell up.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunters should have a ranged spec that plays similar to the demon hunter in D3 haha

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    hell no to hunter tanking.

- - - Updated - - -

there is NEVER GOING TO BE PERFECT balance so can people shut the hell up.
    no one is asking for perfect balance you muppet

I'd be okay with the addition of a fourth spec for each class, but only if it can be implemented well.

Deleted
    I agree with the spirit of it, but not with the implementation. My take would be to only add one new role to existing pure-dps classes, so rogues, hunters, mages and warlocks. Ideally take an existing spec and change it to a tanking/healing role.

Outlaw now a tanking spec.
    Survival now a tanking spec. Pet is used as tanking cooldowns.
    Time spec is a new spec for mages to heal, or change arcane into it.
    Demonology is tanking spec now. Each demon is a different tanking cooldown and unlike the hunter, demons are easily expendable.

Cool ideas. Personally in a hypothetical WoW 10 years from now, I'd rather them make more classes with less specs. Hypothetically they could spread the gameplay and mechanics of what we currently have into some new classes already, effectively adding minimal new code, but major amounts of new thematics and aesthetics. And it could finally quell the unending requests for things like Necro, bard, tinker, indiana jones and so on, more accurately hitting everyone's unique class fantasies.

Plate -
    Knight: Gladiator, Rally (New - Healer/Support)
    Warrior: Fury, Protection (Warrior)
    Paladin: Holy (Paladin), Lightsworn (renamed Prot paladin)
    Vindicator: Retribution (Paladin), Inquisitor (Arms reworked as Dual wield-weapon spec)
    Death Knight: Blood, Frost
    Necromancer: Unholy (reworked as RDPS), Fleshcrafter (New -Healer)

Mail -
    Beastmaster: Beast Mastery (Hunter), Companionship (renamed Survival - Legion version)
    Explorer: Sharpshooter (renamed Marksmanship), Archaeologist (New - Whip using Melee DPS)
    Tinker: Exo-pilot (New - Tank), Field Mechanic (reworked Enh, now uses turrets instead of totems and a wrench instead of imbued weapons)
    Shaman: Restoration (Shaman), Elemental (has minor melee interactivity if situation were to arise)

Leather -
    Pirate: Outlaw (Rogue), Swashbuckler (New - Tank)
    Rogue: Contract (Ass/Sub combined), Bard (New - Support Healer like Disc)
    Monk: Brewmaster, Mistweaver
    Fighter: Windwalker (renamed Brawler), Chiweaver (New - RDPS)
    Druid: Feral, Guardian
    Wildmage: Restoration (Druid), Balance
    Demon Hunter: Havoc, Vengeance

Cloth -
    Priest: Holy (Priest), Discipline (Legion version)
    Cultist: Shadow (Priest), Destruction (Warlock)
    Mage: Arcane, Frost
    Warlock: Demonology, Affliction
    Battlemage: Fire (Mage), Spellslayer (New - Melee DPS)

So now this has 22 classes, but only actually involves 10 reworked specs (3 classes worth of work for double the output). This means a shitload more new tier sets, artifact weapons and class mounts. Biggest drawbacks are things like Order halls and future class-specific content now becoming being borderline impossible to develop on such a mass scale. And viola forever people will have their class fantasies fulfilled.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    Cool ideas. Personally in a hypothetical WoW 10 years from now, I'd rather them make more classes with less specs. Hypothetically they could spread the gameplay and mechanics of what we currently have into some new classes already, effectively adding minimal new code, but major amounts of new thematics and aesthetics. And it could finally quell the unending requests for things like Necro, bard, tinker, indiana jones and so on, more accurately hitting everyone's unique class fantasies.

Plate -
    Knight: Gladiator, Rally (New - Healer/Support)
    Warrior: Fury, Protection (Warrior)
    Paladin: Holy (Paladin), Lightsworn (renamed Prot paladin)
    Vindicator: Retribution (Paladin), Inquisitor (Arms reworked as Dual wield-weapon spec)
    Death Knight: Blood, Frost
    Necromancer: Unholy (reworked as RDPS), Fleshcrafter (New -Healer)

Mail -
    Beastmaster: Beast Mastery (Hunter), Companionship (renamed Survival - Legion version)
    Explorer: Sharpshooter (renamed Marksmanship), Archaeologist (New - Whip using Melee DPS)
    Tinker: Exo-pilot (New - Tank), Field Mechanic (reworked Enh, now uses turrets instead of totems and a wrench instead of imbued weapons)
    Shaman: Restoration (Shaman), Elemental (has minor melee interactivity if situation were to arise)

Leather -
    Pirate: Outlaw (Rogue), Swashbuckler (New - Tank)
    Rogue: Contract (Ass/Sub combined), Bard (New - Support Healer like Disc)
    Monk: Brewmaster, Mistweaver
    Fighter: Windwalker (renamed Brawler), Chiweaver (New - RDPS)
    Druid: Feral, Guardian
    Wildmage: Restoration (Druid), Balance
    Demon Hunter: Havoc, Vengeance

Cloth -
    Priest: Holy (Priest), Discipline (Legion version)
    Cultist: Shadow (Priest), Destruction (Warlock)
    Mage: Arcane, Frost
    Warlock: Demonology, Affliction
    Battlemage: Fire (Mage), Spellslayer (New - Melee DPS)

So now this has 22 classes, but only actually involves 10 reworked specs (3 classes worth of work for double the output). This means a shitload more new tier sets, artifact weapons and class mounts. Biggest drawbacks are things like Order halls and future class-specific content now becoming being borderline impossible to develop on such a mass scale. And viola forever people will have their class fantasies fulfilled.
    This makes me rage inside.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

A fourth spec for every class will never happen. That could be 3 or more entire classes which could be introduced in 3 expansion instead of just one.

No, really. They can't even come up with a good 3rd spec for their new class. And we already are in balancing hell. Adding 4 full classes worth of specs won't happen. Ever.

A whole lot of added work, with little to no gain. We have enough choice for every role, adding different colored icons for the same shit is not adding "content".