Poll: Azhara or Aegwynn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I was assuming everyone is below Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde in the burning legion in terms of power.
    Yes, not what I'm getting at though.

Mannoroth being afraid of Azshara doesn't mean she's stronger than everyone in the legion besides Kil'jaeden and Archimonde unless Mannoroth is the next best thing after those two.

There could be several reasons for him claiming that only Kil'jaeden and Archimonde would prove superior.

It could be arrogance first of all. He is after all a pretty arrogant demon, and could very well be thinking that he's the strongest after those two.
    It could be a lack of knowledge of the big players within the legion. It's unlikely he knows every member and what they're capable of. He is after all, a frontline commander who cares very little for anything other than waging war..
    It could simply be be an exaggeration because he's never met someone outside the legion who's stronger than him before Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    She was not only stated to be stronger Mannoroth but only that Archimonde,KJ and Sarg would prove superior to her. It means that back then she was stronger than anyone in the legion barring the top 3 by default because no one even comes close to the top three.
    But the statement came from Mannoroth himself didn't it? My point it, it's anecdotal evidence at best.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Sargeras is the leader of the Burning Legion. If missing, Kil'jaeden runs things in his stead.[2] Eredar serve as the Legion's overlords and strategists. Pit lords serve as generals and ground commanders.[80] Nathrezim are a step below pit lords.[81] Doomguard are four steps below nathrezim, serving as marines, captains, military leaders, and so on.[82] Terrorguards are close in rank and role to doomguard.[83] Felguard serve as rank and file soldiers.[80] The most powerful Burning Legion soldiers often carry an emblem of their rank and status within the demon army.[84]
    This is a general description though. As you admitted yourself, there are exceptions.

Edited: removed stupidity.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-07-23 at 01:18 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    She was not only stated to be stronger Mannoroth but only that Archimonde,KJ and Sarg would prove superior to her. It means that back then she was stronger than anyone in the legion barring the top 3 by default because no one even comes close to the top three.
    ^^ this is what I'm trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Yes, not what I'm getting at though.

Kazzak was/is Kil'jaedens right hand just like Mannoroth was Archimondes' second-in-command. They could very well be close in power.
    Lol what? What nonsense? Kazzak was never named Kil'Jaeden's right hand. So called either Talgath or Tichondrius.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Lol what? What nonsense? Kazzak was never named Kil'Jaeden's right hand. So called either Talgath or Tichondrius.
    I'll freely admit that was me being dumb, that was apparently in the RPG, I missed that part.

LOL what about Khadgar?

Nah he's just a shit wizard.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Jaina. She has both mage powers and dreadlord powers in her arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I've always assumed the 3 leaders of the burning legion were also the strongest of them all. If Mannoroth claims only Kil'Jaeden/Archimonde could over match her in power that would actually make Azshara stronger than everyone in the burning legion except the 3....And this was when she was a night elf. She's obviously much more powerful now.
    KilJaeden=Archimonde>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Azshara>Mannoroth>individual members of BL.

not that impressive

Deleted
    I'm sick of these short lived human mages hanging around long lived demigod tier races like Elves and Draenei as if there is even some minor sense of parity between them.

To visualise it better let's imagine "-" equals 25 years of gaining knowledge and power.

Human --- (75 years)

Blood Elf ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ (3000 years)

Night Elf ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10 000 years)

I won't show Draenei because it gets ridiculous there.
    Yes, guardians are powered by other mages, some minor human ones, some Half-Elves i think, but still they have no hope even against a medicore 3k years old Elven mage, let alone Azshara.

Deleted
    Azhara destroyed a pillar of creation, not even the blue dragons know how.

This was a single cast from Azhara. And woa says maybe kil and archimonde suporrior her power, not definitly.

Lei shens wildest fantasy of power is nothing against Azhara. (Chronicle) and lei shen was empowered by ra dens power + aman thuls spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    We haven't seen Azshara actually fight , although the fact Mannoroth said she's on a level that only Sargeras and Archimonde was above means that she was naturally around Guardian level without the assistance of other mages.

Any actual answer to this question will just be head canon due to any actual show of prowess from Azshara other than talk.
    We know that her passive charm magic (ten thousand years ago, without any Old God influence) was so powerful that the heroes who were able to hold their own against Archimonde in Hyjal were could not land a damaging attack against her. And that she was able to shatter a Titan Pillar of Creation from hundreds (thousands?) of miles away.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xso111 View Post
    KilJaeden=Archimonde>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Azshara>Mannoroth>individual members of BL.

not that impressive
    How do we know the gap is that big ? There is so little info on Azshara and her power. Is there any supporting evidence or is that just an opinion ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    The Great Akazamzarak!!!

Sorry but no sorcerer even comes close cause A. He has the word The Great attached to his name and B. He can summon rabbits and bouquets of flowers and i have never seen any great mage or warlock of any kind pull off that kind of power!
    PARTS of rabbits don't count as summoning rabbits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i still believe aegwynn was the strongest guardian to ever live. she was exceptional as a normal mage, and the guardian powers only built on that.

she was able to stand with medivh for a while before he defeated her, with the guardian power. if you could make them fight while both have guardian power, i have no doubt she would win.

so aegwynn, definitely. azshara was good, but not that good. we've beaten everyone said to be stronger than her.
    Didnt medivh also hold back a lot of his power because of him trying to fight with sargeras within himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Didnt medivh also hold back a lot of his power because of him trying to fight with sargeras within himself?
    yeah, but he also instantly merked a blue dragon with what power was being used.

At some point there was no holding back. He was completely taken over by Sargeras when he was fighting Khadgar and Lothar.

Azshara.

With all of that N'zoth power inside of her, you'd expect her to at least be 30x what she used to be, right?

I mean, even without the well, she should be pretty fucking strong.

Also, Aeqwynn's dead, so she doesn't really count.

We're like Khadgar Tier in power, so, idc.

Deleted
    This: She no longer has access to the well stuff is brought up quite often, but i think people forget what the Well really was. It was just some spilled blood from the wound Y'Shaarj left when he was torn from Azeroth, that goes down all the way to the planet core. Since Zin Azshari sank to the ocean floor, way closer to the planet core, she might have even more access to the world soul's power.

Those who stayed up were cut off from the power, yes. But not Azshara.

Deleted
    At some point there was no holding back. He was completely taken over by Sargeras when he was fighting Khadgar and Lothar.
    yeah i know, but shouldnt medivh then be considered even stronger than aegwynn? Having sargeras in your body should at least boost power lvls a little?

yeah i know, but shouldnt medivh then be considered even stronger than aegwynn? Having sargeras in your body should at least boost power lvls a little?
    It depends. If you are talking about raw power and potential then yes but if it's about the merit of being a mage then I think Aegwynn was better than him. It's kinda unfair to bring up guardians when we are talking about who is the best mage/sorcerer because guardians have power of many strong mages in themselves. It's like when Jaina had Focusing Iris. She obviously was not than strong in normal circumstances. Aegwynn and Medivh would still be very strong with no guardian power but not more so than Khadgar is right now.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-07-23 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    This: She no longer has access to the well stuff is brought up quite often, but i think people forget what the Well really was. It was just some spilled blood from the wound Y'Shaarj left when he was torn from Azeroth, that goes down all the way to the planet core. Since Zin Azshari sank to the ocean floor, way closer to the planet core, she might have even more access to the world soul's power.

Those who stayed up were cut off from the power, yes. But not Azshara.
    Perfectly put. I want to add: the wound leaking power, was power from Azeroth (sleeping world soul). This means some Old Gods can channel power from the world soul. It is not relevant in terms of distance, rather the FACT one can channel and IF Azshara CAN. It is likely since she have assistance.