So people have done the math and of the 3 new stats on gear the movement stat is entirely useless. It does not affect run speed at all. It only effects base movement speed. Compared to more shields or more regen that is a detriment to spec into. So its just a two stat game. So two stats, two specs and everything thats not a power weapon now feels like a primary.

Sounds like vanilla destiny alright :/

Hopefully the beta acts as a beta and not a demo and this stuff gets remedied. Just make the mobility stat effect cooldowns instead or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So people have done the math and of the 3 new stats on gear the movement stat is entirely useless. It does not affect run speed at all. It only effects base movement speed. Compared to more shields or more regen that is a detriment to spec into. So its just a two stat game. So two stats, two specs and everything thats not a power weapon now feels like a primary.

Hopefully the beta acts as a beta and not a demo and this stuff gets remedied. Just make the mobility stat effect cooldowns instead or something.
    You would think Bungie would have learned from Destiny 1. Its starting to look like that's not the case at all, I guess we shall see at release.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's the beta I would not be surprised if the stats aren't actually enabled. Just like how most of the items aren't turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's the beta I would not be surprised if the stats aren't actually enabled. Just like how most of the items aren't turned on.
    6 weeks till launch.
    While loot might be turned off the mechanics themselves should be done for a while now.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    6 weeks till launch.
    While loot might be turned off the mechanics themselves should be done for a while now.
    Yep, tired of people saying this is a beta. Its not a beta its a demo, no major changes are happening this close to release. Company's abuse the term beta and people just keep falling for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep, tired of people saying this is a beta. Its not a beta its a demo, no major changes are happening this close to release. Company's abuse the term beta and people just keep falling for it.
    Yep. This is nothing more than a game preview to entice more preorders. The most they are going to do between now and release is tweak some numbers. No drastic changes are going to happen. The earliest we will probably see major changes is the first DLC, especially going by Bungie's track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yep. This is nothing more than a game preview to entice more preorders. The most they are going to do between now and release is tweak some numbers. No drastic changes are going to happen. The earliest we will probably see major changes is the first DLC, especially going by Bungie's track record.
    I know at some point ill get Destiny 2 but it won't be day one. Between so many releases and me moving it has dropped off my radar. The fact this feels like vanilla destiny 1 but with a bit more story (so far) doesn't help anything IMO.

Ill let them iron out all the BS before giving it a go. Also ill sit back and watch how well the community matchmaking works. I have a feeling that will become a cluster fuck.

The purpose of this beta is mainly to test the servers. Bungie has even admitted that this is an old build so we shouldn't expect any of this to properly represent the final product.

The purpose of this beta is mainly to test the servers. Bungie has even admitted that this is an old build so we shouldn't expect any of this to properly represent the final product.
    Funny they said the same thing about Destiny 1's "Beta" and look how that turned out.

This isn't a beta, this is another company once again abusing the term Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im in the beta out right now. Its alright.

I know at some point ill get Destiny 2 but it won't be day one. Between so many releases and me moving it has dropped off my radar. The fact this feels like vanilla destiny 1 but with a bit more story (so far) doesn't help anything IMO.

Ill let them iron out all the BS before giving it a go. Also ill sit back and watch how well the community matchmaking works. I have a feeling that will become a cluster fuck.
    Well they already said that the PvP matchmaking will involve SBMM (skill based matchmaking). Add in the fact that all PvP modes are now 4v4 and it's guaranteed to be a sweat fest every time you enter a PvP match. Which is the opposite of fun for me. I've got a feeling that the SBMM 4v4 idea will backfire in their faces.....big time. I fully expect them to backpedal on some of the changes and especially add in 6v6, 3v3, and Free for All (Rumble) at some point to try and save face.

Well they already said that the PvP matchmaking will involve SBMM (skill based matchmaking). Add in the fact that all PvP modes are now 4v4 and it's guaranteed to be a sweat fest every time you enter a PvP match. Which is the opposite of fun for me. I've got a feeling that the SBMM 4v4 idea will backfire in their faces.....big time.
    Ya when I get Destiny 2 I'm going to avoid PVP like a plague. I didn't mind it in D1 as something to do every once in a blue moon. But the changes to it in D2 IMO are just going to make it much worse.

Likely once again ill feel forced to do Pvp at lease for the daily to gear up for PVE....ffs.

I don't understand the problem with 4v4, are people just bothered by the fact that they have to contribute instead of leaving it to others?

I don't understand the problem with 4v4, are people just bothered by the fact that they have to contribute instead of leaving it to others?
    If this is the conclusion you came to after seeing everything that has been said then explaining it to you is pointless.

Uhhhh, no. Making it all SBMM 4v4, regardless of the mode played turns every match into a sweat fest. And a lot of people don't find that fun. Which is ironic because Bungie themselves admitted that they wanted PvP to be a fun, casual experience where people can go to unwind after a hard day at school/work. Yes they said this. And ever since then, they've done nothing but try to make PvP into the biggest sweat fest I think I've ever seen in a FPS. So they did the exact OPPOSITE that they said they were going to do with PvP.

Not to mention that by making all PvP 4v4, they're actually forcing people to break up their clan teams in order to PvP. A lot of people would PvP with their raid team back in D1, which you could do because there were 6v6 game modes. Now, in D2, either two people get left out or you split the team into 3's and force each one to take a random on their team through matchmaking. I know a lot of raid teams, my own included, that are super pissed that we can no longer PvP together as a team anymore. It was a really shitty move on Bungie's part. It seems Bungie is willing to sacrifice everything in the pursuit of "balance" (which they'll still never attain given their track record).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-07-23 at 09:05 AM.

modern beta through the fanboy lens is either "you should be happy our lords are even giving us this divine blessing!" or "its just a fucking beta man, that literally excuses everything".
    Surprisingly the Destiny community online has a lot less of this. Most of it really from the destiny exclusive youtubers and streamers who rely on it for income like a remora or parasite sucking off some larger entity. But other than that things like one stat being worthless compared to the other too is a documented, tested and verified issue people want fixed instead of just losing their shit or being the brand defender screaming 'b-but its just a beta' like a swtor pre 1.0 tortanic passenger

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhhh, no. Making it all SBMM 4v4, regardless of the mode played turns every match into a sweat fest. And a lot of people don't find that fun. Which is ironic because Bungie themselves admitted that they wanted PvP to be a fun, casual experience where people can go to unwind after a hard day at school/work. Yes they said this. And ever since then, they've done nothing but try to make PvP into the biggest sweat fest I think I've ever seen in a FPS. So they did the exact OPPOSITE that they said they were going to do with PvP.

Not to mention that by making all PvP 4v4, they're actually forcing people to break up their clan teams in order to PvP. A lot of people would PvP with their raid team back in D1, which you could do because there were 6v6 game modes. Now, in D2, either two people get left out or you split the team into 3's and force each one to take a random on their team through matchmaking. I know a lot of raid teams, my own included, that are super pissed that we can no longer PvP together as a team anymore. It was a really shitty move on Bungie's part. It seems Bungie is willing to sacrifice everything in the pursuit of "balance" (which they'll still never attain given their track record).
    Most of the complaints seem to come from an Overwatch style "the developer is extremely thirsty for an esports success and thats now the balancing decider for the game" and Destiny was already turned into a "heres your bi yearly pve update, enjoy it for a month now just do iron banner for the rest of the year" in terms of pvp taking focus over pve and it seems the audience would want the pve focus but anyone whos played D1 for the last year knows pve seems more and more like an unwanted burden on their attempt at getting the esports bux.

Still in the longrun if they try the full esports meme and kill all interest thats their 'multi game plan' shot in the foot and those contracts with activision were not kind. They would have to make a balancing act like the division did or just go full halo 2 where people buy it to play a short campaign once and then the majority buy it for the mlg no scopes xX420x420Xx bunkum that seems to have died out over the years in favour of the modern screamer streamer shit like hearthstone or the survival game of the month.

Wether they can keep the players interested is up to them. But one thing i can safely say about the beta is that i do not think its pulling in the huge new player crowd they want. The traffic for it on PS4 is like a 5th of rise of irons release. The 'like' system showed the beta for D2 at 30k to RoI's 150k likes and thats probably existing players. Because this beta was a total mess for a none D1 player. Whats the light? why should you care this tower is under attack like its a big deal? who was the speaker? Whats the big white orb that did nothing but gets treated important? and so on. Remember theres no grimoire anymore so what do you tell them? hope you have a system that plays D1 -sorry PC players- and just grind shit for grimoire cards you read online?

I can only imagine the pvp is whats meant to sell new players and especially for pc players i do not see that happening which brings it all back to 'maybe focussing balance on pvp is kind of a bad idea'.

modern beta through the fanboy lens is either "you should be happy our lords are even giving us this divine blessing!" or "its just a fucking beta man, that literally excuses everything".
    Surprisingly the Destiny community online has a lot less of this. Most of it really from the destiny exclusive youtubers and streamers who rely on it for income like a remora or parasite sucking off some larger entity. But other than that things like one stat being worthless compared to the other too is a documented, tested and verified issue people want fixed instead of just losing their shit or being the brand defender screaming 'b-but its just a beta' like a swtor pre 1.0 tortanic passenger

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the complaints seem to come from an Overwatch style "the developer is extremely thirsty for an esports success and thats now the balancing decider for the game" and Destiny was already turned into a "heres your bi yearly pve update, enjoy it for a month now just do iron banner for the rest of the year" in terms of pvp taking focus over pve and it seems the audience would want the pve focus but anyone whos played D1 for the last year knows pve seems more and more like an unwanted burden on their attempt at getting the esports bux.

Still in the longrun if they try the full esports meme and kill all interest thats their 'multi game plan' shot in the foot and those contracts with activision were not kind. They would have to make a balancing act like the division did or just go full halo 2 where people buy it to play a short campaign once and then the majority buy it for the mlg no scopes xX420x420Xx bunkum that seems to have died out over the years in favour of the modern screamer streamer shit like hearthstone or the survival game of the month.

Wether they can keep the players interested is up to them. But one thing i can safely say about the beta is that i do not think its pulling in the huge new player crowd they want. The traffic for it on PS4 is like a 5th of rise of irons release. The 'like' system showed the beta for D2 at 30k to RoI's 150k likes and thats probably existing players. Because this beta was a total mess for a none D1 player. Whats the light? why should you care this tower is under attack like its a big deal? who was the speaker? Whats the big white orb that did nothing but gets treated important? and so on. Remember theres no grimoire anymore so what do you tell them? hope you have a system that plays D1 -sorry PC players- and just grind shit for grimoire cards you read online?

I can only imagine the pvp is whats meant to sell new players and especially for pc players i do not see that happening which brings it all back to 'maybe focussing balance on pvp is kind of a bad idea'.
    I'm still holding out hope that Bungie is able to give us a half decent PvE experience in D2. If it turns out to be more of the same shit we had to deal with in D1, some of which you've pointed out, then I won't be supporting them beyond D2. PvE is what made Destiny as successful as it was, and if Bungie wants to crucify that all in the name of esports PvP, then this franchise will die faster than Bungie can say "Throw money at the screen". It amazes me how a developer can be so out of touch with the majority of their playerbase and makes changes that most people were not asking for.

So if Bungie screws the pooch on this, I'll be more than happy to throw my money at Bioware's Anthem instead (provided it can give us the PvE experience we're looking for.....don't let us down Bioware!).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-07-23 at 10:24 AM.

I'm still holding out hope that Bungie is able to give us a half decent PvE experience in D2. If it turns out to be more of the same shit we had to deal with in D1, some of which you've pointed out, then I won't be supporting them beyond D2. PvE is what made Destiny as successful as it was, and if Bungie wants to crucify that all in the name of esports PvP, then this franchise will die faster than Bungie can say "Throw money at the screen". It amazes me how a developer can be so out of touch with the majority of their playerbase and makes changes that no one was asking for.

So if Bungie screws the pooch on this, I'll be more than happy to throw my money at Bioware's Anthem instead (provided it can give us the PvE experience we're looking for).
    To be honest I ask myself, How much of this is Bungie and how much is Activision.

This whole setup has Activision stink all over it and I personally do not like it. Its the reason COD turned into the shit show it did.

To be honest I ask myself, How much of this is Bungie and how much is Activision.

This whole setup has Activision stink all over it and I personally do not like it. Its the reason COD turned into the shit show it did.
    Oh, I can just about guarantee that Activision had a huge part to play in all this. It most definitely has their stink all over it.

Oh, I can just about guarantee that Activision had a huge part to play in all this. It most definitely has their stink all over it.
    I want to love Destiny I really do...

But fuck do they make it hard to do that.